Awoo.

Sonic Cross-over series

LunarEdge

Anyone else here think that Sega should start involving other characters/properties of Sega into Sonic the Hedgehog games and it not be a Tennis/Racing game? Like Sonic and Ecco or Sonic and Super Monkey Ball, Sonic and NightS!! I think there's a lot of possibilities if Sega actually tried to come up with a good story and reason why one character is in another world/universe (Kinda like kingdom hearts one may say).

What Sega properties/series/characters do you think will mix up well with Sonic?

I was thinking that Sonic and the Gunstar Heroes (NO NOT ShTH STYLE!!) could work well together. Eggman is constantly making these big ass fleets and all those robots, seeing massive amounts of enemies on screen and Sonic taking them down along side Red or Blue with his speed and fire power (no not ShTH kinda style) would be awesome. Of course, I think the game should be 2D, since 3D may get to complicated. They also can incorporate all the weapons in the first Gunstar Heroes as well as Sonic's power ups, like Shield, invincibility, speed up and etc. When you press down and jump in Gunstar Heroes, they slide and hurt the enemy... Sonic would spin dash. When you press Jump 2x they kick or punch while approaching the enemy.... Sonic could homing attack (homing attack into shooting would be an awesome combo). Since there's going to be a lot of fire power, they could give Sonic some badass armor or something too, a visor and all the works to go along with the games theme.

The story can be fairly simple too. Eggman is attacking/threatening the Earth again... and the Gunstar Heroes have always been busy with past manners to take action, but knew Sonic was on the job so they trusted him. One day, Eggman comes to a random city (where Gunstar heroes base is located?) and starts a full-out assault with a big robotic army. Sonic takes action but becomes over-whelmed being out numbered thousands to one. When all hope seems lost Red and Blue (and maybe another Sonic character later to make it 4players) step in to lend a helping hand and hand Sonic one of those insane blasting guns. Sonic takes a second to recognize himself with the gun, pulls the trigger by accident and shoots an approaching robot and sees the damage it was done, he gives one of his confident smiles and gets back to back with Red and Blue (and whoever else is involved... remember, I'm aiming at a 4 player game here) and the first level begins.

What other Sega series do you think Sonic will fit well with? Like my story?

Discuss...

I still hope they one day actually make a proper Mario & Sonic crossover platform game with Nintendo.

The DS version of Winter Olympics has been the closest thing we've had so far.

I still hope they one day actually make a proper Mario & Sonic crossover platform game with Nintendo.

The DS version of Winter Olympics has been the closest thing we've had so far.

But aside from Mario and Nintendo, I'm talking simply Sega (and possible Sammy since they do own them now)

The only crossover I see being relatively plausible--and that I actually care to see, for that matter--would be Mario and Sonic in some sort of platforming adventure together. Brawl was a pretty significant step forward in this regard, but not quite there yet. SEGA and Nintendo seem to be closely knit enough to make it a reality, though.

The only crossover I see being relatively plausible--and that I actually care to see, for that matter--would be Mario and Sonic in some sort of platforming adventure together. Brawl was a pretty significant step forward in this regard, but not quite there yet. SEGA and Nintendo seem to be closely knit enough to make it a reality, though.

stop bringing up Nintendo... I said Sega only :(

stop bringing up Nintendo... I said Sega only :(

Meh, I don't know, it always occured to me that the Sega characters outside the Sonic series aren't iconic/charismatic enough, unlike Nintendo characters.

The closest thing to what you're proposing is the Sega Superstars series, where numbers make up for not-so-memorable characters and it appeals to old Sega fans, but I wouldn't have any interest in a "Sonic & Other Sega Character" cross-over.

I might go happy and dandy if Sonic were to team up with Alex Kidd. Alex Kidd needs a reboot because he's been stuck in Sega's closet too long.

Sonic might make a good combination with the Monkey Ball cast since he could roll around. The only problem is spindash physics assuming it semi-exists in the Monkey Ball universe.

Sonic and NiGHTs wouldn't be a good combo because one is wanting high speed adventure and the other is flying around in dreamland. So I don't think it could work unless they add ground and flying levels seperately.

