Awoo.

Vanquish

Sega DogTagz

33o5ij8.jpg

FALKUN PAWNCH!!!1!!!

had to be done.

Well, this stuff looks great. We can see a Gears esc cover system with some melee focus spliced into the combat. Not to mention the motion blur and sparks make it look pretty.

I also think I spot a squad member in that last picture.You can see a dude taking cover in pic 2 as well.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Actually...

"We're leading development on PS3," said Vanquish director Shinji Mikami. "Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."

:3

And no, it's not Framework and I can't see a reason why the guys that rejected Capcom would buy their tech when they can make their own. And last time I checked Framework runs pretty nice on PS3 D:

Edited by Dobkeratops

"We're leading development on PS3," said Vanquish director Shinji Mikami. "Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."

Words can't express my joy!

• 3 weeks later...

Some info from an Italian Playstation magazine:

• "High-speed robot survival action game"

• Inspired on Gears and CoD

• Huge battleships fly over the battlefield (a space station) and crash on it

• The armor pulses with green lights like it's alive, and possesses mobile sections that can change its shape. Weapons can shapeshift too.

• You can use the boost to dash across the battlefield and end the run with a kick to the face of an enemy

• Aside from your guns and grenades, there's pilotable turrets AND mechs

• You can issue orders to your teammates via the d-pad

• Transformable bosses with different attack patterns (ie: a spider mech that turns into bipedal humanoid form after taking a lot of punishment)

• Officially considered the spiritual successor to P.N.03

• Game's running on the next iteration of the basic technology employed in Bayonetta

• Leads & demoed on PS3, visually stunning, speed of the action in the preview shown indicates it could very well be 60fps (!)

• No multiplayer as they'd have to remove a lot of the single player features to make it work, but Mikami says that's the last thing you'll be thinking of when you play Vanquish

Fuck yeah.

Sounds awesome, I'm glad they're personally making sure both versions are identical this time. Almost makes me want to buy a Wii and hunt down a copy of P.N.03 before I play this.

And here my first thought was that it was going to be another FPS.

But after reading GI on it being like Halo or Gears of War meets Bayonetta, I'm actually excited about this game.

The screens also seem to confirm that, so I can see this being much different than I expected.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Inspired on Gears and CoD

That combined with a free range Mass Effect 2 esc Vanguard rush? Dear God this game is going to be monsterous.

I really want to see some of these Mechs though. They could be awesome if the original suit is anything to go by. Sad to see the lack of multiplayer (and most likely co-op too) but If the campaign is as good as Bayonetta it surley won't matter.

Lotta time till release though. I would love to get a peek at this at E3

A TPS with boostpack driven brawls and transforming guns running on the Bayonetta tech that's developed first for the PS3 to avoid the technical problems first instead of forcing a hard port?

You had me at A.

• 1 month later...

Pictars

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004434657.jpg

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004436470.jpg

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004440454.jpg

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004426642.jpg

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004447048.jpg

vanquish-screenshots-20100428004501329.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from GAF, quotes from LEVEL magazine:

• The game is a lot faster than traditional third person shooters. Sam can boost from cover to cover, quick tempo and intensity seems to be keywords when designing the game.

• According to the article, the action is only ever paused to allow Sam to take a couple of drags on his cigarette (which apparently explains the low placement of his visor).

• The game plays more like a shmup a la Sin & Punishment rather than Gears of War.

• Sam carries one gun, which the suit can transform into another gun, for example a shotgun turns into a machine gun. Real-time weapon morphing?!

• Close quarter combat plays a major role.

• Mikami admits that the game looks very similar to other shooters on the surface, but promises that the speed and tempo will set it apart.

• Inaba says that "Mikami is free to do whatever he wants"

• The author of the article is not too impressed by neither story nor cinematics and thinks that the game works best when it focuses on the intense action.

Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review".

Emot-awesome.gif

Edited by Dobkeratops
  • Thumbs Up 1

Those pictures are insane. Can't wait for some high-quality screens and gameplay vids, the game looks amazing.

I smell a boss battle. That thing don’t look too friendly.

Man, the new shots look great. The extra focus on melee combat could really set this game apart and give it the flair we expect from Platinum.

I hope the frenetic pace of this game really does something to set it apart from its competitors, because right now beyond that (which we have not even seen in motion yet!) I'm seeing very little to get excited about here. My hype is fading quickly. The devs will need to pull off some spectacular shit to make this worth my money.

• Mikami opens the conference by saying "Is there anyone from IGN here? Thanks for that God Hand review".

Seriously, this. :lol:

Anyhoo, screens look great, but still, needs more info! A gameplay trailer would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I think there's a couple new shots in these scans:

kyfs5e.jpg

kqjtcz.jpg

yjcbwe.jpg

fpkope.jpg

Also I don't recall it being mentioned before, but the magazine says that Witch Bullet Time can only be triggered when the player's speed is fast enough. Like when you're dashing across the battlefield or (literally!) springing out of cover.

They seem to mark it for a Fall (November) 2010 release, but you know the deal with these dates.

Seeing that last mag scan with the MGS bit on it, I can't help but think that this game is totally jacking Metal Gear Rising's concept.

My eyes are drawn to the payload of mini-rockets being dropped on that last scan. From the looks of things, the visual immersion into the battlefield is going to be on of the key things this game has going for it.

Game still looks exceedingly gorgeous too. E3. Here. Now.

Seeing that last mag scan with the MGS bit on it, I can't help but think that this game is totally jacking Metal Gear Rising's concept.

What concept? Nobody outside of Konami knows yet how Rising is meant to play =P

I smell a boss battle. That thing don’t look too friendly.

Knowing Platinum, that's probably just a miniboss.

• 3 weeks later...

"We got approximately 8 hours to stop that from happening! We WILL stop that from happening." - Epic Beard Commander guy.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-vanquish/100954

New trailer! With gameplay footage!

...Aw snap! The dialogue may have some cheese in it, but that has got to be the fastest Third person shooter I ever seen! (Seriously, try to keep up with the gameplay footage!) And I knew that thing was a jetpack! (I wonder if we'll actually get to use it manually?)

...Gimme dat fucking release date!

Edited by Super YoshiUnity Man
  • Thumbs Up 3