Awoo.

Official Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Websites

Indigo Rush

I wonder... is this part of the map:

MP8Lm.jpg

A modern take on this classic setting?

tumblr_luh091fM0Q1qjhlhko1_500.png

I mean, where else does Little Planet always appear?

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm more curious as to what's up with the spotlight effect going on in that first image

MP8Lm.jpg

You can see two spotlight effects behind the uppermost cloud in the foreground, near the edge of the picture. One of the lights is pointing up, and the source of the light could be hidden behind the cloud....but the other is pointing down to the ground, and there's no source in sight. Just a graphical oversight?

Edited by Professor Westwood V

I'm more curious as to what's up with the spotlight effect going on in that first image

You can see two spotlight effects behind the uppermost cloud in the foreground, near the edge of the picture. One of the lights is pointing up, and the source of the light could be hidden behind the cloud....but the other is pointing down to the ground, and there's no source in sight. Just a graphical oversight?

Could be. Or could be a revamped Eggman faced mountain where the chain connecting to Little Planet will be.

Edit: Both maps, side by side:

4enJl.jpg

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

So Eggman can control Little Planet's time travel ability AND surround it with a Death Egg. Thus, a time traveling Death Egg.

I'm not the kind of person who has been epically critical of this game, but I do have something I need to question...

In the story section it says this...

"What was Dr. Eggman searching for in the lost labyrinth?" & "What was Mad Gear built for?"

Now I played Sonic 4 quite a bit, I tried to pay attention to what story there was there as well as outside influences... but at any point... was there a suggestion or any kind of hint that Eggman was looking for something or that Mad Gear actually had a function other than 'random base?'

Or have I missed something painfully obvious?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not the kind of person who has been epically critical of this game, but I do have something I need to question...

In the story section it says this...

"What was Dr. Eggman searching for in the lost labyrinth?" & "What was Mad Gear built for?"

Now I played Sonic 4 quite a bit, I tried to pay attention to what story there was there as well as outside influences... but at any point... was there a suggestion or any kind of hint that Eggman was looking for something or that Mad Gear actually had a function other than 'random base?'

Or have I missed something painfully obvious?

Don't stress yourself, mon, there ain't none. This is a pretty obvious retcon on Sega's part.

Actually, the original Sonic 4 site, from back when episode 1 was brand new, said this:

Eggman began his latest research in the remains of this labyrinth. Mysterious traps including giant boulders, moving walls, and endless waterways deter any curious explorers. If Sonic gets in over his head, make sure to look for air bubbles nearby!

So amazingly, it had originally been described as a place where Eggman was doing some research.

So amazingly, it had originally been described as a place where Eggman was doing some research.

So in order to understand the story, I have to read a random website?

incredible...

Excuse me I'm just putting on this play, you won't understand whats going on but don't worry, theres a website here which explains it all.

• Thumbs Up 3

So in order to understand the story, I have to read a random website?

incredible...

Excuse me I'm just putting on this play, you won't understand whats going on but don't worry, theres a website here which explains it all.

HA! Well, to be fair, back in the Genesis days a lot of the story details were confined to the booklets. I just pretend all these background bits found on the website are the equivalent of the story in the non-existant instruction booklet.

However, I do wish that they included this info in the options section of the game. I remember Episode 1 having a short tutorial slideshow with a quick story bit and character bios.

• Thumbs Up 1

The exact reason why we need cutscenes, a la Sonic 3 + CD

It's almost impossible to have a complex story in a downloadable game where there are no cutscenes.

EDIT: I'm stupid, forgot about the Sonic gets to space with the Tails rocket cutscene

Edited by Nintendoga

I'm still wondering why Eggman needed to build a death factory for "research".

Guess it helps him concentrate.

Doubt anyone gives a shit anymore but here since its been more then a few hours already:

http://www.mediafire...i20z11x2ryxajau

Full site US extraction. Enjoy i guess. Heres the JP site extraction too from the 27th of Feb.

Just PM me if the sites update and i'll be glad to do another site extraction.

Edited by goku262002

Am I the only one not taking the level descriptions seriously?

Eggman doing "research" at Lost Labyrinth doesn't necessarily mean that the research or LL will play a role in the actual plot of S4. Same with Mad Gear being used as a base to build Eggman's machines. It just gives Sonic and Eggman a reason (excuse) for being there.

They are level descriptions after all that are designed to sound compelling and make you want to play the game. Marketing would be pretty bad (although accurate) if it just said:

"Eggman is being a dick in these ruins! Risk your life in the trap-filled labyrinth for no reason!"

Edited by Spooky Mulder
  • Thumbs Up 2

IMO, Episode 1 was a setup so Eggman could collect data on Sonic and upgrade his robots, including Metal Sonic.

Also, why is there only 1 song playable on the website?

Edited by STrainer

Actually, the original Sonic 4 site, from back when episode 1 was brand new, said this:

Adding to that, seeing as there were mine carts and dynamite everywhere it was pretty clear Eggman was mining.

Adding to that, seeing as there were mine carts and dynamite everywhere it was pretty clear Eggman was mining.

See, that's the kind of plot that actually exists. It's based on in-game evidence rather than throwaway lines on tie-in websites.

When the disc release arrives in late 2013 (after the release of episode 3), Sonic Team will add an ancient mural to Lost Labyrinth of Little Planet hovering over Never Lake surrounded by indecipherable writing.

Actually, I would give Archie a thumbs up if they tie episodes 1 and 2 together in their prologue comic. Show the events of episode 1 through Eggman's eyes hinting at his research.

--

Interesting to note too: the description for Sylvania Castle notes that it is located by "the lake". Not "a lake", but a specific lake. Is that Never Lake? Probably.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting to note too: the description for Sylvania Castle notes that it is located by "the lake". Not "a lake", but a specific lake. Is that Never Lake? Probably.

It also says "the deep forest" as if that's a specific one. Looking at the description again, I think it's just poorly-written.

probably written by somebody from one of the other little flags at the top of the page and then Google translated for english speakers. :P

Doubt anyone gives a shit anymore but here since its been more then a few hours already:

http://www.mediafire...i20z11x2ryxajau

Full site US extraction. Enjoy i guess. Heres the JP site extraction too from the 27th of Feb.

Just PM me if the sites update and i'll be glad to do another site extraction.

I went there for Sonic and I got a girlfriend! Advertisement Joke

Edited by Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone managed to remove the clouds obscuring the rest of the map yet?