Awoo.

Sonic '06 has online multiplayer in Japan?

Detective Shadzter

So I was browsing the official Japanese Xbox site and noticed on the Sonic '06 product page -

オフライン プレイヤー数 : 1-4

カスタム サウンドトラック

ハイビジョン D4 (720p)

オンライン プレイヤー数 : 2

The bottom one is an Xbox Live feature and the text translates to -

Number of Players: 1-4

Custom Soundtracks

HDTV D4 (720p)

Online Players: 2

So apparently the Japanese version has 1-4 players locally while the U.S. and European versions have 1-2 players locally and apparently the Japanese version also supports 2 players over Xbox Live while the U.S. and European versions are unable to do online multiplayer at all. The only Xbox Live feature in the U.S. and Europe is 'Content Download' which the Japanese version has too but oddly isn't listed on this product page.

So is this just a mistake or does the Japanese version really have these features? I can't seem to find anything on the net regarding this info.

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/games/s/sonicthehedgehog/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/sonicthehedgehog/default.htm

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/s/sonicthehedgehog/

Oh and apparently according to the UK product page the game's PEGI rating has dropped from 12 to 3 :huh:

Well, it could of been another one of those things Sega planned for Nextgen that never came to existance. Because we all know so many more things they were planning didn't ever happen (day/night system, freeroaming large stages, Metal Sonic, Super Sonic in-game, a "make Silver faster" upgrade, downloadable soundtracks, better gameplay and loading times, feeling finished). :P

4-way multiplayer would mean more than Sonic, Shadow and Silver. It's a mistake, or canned feature at best. Like fun.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Most likely a mistake or scraped idea, otherwise we probobly would have known about it(I mean no one would be keeping a secret like this for a game thats $12.95) Here's a question though, if '06 had online multiplayer(both NA and PAL versions)would it be any more worth buying?

4-way multiplayer would mean more than Sonic, Shadow and Silver. It's a mistake, or canned feature at best. Like fun.

It's quite evident that Player 4 is Sonicman.

Oh man, playable Sonicman would have been hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 4

Sonicman needs to be in Needlemouse as a secret character; where he plays just like a 2D version of Sonic from Nextgen (bugs, anti-gravity and all). :P

• Thumbs Up 2

You know, if Sega made a Usenet page for Sonic 2 back in the day, they would probably have mentioned Hidden Palace on it.

Edited by Tornado

Online multiplayer? That would have been AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

......if they game didn't suck porcupine nuts.

Blaze, Amy, and maybe the other Amigo characters were planned to be usable in multiplayer at some point. You can read more about it here.

Blaze, Amy, and maybe the other Amigo characters were planned to be usable in multiplayer at some point. You can read more about it here.

Uh, yeah I know that. Everyone infact was supposed to have their own set of missions. That was canned, ergo 4 player mode was also canned.

Guest Jordan4K6

Sega really needs to rerelease this game with all the ideas made & possibly short loading times and as glitchy as Unleashed? ....... I wish

Sega really needs to rerelease this game with all the ideas made & possibly short loading times and as glitchy as Unleashed? ....... I wish

Doesn't fix the terrible storyline and characterization. The game is better off lost in time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The least they could have done was patch the thing. It's common courtesy when you release a completely unfinished game to at least release a patch to make it playable.

Shame though, it would have been an excellent game if they had pushed back the release date and actually finished it.

The least they could have done was patch the thing. It's common courtesy when you release a completely unfinished game to at least release a patch to make it playable.

Shame though, it would have been an excellent game if they had pushed back the release date and actually finished it.

Sonic 06 was an epic fail even without the glitches, frankly. Terrible design all round, horrible story, and well, just not fun. At all. It was beyond saving considering the horrific game design decisions that were apparent in that game.

Guest Jordan4K6

Sonic 06 is actually in my top 3 Sonic games, people exaggerate over the glitches but the loading screens while doing a mission can be annoying -_-

Sonic 06 was an epic fail even without the glitches, frankly. Terrible design all round, horrible story, and well, just not fun. At all. It was beyond saving considering the horrific game design decisions that were apparent in that game.

Difference of opinion. I thought everything about it was pretty much great except for the fact it was totally unplayable thanks to all the bugs. If it had been fixed I think it would have been one of the best Sonic games released.

Sonic 06 is actually in my top 3 Sonic games, people exaggerate over the glitches but the loading screens while doing a mission can be annoying -_-

I rented the game again recently and I literally can not complete Sonic's Crisis City level because a glitch causes him to fall through the stage at a certain point every single time.

I rented the game again recently and I literally can not complete Sonic's Crisis City level because a glitch causes him to fall through the stage at a certain point every single time.

What glitch? This has never happened to me...

Guest Jordan4K6

Never happened to me either...

• Bad Quality Post 1

Its really hard to gauge what the game would have ended up being like when it was released essentially in an Alpha state. The story still would have been horrible and plagued with awful decisions, but the game proper could have been a total shot in the arm for the series.

The glitches have names? Right at the beginning of the speed section Sonic just falls through the stage. I suspect its an issue with the physics, on other games using Havok as a physics engine where the physics were poorly implemented I've seen glitches where if something snags on another object it can fall through it which is what I think is going on between Sonic and the stage. I wish I still had my save from the last time I rented it where I managed to get past that section. It was hard enough without falling through.

neuralizermib.jpg

There are no glitches in Sonic 2K6. Or Sonic Heroes. Or any Sonic game ever.

Have a nice day.

• Thumbs Up 2

neuralizermib.jpg

There are no glitches in Sonic 2K6. Or Sonic Heroes. Or any Sonic game ever.

Have a nice day.

Sonic Heroes had close to no glitches. You just fell all over the place.