Awoo.

Sonic Cross-over series

LunarEdge

Wow, thanks for inadvertently suggesting that I should improve my proofreading...I meant that I need to try to beat SoR on mania, although, I'm more of a fan of two(definitely two) and three though.

Even though there hasn't been a sequel by Sega, I've been loving the SoRR, and the retro collections... and now on topic: I haven't really been keeping up with recent Sega titles, so I can't really comment on the more probably crossovers.

I haven't played SoRR.

But yeah, Klonoa to me seems like a Sonic rip-off, though I don't know the first thing about it otherwise ._.

That could work really well, and I've been wanting one of those for a long time. I mean, there would be some small flaws, (how would Mario get around loops?) but it could work.

I'm saying theat Mario's game would have the mechanics of NSMB while Sonic's has the Rush mechanics.

I haven't played SoRR.

But yeah, Klonoa to me seems like a Sonic rip-off, though I don't know the first thing about it otherwise ._.

Saying Klonoa's a rip-off of Sonic is really no different than saying Super Sonic is a rip-off of the Super Saiyans; it makes you look like...well, you know what. No offense. =/

Besides, a lot of us on DA actually like the fact that Klonoa's similar to Sonic....even going as far as to say that people actually like the idea of Super Klonoa. As they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Anyway, I suggest looking Klonoa up. He shares many similarities with Sonic, yes, but he also has some differences of his own, such as his gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

Saying Klonoa's a rip-off of Sonic is really no different than saying Super Sonic is a rip-off of the Super Saiyans; it makes you look like...well, you know what. No offense. =/

Besides, a lot of us on DA actually like the fact that Klonoa's similar to Sonic....even going as far as to say that people actually like the idea of Super Klonoa. As they say, "one man's trash is another man's treasure."

Anyway, I suggest looking Klonoa up. He shares many similarities with Sonic, yes, but he also has some differences of his own, such as his gameplay.

As I said, I know nothing about the series, don't be so defensive.

I am going to have to agree with those who said that there aren't many Sega characters with enough appeal to fuel any sort of crossover related desire. If I had to pick one, I'd say Ristar, considering his face made me actually mistake him for a Sonic character as a kid. Also I always thought that if the way the Werehog played was tweaked just a bit, it would make for an awesome Ristar game. Some small changes, and we'd have something very reminiscent of our stretchy grabby star faced hero.

Although Mario and Sonic have been in 5 games together, I'm thinking that they could do what they did with Crash and Spyro. Have two games released simulataneously on the DS and have each character in the other's world.

This is what I want most, and have for some time. But I was thinking about Sonic 4, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and the "Lock on" thread in the "Upcoming Games" board, and the fact that Sonic & Knuckles on VC will supposedly come with Lock on... and rather than a DS title, I think a Wiiware title would be awesome. Two Wiiware titles. When you own both, you can play as Mario in his own world first, and then move on to Sonic's world, or the other way, Sonic in his world first, then move onto Marios. Beating the locked on game unlocks the true "final level"

I also envision only Mario being able to use Mario series powerups, and only Sonic being able to use Sonic series powerups ( obviously they get to take them with them on their trip to each other's worlds ). Some may think that's bogus, but I think Raccoon Sonic would be pretty lame.

Other than that though I can't think of any games I want to see Sonic crossover with. Sure there are tons and tons of games that it would be fun to play as Sonic in ( oh boy would it be fun. 2D games, 3D games, just imagine it. Sonic running around in Hyrule field, or spindashing through a row of soldiers in Shadow Moses faster than you can say "What was that noise?" ) But there are few who could acually be just as fun to play as in his place. ( or rather, Im still in the mindset of the switching worlds thing. Lemme try again. )

Good matches are hard to think of, when it comes to crossovers. The more unique a series is, the harder it is to find a good match. Aside from Mario, the only games I can see Sonic paired with, is Kirby, Ristar, Megaman, and... Rocket Knights? ( Never played it for more than a few minutes, but THAT seems like a good match) .Im no fan of Klonoa, and I definitely don't think it's a perfect match, but it's definitely a good match.

Anyone who followed me on DA knows about my knowledge of iconic game characters, so Im suprising myself at how little I can actually come up with.

Yes, I think there should be a cross over, but it is determined by whom you are talking about.

If it is Sonic and his furry gang, then Klonoa is the best bet for them since they seem to fit in with looks and attitude. Nobody would look out of place in that franchise. Frankly, I do not know much about the Klonoa franchise as a whole, but what I have seen seems to support this.

If it is Dr. Robotnik, then nothing less than Mario should be his temporary or mutual stomping grounds. Robotnik needless to say doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in that franchise (with the exception of Vector who appears to look like a Kremling) with his bombast attitude and cartoonish looks. As a Mario fan, who over the course of my whole life following the series, I think this is incentive enough. Mario doesn't have enough mad scientists to par or become friends with per se

(Fawful is assumed to be defeated with the third inclusion of Mario and Luigi,

E. Gadd is just portrayed as a helper and flirts in and out with the series, and some of the other ones such as Lord Crump of the X-Naut gang (more of a mad mechanic) have been discarded; by the way, Waluigi is the closest that comes to his category, having mechanical implications shown in certain games, but tends to bend towards the botanical and occult in others. Wario seems to run into and have associations with a lot of scientists in his own series, however.)

Plus you know they will sneak his retro outfit and that darling little yellow cape into the games again; Mario games tend to do that, re-visit things for nostalgia's sake.