Awoo.

Character development

Blazey Firekitty

Any characters within the game series you think are poorly defined, or at least need more fleshing out?

Definately Omega, he's a bit bland and he doesn't have much personality (I know he's a robot but Gamma had personality).

And maybe Team Chaotix. We've only seen them as a team and not independantly.

I think the character development is quite good in the series. I still think there should be some more light shed on Silver, Blaze and Nega for obvious reasons. I'm also with Bagel on Omega and Chaotix.

I agree with CreamyBagel that Omega and the Chaotix could use some work. I'm also inclined to say Cream needs some more development, as I really haven't seen much from her, which is a shame, since I really like her and would enjoy seeing more of her. Besides, I hear lots of complaints about her, and I think some development might convince fans to give her a chance? I can hope. She really seems the same as she was when she was first introduced, but correct me if I am wrong.

Silver is another one. As it stands, I don't care for him, but if they work on him more I might be able to stand him better. He needs to lighten up a bit and stop being as rude as he is. Just my opinion though.

And how about Big the Cat? :D

Edited by Blaze

And how about Big the Cat? :D

Kudos to Sega if they can develop Big without ruining him. While I don't really like Big myself, his character is rooted in his simplicity. He can really only be marred by development.

Rouge. She's just a mysterious klepto we know next ot nothing about. What's her history? How did she become the thief/super spy she is today. Showing her past could really give her some development.

And Omega could do with a little more develpopment, but it seems the writer of the Sonic comic is about to do that in the new Sonic Universe by having Omega make a new friend. None other than Eggman's (step) niece. She was introduced as his step-niece, but Flynn seems to be trying to make her part of the Robotnik/Kintobor family.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

And Omega could do with a little more develpopment, but it seems the writer of the Sonic comic is about to do that in the new Sonic Universe by having Omega make a new friend. None other than Eggman's (step) niece. She was introduced as his step-niece, but Flynn seems to be trying to make her part of the Robotnik/Kintobor family.

I can imagine her having a Q/James Bond like relationship with him, given her "techie" status. :lol:

"Hey, try not to trash all the weapons I'm giving you this time, okay? I swear, you're always overheating things..."

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I think every character is developed well enough. GUN started out as a secret organization in sa2, so I'm glad they developed them a lot more in shadow the hedgehog.

I just want to see characters like the Chaotix and the President return in more games. It wouldn't make sense for them to just dissapear. There needs to be better continuity.

Sonic games attract new fans to the franchise each year. So I think it's important that the characters don't lose their little purposes. For example, new fans probably don't even know what the Master Emerald is. Knuckles is the guardian, which is an important trait. Just as important as Rouge being a spy for GUN. Yet the new games don't mention this. Knuckles is just there... this shows a quality of generic-ness. A character that's just there because he's strong.

Edited by lounge

^Yeah I agree on Knuckles. In SA1/SA2 Knuckles' purpose was to gather the shards of the master emerald because it was his duty to protect it but since SA2 none of the main games have included this element, only the filler ones have mentioned it. Then again, having the master emerald shatter over and over again would get a little repetitive.

Still, there's a lot more to Knuckles than his strength.

Edited by CreamyBagel

The problem is that sega's been doing a bad job with the storylines recently. And they've been leaving out characters. They need to make another big game that helps show some character development.

Knuckles needs more story behind him and the Master Emerald, there isn't enough nowadays for new fans.

Omega, even though his concept is simple, has he given an idea as to what he would do after Eggman is dead?

Rouge, We know next to nothing about her, but I suppose that just adds to her illusion.

As for couples... Poor Tails, hes all alone now(WTB Cosmo resurrection, as it stands, shes the most well-developed new character for awhile other then Shadow). Sonic has Amy, Knuckles has

Shade

, Shadow could use someone as well I think, but then thats most likely going to be Rouge.

Edited by Morphed Chaos

I can imagine her having a Q/James Bond like relationship with him, given her "techie" status. :lol:

"Hey, try not to trash all the weapons I'm giving you this time, okay? I swear, you're always overheating things..."

Heh. Someone else on another forum made a similar joke about how Hope would act all motherly on Omega.

It'd be hilarious to see her reprimanding him like a mom for using up all his missiles, getting dented up, and coming back to base late. :D

I would like the games to decide where they are going with Tails. After his brief little stint with being more independent, he now seems more than ever like the lackey/support character who exists only to build things for the team and ferry Sonic around with the Tornado.

