Awoo.

Old Sega Genesis Cheat Code Video

Meta77

Its a old video i won in a contest a long time ago. I look back now and laugh at some of the sonic tips they gave but back then i really found them helpful.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vertekins

• Badnik Mechanic

• Meta77

• psikeout

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh yeah! I got my genesis and my awesome lunch code! I'll be the most awesome player in the universe! WOOO!"

Does anyone talk like that in real life? Except for Dread? Well that was different to say the least, quite funny in parts if only for the dialogue. At least now I have totally awesome cheat codes so I can get to the final stage on Mean Bean Machine using the hardest setting... wait... thats not fun it's bloomin' hard!

It's funny how the announcer pronounces Ristar as 'RISS-STAR'. I always pronounced it like 'RYE-STAR'.

And Riho isn't a backpack! He's the monkey-like puppet master. And the announcer is calling the Ristar levels as 'zones'. Someone's mixing up their terminology XD.

This vid is interesting though. It seems more advertisement than tip video.

Edited by Verte

It's funny how the announcer pronounces Ristar as 'RISS-STAR'. I always pronounced it like 'RYE-STAR'.

Allow me to turn your pronunciation world upside down: It is localized/romanized/whatever you wanna call it as "RISS-tar" and not "RYE-star." (ri-su-ta and not rai-su-ta).

Woohoo, I have the power to say Ristar. Now if only I could have gotten to play it... And with Lunchables tips, too. Man, I missed out on a cultural experience.

Ha ha ha ha. I wouldn't go anywhere near the big Oscar Mayer vault, with the gray walls that vaguely resemble processed lunch meat. Yewwwww. Did he taste that uvula thing when the chair stopped, too? Why would he do that! This is straight '90s weird, but it's funny how much advertising for Lunchables they jammed in there. That's a bunch of good games they gave tips for though, I had more than half of them. Gooood choices, Lunchables. Oh yeah, I also say "Rih-star".

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog

Allow me to turn your pronunciation world upside down: It is localized/romanized/whatever you wanna call it as "RISS-tar" and not "RYE-star." (ri-su-ta and not rai-su-ta).

I...did not know that.

It's gonna be a bit hard to break the pronunciation habit though :o

And yeah, I did raise an eyebrow at the guy tasting the freaky uvula thing. It didn't resemble anything vaguely food-like :blink:

"Oh yeah! I got my genesis and my awesome lunch code! I'll be the most awesome player in the universe! WOOO!"

Does anyone talk like that in real life? Except for Dread? Well that was different to say the least, quite funny in parts if only for the dialogue. At least now I have totally awesome cheat codes so I can get to the final stage on Mean Bean Machine using the hardest setting... wait... thats not fun it's bloomin' hard!

Maybe we should all follow Dread's example!

:)

I thought I'd seen the depth of SEGA's classic crazy advertising until I saw this :lol: This reminds me of an old video I got from Mean Machines SEGA magazine which I lost a long time back but someone's put it on YouTube -

Part 1 here -

Oh nineties cheap cheesy graphics how I've missed ye. I love it when someone turns up ones of these vidoe's just pure nostalgia, the tips are pretty useful too, although most of them I figured out long ago.