Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

but I think XBLA/PSN games only have demos released on the day the actual game is released

False, there is no pattern regarding the release of demos. I've seen demos be released a week before the game comes out and even a month before the game comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

False, there is no pattern regarding the release of demos. I've seen demos be released a week before the game comes out and even a month before the game comes out.

Definitely not the case with Arcade or any download title I'm afraid. My guess would be another community challenge thing, as that's all I can think of. :mellow:

Another teasing update from RubyEclipse today from Sega Forums

Thanks for being patient everyone. smile.gif

All I can say for now - when things kick back up again, the wait will be worth it.

http://forums.sega.c...72&postcount=63

then someone replyed to him he said this

Originally Posted by Eggman123 Thanks for the update Ruby.

Only one question:

When you said: "show something noone of us have seen",

were you also refering to the guys who watched the leaks?

http://forums.sega.c...37&postcount=65

Edited by Foxy Boy

PR talk. He can't say "The wait won't be worth it at all cause you're just gonna get everything you already know from the leaks" can he now?

• Thumbs Up 1

The whole game was leaked, there is nothing "worth the wait" left to show anymore. Don't buy into the PR people. I'm still excited for the game, but the only thing RubyEclipse could show off that would excite me is a release date set for the not too distant future (a few weeks instead of a few months :/).

• Thumbs Up 1

you never know. They might have included something a little extra that wasn't in the leaked footage after hearing all the response from the leaks. I'm not hoping for too much but I'd rather wait and see than just assume.

They might not be able to show much in the way of new or unseen footage, but they could always come out with something like a tutorial video showcasing some new features or something, right?

They might not be able to show much in the way of new or unseen footage, but they could always come out with something like a tutorial video showcasing some new features or something, right?

Tutorial of new features? Hell yeah! Being told how to do the homing attack would be fucking awesome. [/sarcasm]

All I wants is some good ol' official HD gameplay videos. That's something the leakers have yet to leak. I'm talkin' YouTube 720p.

Tutorial of new features? Hell yeah! Being told how to do the homing attack would be fucking awesome. [/sarcasm]

I meant something more like NSMBWii's videos, showing excellent skill runs or something. Don't know why I used the word tutorial...

I meant something more like NSMBWii's videos, showing excellent skill runs or something. Don't know why I used the word tutorial...

Regardless, it still doesn't sound particularly interesting. I wonder if they might ask for fan input again? Chronicles gave us the chance the rename the Tyxis (though I'm not sure I agreed with them giving priority to a few special websites), Black Knight had the fan art galleries and this game has had numerous promotional events.That would be cool. You know how every so often a drinks company will ask people to vote for a new flavour? That sort of thing could be really cool for S4:

"Who do you want to be the main character in Sonic 4 Episode 2?

1- Shadow

2- Silver

3- Werehog

4- GUN Commander"

Really cool if done right. Or you know, some other way of involving the fans. They need to after the shower of assets we got.

Edited by Blue Blood

I wonder if they might ask for fan input again?

Like when fans demanded to change Sonic's voice, why? Because Ryan sucks at acting. Then they wanted a Shadow game, why? Because Shadow is a total "BADASS". And let's not forget the "WE WANT TOODEE SECTIONZ" festival.

Sonic Team: No sir thank you.

[sarcasm\]

I'm not aganist fans requierments, but most of the fans "requierments" have been done before. No need to look back anymore, Sega needs to focus on what they're doing right now which is going back to what made the earlier games so hot till this day.

• Thumbs Up 2

Like when fans demanded to change Sonic's voice, why? Because Ryan sucks at acting. Then they wanted a Shadow game, why? Because Shadow is a total "BADASS". And let's not forget the "WE WANT TOODEE SECTIONZ" festival.

Sonic Team: No sir thank you.

[sarcasm\]

I'm not aganist fans requierments, but most of the fans "requierments" have been done before. No need to look back anymore, Sega needs to focus on what they're doing right now which is going back to what made the earlier games so hot till this day.

