Awoo.

SSR: NEW DJ ALERT!

BlitzChris

Congratulations to DJChaos, aka cdrom1019 who has been successful in becoming SSR’s newest DJ. He’ll be appearing LIVE on the SSR stream between the hours of 4pm and 6pm GMT, for the two hours prior to the A/V Hijack. If you want to join in the chatroom, or listen in on the stream, try the new SSR chatplayer, or if you have your own IRC client, try for: irc://irc.surrealchat.net/sonicstadium

From all the staff here at the Sonic Stadium, we wish him a happy season!

PS: If you too think you have what it takes to become an SSR DJ, email me at blitzchris[at]sonicstadium(dot)org and we’ll see what we can sort out ;)

View the full article

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cdrom1019

• bmn

• BlitzChris

• Diz

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! thank you so much....I can't wait to start doing Talk It Up...It's gonna be so awesome and so much fun......text is pretty bland ain't it? I'm gonna let the video do the talking

What's that? More? a little about myself? sure...and I'll do it the best way I know how! A flashy 2 min clip of yours truly

http://g4tv.com/videos/40645/Viewer-Visit-From-Syracuse-NY/

Dude it's freaking awesome that more DJ's are jumping aboard, and obviously from the footage you provided, you're certainly more than just a voice on the radio, you seem quite interactive, professional, and organized. I've seen DJ's come and go which were so-so but you definitely seem like you'll make an impression here on the community, and I greatly look forward to your premiere! 8]

-Iceman

Congratulations, good luck on the SSR. :)

Get out there and spice it up n'stuff, yush? x3

(Remember to not be too tense. Relax yourselv, and everything will go just fine. =3)

Hey all...A HUGE thank you to everyone who supported me today with my show premiere. It was a massive success and I had about 14 peak listeners combined from both the mp3 and the ogg streams. I really couldn't be much happier right now. So thank you so much and I can't wait to get on with the rest of the season....the videos are posted on the stickam channel and i'll work on the audio streams when i get some time...and keep check the stickam feed...you never know when I'll go live just for the hell of it.

Here's to the rest of the season....Thank you all so much!

Edited by cdrom1019

Hey, Rom. Congrats on getting your first SSR show out. I had a quick listen in and I can definitely say you bring something new to the station. I enjoyed your banter and you had some nice song selection. Hopefully the stuff we've got planned can get you and the rest of the DJs some more listeners in the future, though that's also down to you ;p

I will say though that from what I heard I didn't like the idents playing before and after every track (or at least it seemed). Not so much them in themselves, more how they played again and again. Duno if it's something to do with your broadcasting setup or your choice, but if I were the type to follow a show on SSR (used to be, but now I'm too busy actually keeping it running >_>) that'd be a dealbreaker for me.

yea I totally agree on you with that. There's a few factors involved with that. One is the fact that for some reason, my winamp was set to loop...so sometimes i would need to stop a track before changing my audio device on winamp. The second factor is that I have 2 devices I have to do when I change from song to voice or voice to song, not only do I need to change the selection on the encoder, but I need to change my mixer from stereo mix to digital mic and back for the stickam viewers. And the final factor is that I had just made some new brb and welcome back jingles for the show and they were also in the same folder with the old ones...so sometimes I needed to find and play the right one. I'm going to do a little cleaning in that folder so I find the file i need much quicker.

so...as far as the jingles I used goes....are you suggesting I don't play them every time I go to play a track and come back from playing a track? or are you suggesting I make a variety of different ones to use so it's not the same thing every time. Let me know because I do take suggestions to heart. It wasn't a very rough premiere but it wasn't the smoothest either, so I'm willing to listen to and try anything that can make my show better.

I'd probably suggest one ident per 10 minutes or so. You want to find a balance between something that entertains and informs, and something that's stale and annoying. Might be worth experimenting and listening through one of your own shows (are you getting a directory in the media archive?) to see what works.

Could you use Stereo Mix constantly with the mic turned up? I know that causes feedback looping in some setups though...

Speaking of, it may be possible to automate the input source changes, perhaps through HotKeys (i.e. you hit a keyboard shortcut and it does the rest). How exactly do you handle the switch when you do it?

just change them by pointing and clicking....after a song...click the red button...click the windows mixer window I already have open...and then click digital mic.....If I could constantly record from steero mix, I would...but I can't because Microphone is not an option on my playback menu....meaning that I don't hear myself through my speakers when I speak to a mic

and yes...I do have space in the FTP for my show