Awoo.

What Will You Do if Needlemouse Is Amazing?

Legendary Emerald

If Needlemouse is amazing, or even just good, then I will feel so much unfathomable joy that I will have no idea what to do with it. It might take a couple weeks for my body to get over the shock of a Sonic game finally getting good reception, but once I do, I will feel more motivated to partake in more Sonic-related stuff. It will no longer feel as though I am clinging on to past things to justify my devotion to Sonic. Instead, I will finally take the opportunity to live in the present without any feeling of remorse. I will take pride in being a Sonic fan again. I will buy more merchanside, start drawing some fan art, do a Let's Play series for Needlemouse, and just make the most of the Sonic revival that we should have had a long while ago. I will watch as gamers all over the Internet will proclaim that Sonic is back, and it will feel so good. I will simply ignore those who refuse to welcome Sonic back because they can't get over the bad games; it is their own loss that they are unable to live in the present.

I don't want to cling onto my memories of 1994 anymore. As much as I loved that time, I don't want to live in it forever. I want to live in the present with a new and improved Sonic. I just need a Sonic game that I can really enjoy without feeling any guilt for doing so. I need a Sonic game that I would not be embarrassed to show to my family and friends. It has nothing to do with classic or modern, I just want a fun, solid Sonic experience that I can fully enjoy in the now. If Sega can at least deliver on that, it will be the motivation I need to get out of my 1994 time warp and start being more active in the Sonic community.

Have more faith in Sonic Team to produce quality Sonic games more often, and not have to persuade others that "This one will finally be good! I swear!" every time a new game is announced.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have more faith in Sonic Team to produce quality Sonic games more often, and not have to persuade others that "This one will finally be good! I swear!" every time a new game is announced.

Ditto, anyway I don't care how amazing or how awful this game eventually turns out to be through fans or critics, as long as the game makes me happy, I'll be fine.

People are only harsh toward new ideas because so far they've all been implemented atrociously. May as well go back to what actually works for a change between those new ideas, to keep Sonic afloat, rather than continuing to degrade his and Sonic Team's reputation through more 3D punishment.

I guess I can't really argue with that when you put it that way.

Though I do have to bring out that new ideas have a tendency to be criticized for simply being a new idea, nowadays. That's not to say it was a good idea to implement the Guns, Werehogs, etc. the way they were in past titles, but people nowadays will jump up to openly criticize Sonic simply riding a hoverboard or being in a car for a racing game in which that was the whole intent of him using. Some ideas, no matter how indifferent I am to them, have almost every reason to be criticised for, but it would be a bit foolish not to acknowledge that some people do in fact take them to very stubborn levels.

No it won't, but it will give the team(s) they have working in the background on new 3D projects more time to get things right for a change. Look at how long Nintendo puts its star games in development for, look at the quality of their output, surely Sonic would benefit from similarly lavish treatment?

I thought one of the reasons why Sega doesn't take as long to polish their games like Nintendo was because they couldn't exactly afford to do so? Of course, I'm pretty blank as it is when it comes to the full story on that topic, but I always figured that because they weren't exactly getting as much of a profit as Nintendo was in order to delay games to polish them further. Delaying the games does cost money, doesn't it?

Unless your ideas on them making a bunch of 2D games to rake in that kind of profit to afford those kind of delays was your point. If so, then forget I said all that.

If I'm able to play it, I'll enjoy it. If not, I'll still enjoy the positive attention towards the series for the first time in who knows how long.

Though I'm sure I'll hear a ton of I-told-you-so's from the 2D-only supporters I know, it won't bother me too much. I doubt Sega will actually abandon 3D altogether, no matter what anyone says; if anything, I hope they take a similar approach to the Mario series, making 2D and 3D games for home consoles.

Oh, and I might be able to talk about a new Sonic game outside of the internet for once. That would be nice.

I just realized I never actually answered the topic. I'll probably play it, and like all good downloadable games, will make me grumble for a few moments about how Retroforce Go! is still on its sabbatical.

If Sonic was real, I wonder what he would say about his so called "fanbase".-_-

Edited by Phos

Be annoyed I'm unlikely to ever play it, so spoil the entire game (likely will anyway), and brace myself for all the retrofags (ie the ones who think anything after 3&K is SHIT AND USUX FOR LIKIN IT LOLO) saying "I told you so", even though it's not about the style that makes it good. Sonic 06 would have likely been something special if they rushed it. That's why it sucked. It was rushed. The plot was crap too, but the plot is second to gameplay.

I would tell everyone I know to get Needlemouse. Even to non-Sonic fans. I'll probably be addicted to it. If it's truly amazing, I'll being playing it for a long time.

Probably find someone with an Xbox 360 and ask if I can play it.

Seriously, I hope this game turns out well.