If we were to see Sonic with Space Channel 5's Ulala I might cry a little but it could work out somehow. I just never saw Sonic dance outside AoStH. lol

And I don't think we could fit Sonic in Chu Chu Rocket mostly because they have to clone him or something. D:

Sorry if this goes backwards or something because I was thinking Sonic in other Sega games. lol But if they were all bashed up in one game however it would be going all over the place. XD

I'd rather see Sonic branch out to other, more similar and/or sensible characters and franchises than restrict himself to SEGA characters only. And I believe that's one of SEGA's long-term goals now, seeing how Banjo Kazooie is in ASR as well as their attempts to get Sony characters in, which seemingly failed. I would've liked to see Ratchet & Clank in, really.

Right now, my main want, regardless of anything else, is a Sonic & Klonoa crossover. Klonoa desperately needs the popularity he deserves, or else I'd be looking at another six-year hiatus for him. =/

• Thumbs Up 1

Dragon Ball. Match made in heaven, amirite?

...okay, so the proportions of the characters would make everything look totally ridiculous, but the series have so much in common that a crossover would sort of almost kind of make sense. Super Sonic clearly has his origins in DBZ's Super Saiyan transformations, the Chaos Emeralds and the Dragon Balls share more than a few similarities, Silver and Trunks are basically the same person... Dimps has even developed games for both series! C'mon, who wants to see Vegeta beat up some small animals?

Alright, alright. SEGA characters, you say? Urm... well, Amigo's a pretty good fit for the Sonic aesthetic anyway, so maybe he could make an appearance in a Rush Adventure-like tropical-themed game? Unleashed's QTEs might have been a lot more fun if they were maraca-shaking minigames.

Edited by Octarine

Streets of Rage. I bet people forgot about those old gems. The settings of some of those levels remind me of Sonic levels, for some reason, especially the construction site in SoR 3. Not sure why ._.

And Skate. Rollerblades, but does spin jumps, rolling, and is the fastest character in SoR apart from the ones you're not supposed to get to :P

Edited by Semi-colon e

Gunstar Heroes may be a Sega-associated franchise, but it is a product of Treasure. Ecco is the same deal with Appaloosa. As much as I would also like to see them come together, the time for that is long past.

NiGHTS seems the most viable - after all, it is not like Sonic has never made appearances in Nightopia and vice versa. Any other Sega property would be harder to implement, because the world of Sonic is so much different than the worlds of Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Space Harrier (especially), After Burner, Shinobi, etc. Saying that it ought to happen is probably going too far, for the good of all possible franchises involved. Just look at Nintendo: their franchises can only come together under very particular circumstances for it to work. The closest Sega came was Fighters Megamix.

Gunstar Heroes may be a Sega-associated franchise, but it is a product of Treasure. Ecco is the same deal with Appaloosa. As much as I would also like to see them come together, the time for that is long past.

NiGHTS seems the most viable - after all, it is not like Sonic has never made appearances in Nightopia and vice versa. Any other Sega property would be harder to implement, because the world of Sonic is so much different than the worlds of Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Space Harrier (especially), After Burner, Shinobi, etc. Saying that it ought to happen is probably going too far, for the good of all possible franchises involved. Just look at Nintendo: their franchises can only come together under very particular circumstances for it to work. The closest Sega came was Fighters Megamix.

It's still possible you know, to cross Ecco/GH with Sonic. They just re-released Ecco for SUGC and Gunstar for PSN Sega Vintage. I'm pretty sure they can work up some deal.

It's still possible you know, to cross Ecco/GH with Sonic. They just re-released Ecco for SUGC and Gunstar for PSN Sega Vintage. I'm pretty sure they can work up some deal.

Re-releasing classics is a much different matter than coming up with a whole new game. Conceivably, something could be done, but Sega would not get anywhere without full cooperation from the franchise creators, and everyone involved has to weigh in whether it would be beneficial to restart such a collaboration. Giving permission for emulations or enhanced remakes is much easier than bringing the full relationship back on a crossover game. Besides, it would have to be a franchise with recognized appeal to this day. The general gaming populace hardly noticed Gunstar Heroes when it first came out (their loss), and these days only Sega and Treasure fans are even fully aware of it. Ecco did not prove popular enough to warrant release of the sequel to Defender of the Future. In any case, it is easy to see why the games mentioned continue to be re-released considering that Sega has had the distribution rights from the start.

