Awoo.

RUMOR: Mario Playable in Sonic 4

Remy

A iittle birdie told us that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will let you play as Mario in the Wii version. Amazing scenes!

— Nintendo Life (@nintendolife)

February 6, 2010

A iittle birdie told us that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will let you play as Mario in the Wii version. Amazing scenes!
and this coming off the back of sonic in super mario galaxy 2 tweets.

lmao, interesting. slightly unbelievable, but interesting

combined with this,

http://thewiire.com/blog/post/6221-rumor-new-details-on-sonic-4

even more interesting. Red for mario, green for luigi? :0

Would you want Mario to be playable, even if he was?

I wouldn't mind, I just want this to be a fun game. 

I have spoken...

No, because this is supposed to be a recapturing of Sonic's roots, and not a crossover game. It would be completely random to have him there.

• Thumbs Up 1

The onley way i would like to see mario is in a commercial compairing how much faster sonic is than mario on side by side comparisons.

Wait... i have the sneaky suspishion that has allready been done almost 20 years ago....

I so went there. XP

Not in an important cannon installment in this. Yeah I would love for Mario and Sonic to be in a full length narrative adventure together, just reaaaaaaally not this one.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't see how this would work without giving Mario his first ever Wheel 'o' Feet and spinball equivalent.

All they just have to do is have him do that aeroplane run from Super Mario World and tuck himself into a ball and roll. Not that hard.

That said, it's very unlikely. It could well be a joke. Unless Nintendo and Sega worked out a deal of some sort. That would be interesting. If Mario WAS in Sonic 4, it would be win.

We only learned one thing from this....

...Needlemouse must be green! lol

True fact. Seriously guys.. Why would we believe that Mario is gonna be playable in a Sonic game? It's really farfetched. :/

No, because this is supposed to be a recapturing of Sonic's roots, and not a crossover game. It would be completely random to have him there.

That's not necessarily the case. If Nintendo specifically designed those levels around Sonic to take into account his speed, it could revolutionise Sonic in 3D just as Super Mario Galaxy did for Mario. If the rumours are true, Nintendo of all companies would never just tack him on for the sake of it, considering their perchant for gameplay over gimmickery. Until I see something definitive to contradict this report, I'm going to consider it a possibility, as it's about time that Nintendo played a hand-on role in the current Sega-Nintendo relationship. Up until now, Sega seems to have done most of the leg-work with regards to the Olympic Games series, with Nintendo only playing a consultative role.

Edited by b_boult

The part of me that wants Sonic to be a success again says no. Im not saying Mario would drag Sonic down, but if this IS going to be Sonic's return to glory, I'd want it to be just Sonic.

But I DO want a proper Mario and Sonic crossover, and It would be very interesting to see how Mario would play in a Sonic themed level ( The man can run straight up walls in SMW, and hopefully he's come with powerups Sonic can't use ) but that road goes both ways. I will except no less than Needlemouse and NSMBW styled levels on one disc with both characters in an equally important playable role. Let Sonic get this game out, and become Mario's near equal once more first.

Wow. Really?

Mario in Sonic 4?

So these are the kind of jokes that NGamer thinks are funny.

Hhehehehehheheheheehhehhheheheeehee no

I don't see how this would work without giving Mario his first ever Wheel 'o' Feet and spinball equivalent.

In a way, it worked for Amy in Sonic Advance 2.

I'd like to see this but there's like 2% chance of it coming true.

It's on the internet, it MUST be true!

I'd rather the Sonic in Galaxy 2 lie be true honestly. I hope no one seriously thinks either of these "rumors" are true though. Complete BS.

Oh god, that is probably the worst version of Green Hill Zone that I've EVER heard.

Nintendo: Now You're Playing With Your Hearing Aid.

The phrase "Genesis Does" could never mean more to me.

Considering how rabid some classic fans are it'd be as pleasant as inviting Hitler to a Bah Mitzvah.

So yes, I would love to see it happen just to enjoy the "NURDRAEG".

Well, since no one has tried this yet...

post-486-126548498531_thumb.jpg

Well, all I'm saying is that it just doesn't seem right to me for him to be in a main series Sonic game.

It would piss off the fanbase quite a bit

"Why the hell do we have Mario instead of Tails and Knuckles? WHY?! WHY?! WHHHHHHHY?!"