You're completely missing the point. Notice that I cited Chronicles and Black Knight, and not Shadow? Also, the example purposely bad.

EDIT: And there was no fan input in changing Sonic's voice. That was done for continuity between the games and X, and probably because it's cheaper and easier to manage.

Edited by Blue Blood

You're completely missing the point. Notice that I cited Chronicles and Black Knight, and not Shadow? Also, the example purposely bad.

EDIT: And there was no fan input in changing Sonic's voice. That was done for continuity between the games and X, and probably because it's cheaper and easier to manage.

Yes, because i was being sarcastic. And i didn't mean the 4 kids deal, i meant after the Adventures and before heroes people were being mad at Ryan because the "YOU'RE GONNA CRASH AHHH!", so mad that they wished Sega would change him (which they did eventually).

Now, we need to calm down a little bit and disscus what could fans do to make Sonic any better. Now other than re-drawing older enemies (or charachters) what could you do more than that? Naming new badnicks? I don't think that would make the game any better. Yes, it'll be blast to see your badnick"name" in a Sonic game, but what about us? Hell, i don't give a damn about any badnick name, i want Sonic games to be just the way it was back in the day. I want to play the game a million times because it was just run, jump, win. I know everything evolves into something greater, something joyfull. But that wasn't Sonic's case. Sonic needs to have accurate handling, needs to be handled with care. Because speed kills, and that whats happend. I don't remember Sonic ran with the speed of sound in Sonic 1, he just happend to run faster than any of us thats all, no need to make him way too fast. Anyhow i'm going out of topic, so i'll stop here waiting for new info about Sonic 4 which i'm very exited for and hope it'll be the game i've been waiting for, don't know about you guys :P .

So I'm guessing this is what happens when a game is leaked. Boards for the game die for a good 2 days and the main site doesn't get updated anymore...?

Yup. Interesting and discussion generating as the leaks were, we have nothing new to talk about or speculate for all pre-release interest goes to pot.

More website updates please, Sega. Or reveal the iPad version so we can talk about that and my blog can have more content.

SEGA should do another contest like they did before they revealed Sonic 4, I'd like to see them play with fans' feelings like they did with the character elimination. ^_^

Edited by Chaosmaster8753

It's such a ghost town in the Sonic 4 board anymore. I wish Ruby would hurry the hell up and release this big surprise or whatever already. Leaks aside one of the biggest issues I've had with the way Sega have handled the release of Sonic 4 info is the annoying amount of cock teasing.

Bah I wish SEGA would hurry up with this next update what ruby teased us with, I love to know the release date of this game to know how closer we are to getting it =D

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Soz for the double post XD

Sonic 4 Website has ...wait for it...... UPDATED yeah they have added a new section to the Community section called Fan Site Kit and it has one of two downloads I have no idea what it's going to be used for but i'm going to download it anyway file size is 81.8MB

http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.co.uk/en/

Edited by Crash

Thanks for the heads up Crash! Downloaded it and while it's cool, there's nothing new.

Old concept art, old screenshots, old music and old wallpaper.

Thanks for the heads up Crash! Downloaded it and while it's cool, there's nothing new.

Old concept art, old screenshots, old music and old wallpaper.

But that section is new though wasn't there last night so it's worth a mention but that was the only new thing I saw on the whole of the site I would of mentioned if there was other new things but nope there isn't

Edit: These files just contain images of Concept art,screenshots of Splash Hill Zone and Splash Hill Zone Act 1,Act 2 and Act 3 music files

Edited by Crash

But that section is new though wasn't there last night so it's worth a mention but that was the only new thing I saw on the whole of the site I would of mentioned if there was other new things but nope there isn't

Edit: These files just contain images of Concept art,screenshots of Splash Hill Zone and Splash Hill Zone Act 1,Act 2 and Act 3 music files

News'd with credit to you Crash ;)

I know the section of the site is new, I was just saying that nothing in the pack is new :P Still pretty cool of SEGA to make that for fans though :)