Sega franchises aren't like those of SNK or (to a much lesser extent) Nintendo. They haven't established that most of their popular franchises are tangentially related in some way that would allot the kind of crossover suggested in the OP to make any sense. The only one that could fit would probably be NiGHTS and Sonic, as said, but even that is a stretch.

Edited by Tornado

Although Mario and Sonic have been in 5 games together, I'm thinking that they could do what they did with Crash and Spyro. Have two games released simulataneously on the DS and have each character in the other's world.

Um... just my two cents into this...

Sonic's already been in Samba De Amigo (Wii). I haven't played the DC version so I don't know about that.

Also Mario Fusion and Sonic Fusion = WANT.

Like Spyro Fusion and Crash Fusion. I have them both. They are awesome. >.>

Sonic's already been in Samba De Amigo.

Yet another Sonic Team franchise. Interesting how that works.

Edited by BaronSFel001

Would AVP count? I wonder what a sonic alien (Sonalien?Sonialien???) would look like...

As a serious response, if retro resurrections were possible, it'd be cool if Sonic was affiliated with Ristar, since they were alike in various ways. I'm liking the other ideas in this thread though, now I'm reminded to go beat SoR on mania...

I'd Love to see a Sonic / NiGHTS cross over :D Even if Sonic was just an unlockable? Supersonic replacing NiGHTS as an unlock bounus?

Would AVP count? I wonder what a sonic alien (Sonalien?Sonialien???) would look like...

As a serious response, if retro resurrections were possible, it'd be cool if Sonic was affiliated with Ristar, since they were alike in various ways. I'm liking the other ideas in this thread though, now I'm reminded to go beat SoR on mania...

You can beat SoR on Mania? I'm impressed. Which one? I only have emus so I can't really unlock it, but I never managed to beat SoR1 on even Hard mode, yet did SoR2 on Hardest.

Anyway, on second thoughts, Sonic and Streets of Rage wouldn't go together that well I suppose. The characters are too different aside from a few abilities. But I dunno. Doubt they'd revive that classic anymore. Especially with extra censoring that is likely to go on now.

Although Mario and Sonic have been in 5 games together, I'm thinking that they could do what they did with Crash and Spyro. Have two games released simulataneously on the DS and have each character in the other's world.

That could work really well, and I've been wanting one of those for a long time. I mean, there would be some small flaws, (how would Mario get around loops?) but it could work.

Anyway, talking about SEGA crossovers, I would love to see Sonic and NiGHTS, and I think it could work if each character was given their own style of gameplay. (Sonic flying? NiGHTS running? No way on Earth that would work.)

Sonic and Monkey Ball I think would work really well, too. Probably the best out of other SEGA franchises.

I'd rather see Sonic branch out to other, more similar and/or sensible characters and franchises than restrict himself to SEGA characters only. And I believe that's one of SEGA's long-term goals now, seeing how Banjo Kazooie is in ASR as well as their attempts to get Sony characters in, which seemingly failed. I would've liked to see Ratchet & Clank in, really.

Right now, my main want, regardless of anything else, is a Sonic & Klonoa crossover. Klonoa desperately needs the popularity he deserves, or else I'd be looking at another six-year hiatus for him. =/

Probably out of all the franchises, I feel Klonoa and Sonic are the most compatible. They both have many similarities and I could easily see them adapted into one universe.

You can beat SoR on Mania? I'm impressed. Which one? I only have emus so I can't really unlock it, but I never managed to beat SoR1 on even Hard mode, yet did SoR2 on Hardest.

Anyway, on second thoughts, Sonic and Streets of Rage wouldn't go together that well I suppose. The characters are too different aside from a few abilities. But I dunno. Doubt they'd revive that classic anymore. Especially with extra censoring that is likely to go on now.

Wow, thanks for inadvertently suggesting that I should improve my proofreading...I meant that I need to try to beat SoR on mania, although, I'm more of a fan of two(definitely two) and three though.

Even though there hasn't been a sequel by Sega, I've been loving the SoRR, and the retro collections... and now on topic: I haven't really been keeping up with recent Sega titles, so I can't really comment on the more probably crossovers.

I would love to see a Sonic/Star Fox crossover for some reason. :| At the same time, I feel like those two will clash like hell.