Odd as it may sound coming from me, I'd rather that Tails wasn't in the games at all if he's no longer going to be Sonic's 'right hand G'. =P

I would like the games to decide where they are going with Tails. After his brief little stint with being more independent, he now seems more than ever like the lackey/support character who exists only to build things for the team and ferry Sonic around with the Tornado.

Odd as it may sound coming from me, I'd rather that Tails wasn't in the games at all if he's no longer going to be Sonic's 'right hand G'. =P

I'm hoping that the fact that Tails used the original Tornado in Unleashed instead of the teched-out Tornado 2 is a good sign that he'll be returned to form in the near future.^_^

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I'm hoping that the fact that Tails used the original Tornado in Unleashed instead of the teched-out Tornado 2 is a good sign that he'll be returned to form in the near future.^_^

Tornado 2 is much better..Also, the model of the plane in unleashed is crappy and very childish. I don't understand where the hell is my favorite blue version of the plane..(((((At least in rush adventure and chronicles there was normal version of Tornado(as in Sa). I hate unleashed's FAT model.

I miss the days Tails was the best Sonic's friend and sidekick..

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I miss the days Tails was the best Sonic's friend and sidekick..

Interestingly, the main reason I wanna play Rivals 2 is because it brought back traditional Tails platforming gameplay.^_^

Be nice if that sort of thing would show up outside of handhelds, though.

Still wanna see Cosmo come back, then maybe Tails would get more of a spotlight due to having a partner himself.

Also, I've yet to see a solo game with Knuckles, they need to make one in order to flush out his origin with the Master Emerald and all.

Still wanna see Cosmo come back, then maybe Tails would get more of a spotlight due to having a partner himself.

Cosmo was only in the anime, which was discontinued indefinately.

Cosmo was only in the anime, which was discontinued indefinately.

I still think the plant in Tails' Workshop is Cosmo, looks just like the Anime one, so thats whats got me on this. Remember, the games are taking things from Animes now, such as Meta Knight's sword name, or Sonic and his chili dogs.

Also, I've yet to see a solo game with Knuckles, they need to make one in order to flush out his origin with the Master Emerald and all.

I remember there was some kind of voting on Sega europe site about who's worthy of his own game..There was Knuckles too. I wonder if there ever be any game with any character beside Sonic.

Edited by ArtFenix

I still think the plant in Tails' Workshop is Cosmo, looks just like the Anime one, so thats whats got me on this. Remember, the games are taking things from Animes now, such as Meta Knight's sword name, or Sonic and his chili dogs.

Are you talking about the workshop in Sonic Adventure? That was YEARS before Sonic X was ever even concieved in the mind of Sega. And the chili dogs were actually a good move on their part. Adding anime exclusives would be a bad idea.

The only exception was Cream the Rabbit, who almost made it into the anime before Sonic Advance 2. Thank goodness it was released before Sonic X, otherwise people would be using that as false evidence for the "games are taking it from the anime" argument. It's the other way around.

I wonder if there ever be any game with any character beside Sonic.

Tails_Skypatrol_Title.jpg

TailsAdventure_GG_Sega_205_39c30.PNG

KnucklesChaotix_32X_Sega_205_8ac70.PNG

Sonic_Mean_Bean_Machine.jpg

Edited by Indigo Rush

Are you talking about the workshop in Sonic Adventure? That was YEARS before Sonic X was ever even concieved in the mind of Sega.

No. The one in Chronicles. There is a white plant pot in the top right hand corner of the bottom screen near the window with a plant growing.

Edited by Fairfieldfencer

No. The one in Chronicles. There is a white plant pot in the top right hand corner of the bottom screen near the window with a plant growing.

The Sonic X continuity and game continuity are almost completely separate except for some adaptions from the games. That's it. If it was really was Cosmo, she would have appeared in a game before then.

Edited by Indigo Rush

I wonder if there ever be any game with any character beside Sonic.

Indigo rush.I mean, NOW, not these OLD shitty games. I mean all we got was Shadow the hedgehog. I really would like to see Knuckles the echidna or Tails the fox (not this sky patrol crap), or Eggman(he could have great solo project)

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Bad Quality Post 1