Awoo.

n00b moments in Sonic fandom

Rally the Cheetah

I thought Sonic and Knuckles was a fighting game...

I mean look at the pal cover!

SonicKnucklesPAL.jpg

That looked fucking badass

Fast forward to 2000, I play Sonic and Knuckles and I am dissapoint

Have I posted in this topic or not? It's been so long and I can't remember...... :unsure:

I used to think that fancharacters were real characters, and I always wondered why they weren't in the games.

I made Sonic fancharacters D:

I thought that Shadow was a mutated clone of Sonic.

I pronounced "echidna" en-kind-da and "chao" Kay-O.

I thought that Sonic SatAM had something to do with Dr. Seuss (I thought it was some weird crossover or something, probably because of Snively).

I always knew Tails was a boy and not a girl though, I remember getting into an argument in the 2nd grade about it, because my best friend was sure Tails was a girl. :rolleyes:

Well, when I was a kid, after seeing Tails giggle at Sonic and Knuckles in the Sonic movie... I though he was a girl O_o... the worst part is that Sonic says 'Tails is just like a kid with his little toy' (or something like that) at the beginning of the movie...

While playing Sonic Adventure I thought it said Tails' name was 'Miles Tails Power', and pronounced chaos "Ch-ay-os", and pronounced Knuckles' name as 'Knuckles the Enchidna'

I think that's it. Growing up with Sonic makes you not say so many (ugh... I hate internet slang) n00b statements...

I mean look at the pal cover!

SonicKnucklesPAL.jpg

That looked fucking badass

AWESOME! Bowser Jr. is on the box to Sonic and Knuckles! (sorry if that seemed rude, but I just couldn't help it...)

Edited by Edge

I have one from my friend in the third grade. We were arguing over what an Echidna was. I told him it was an anteater because my S&K guide told me so. Well that was stupid, because his dad told him Knuckles was an enigma. Then it was Knuckles the agenda. He was a mystery character, and he had the plan. "He's Knuckles the Plan".

Edited by Dabnikz

I thought Tails was a female squirrel. I also was under the impression that Sonic X was not utter crap.

Edited by BD3

Playing Get Blue Spheres as Knuckles, to my amazement I was forcefully ejected out of the special zone when I thought you had to pick up red =/ very stupid indeed

Edit: oh and Like some others when i first played with the Chao, I pronounced them Kay-O.

Edited by Kaoz

Two friends and I were under the impression that Zero from SA1 was chasing Amy because he was in mad spontaneous love with her. Karma maybe?

Even though she was trying to protect the bird, and that's what everyone wanted from her?

Well, you pronounced the "ch" right, so you were probably a step ahead of everyone else.

You're telling me, I used to pronounce it "Eh-Chin-duh". XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though she was trying to protect the bird, and that's what everyone wanted from her?

'Twas a combination of weird editing, clunky animation, and playing the game in pieces while visiting another person’s house.

I too mispronounced echidna, chaos, and chao.

Hooray! Knuckles The Etchinda found a Chay-ose Emerald! Time to visit the Chayo garden!

And for some reason I thought Big was Amy's pet cat for a brief period.

Well here are mine:

I used to pronounce Echidna "etch-e-deen-er" and continued to do so until I finally heard it pronounced in Sonic Adventure 2.

Also like many others I used to pronounce Chao "Kao", and to be honest I still do a fair bit.

Oh yeah, and way back when I was just starting to get into Sonic, I thought that Spring Yard Zone was called "Spring Hield Zone" and that it was a grass themed level. This came from me having seen Sonic 1 in demo mode in my local Argos store. The TV it was playing on wasn't particulary close, so I think I just saw the green bushes from the background and assumed it was grass. Where I got the name from though I have no idea.

Edited by Doctor Sοnic

Laugh at me all you want, but when I was little I thought Sonic Advance was the first game, Sa2 was the second and SADX was the third. I also was told that the chaotix came in during sonic adventure and i didn't know SADX was a remake of it, so i hunted everywhere for it online, or at least my poor daddy did. ^^; Years later, when I knew everything I do today, I remembered that, and felt REALLY stupid. ^^; I also thought NiGHTS was part of the Sonic series because of Sonic DX pinball stage. So, since i couldnt find him in the game, i knew he wasn't in sonic x, i looked all over for him in satam. XD

In Sonic 1 I got a "Charles" Emerald.

seriously, when your five years old, wtf is a "chaos?"

In SA2B I called the chao "Kay-Ohs."

This was after I'd hear the proper pronunciation of chaos. How I still messed this up i'll never know.

Someone who played Sonic Battle before more told me Emerl's name was Elmer.

back on old bit times, I thought Tails was a girl. That was because the latinoamerican (or spanish in general I don't know) version of AoSTh names Tails as "colitas" (Which is in fact a way to translate the name), but since the translated name sounded much of a female name, the dubbers got confused and claimed him to be female.

Wasn't until Sonic Adventure that I learn Tails was actually a dude...

Playing Get Blue Spheres as Knuckles, to my amazement I was forcefully ejected out of the special zone when I thought you had to pick up red =/ very stupid indeed

Edit: oh and Like some others when i first played with the Chao, I pronounced them Kay-O.

Both for me, too xD. I was playing as Sonic and when I saw the different colors, I thought each character could collect one color so Sonic blue, Tails yellow and Knuckles red.

I pronounced Echidna E-Ched-Na

I'm surprised so many people were confused about genders xD I, luckily, never was.

I had the whole "Chao" = "Kay-o" thing. Didn't really help that they introduced them in the same game as Chaos, so obviously some people are going to try and pronounce it the same because it's the same bar one letter.

Damn you SEGA for that evil, evil trick.

When I was little, when playing SA1 I thought Knuckles was a red Sonic XD

Also , when i was little i thought shadow was an Evil Sonic clone.

I thought Knuckles was a hedgehog o.O

That is, until I got the Sonic Advance 2 guide.

and then the whole "Kay-yo" thing. XD

I used to think:

Knuckles was a girl

Tails' full name was Two Tails

that Sonia was in Sonic R, Not Amy

Sonic Underground was good

Knuckles was a porcupine

Sonic used to belong to Nintendo

Sonic X was good

And I'm sure there are many more..............

I used to think:

Knuckles was a girl also.

Sonic Adventure 2 would be the last ever Sonic game.

Beleive all the rumors about Sonic Adventure 3 after Sonic Adventure 2 been out of a while.

Wanted Shadow to get his own game.

Lol, THIS. Extaticus, we really do think very alike.

It seems so, but this next part kinda scared me:

Oh, and I used to pronounce Chao as "K-oh". But I know I'm not alone on that.

No, you're not; I used to, too!

Interesting, random, and unrelated tidbit of information: In Star Fox Adventures, the dinosaur word for "The" is "Kxo" (pronounced "K-zo") - the voice actors obviously weren't taught to speak the dinosaur language properly, as it keeps being mispronounced and said as "K-oh".

Why I know this I have no idea, but now you know it too! Huzzah!

I used to think ALL the hoaxes on Sonic Vegemite were real and subsequently spent a very long time trying to unlock Shadow in Sonic Spinball.