Awoo.

Sonic 4: Your Ideal Platform

E.J. The DJ

PC has not been confirmed (and probably won't be)

lol that's what they're saying. There are decent Gamecube/Wii emulators.

Edited by Blue Blood

I'll be getting it on the Wii. I generally fail to see why people complain about the motion controls, and on the off chance this is different, most games do offer alternatives. May get it on the PS3 later if it's not too expensive and the graphics seem to be worth it, but I don't use that for much other than a Blu-ray player.

PC has not been confirmed (and probably won't be)

Officially. :)

As for me, I'mma get it for my PSTriple. I love that black beast, yo, although I have no modern Sonic games for it. Not that I want to touch Sonic 06 at all, I might grab a copy of Unleashed somewhere down the line (already have it for 360, but meh, I don't play it that much - it's Roareye's console anyway).

I prefer Wii games overall, and on a tight budget, this means that unless it comes to PC it is my only option. I'm okay with getting short end of the stick with multiplatform games so long as I have a shot at some of the more quirky Wii games. ("de Blob" is awesome, and I so need to buy "Let's Tap")

I'm not seeing any potential flaws that would break the Wii version unless they go for some really inane motion controls without offering an alternative. Personally, I'm hoping that they'd be implemented like "Wario Land: Shake It!!", which seemed to be a decent balance (at least from what I've heard). Just looking at Sonic 3K, I can see motion controls fitting in nicely with the launch base pulley, the seesaw thing from Mushroom Hill, being used to spin up and catch rings in the chain in Hydrocity, those annoying swings in MHZ, et cetera.

Of course, its more than likely it'll boil down to shake=homing-attack... which has worked rather well for every Wii Sonic game that featured it. I don't necessarily see it being helpful enough for homing attack to be mapped to a gesture though.

For all the people who said they wont bother with the Wii: http://www.japanvideogames.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=wii-898455678550 That might change your mind.

I uhm...

Hey.

That's actually pretty cool! The only problem is that there's a part with the motion controls...

Otherwise, I'd be using a Genesis controller on that.

Plus, I don't even own a game console right now. ;_;

The only problem is that there's a part with the motion controls...

Now that I think about it, if SEGA are smart, they'll make it optional. Or at least just replace it with a button like they did for Classic and GCN controller on Unleashed.

As for the console I'll be getting it on... I really dunno yet. To be honest I might go for the PS3 version. It'll have both the motion of Wii and the HD of 360. Solid logic really.

Of course I gotta get it on my 360 and my iPhone (since I'd like to have the whole Sonic quadrillogy on the go (Sonic 2, and S3K thanks to jailbreaking) :P).

I also wish it would be on the pc so I can has level and model rip mania, and ultimate haxxorz. Plus, that'd allow me to use whatever controler I want (YES DREAMCAST OR GENESIS).

PS3 is the choise for me because of the perfect D-Pad for 2D games.

Edited by Michael Myers

I've never played a Sonic game for the PC, but I think it would actually be fun to play one on it! I'm not so sure if they plain on releasing it there, but it would be cool none-the-less.

As long as they actually make it controller compatible (I don't recall any such option on SA:DX, Heroes or Riders demos I played) I'd be more than up for some PC Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

SADX, Heroes, Riders and Bill Hatcher all have controller options. Granted, controllers break the SADX camera (it spins endlessly) the option is there.

Guest Jordan4K6

I own a Wii and Xbox 360. (But I plan on getting a PS3 for my birthday in may)

If I get a PS3 then ill get it on that but if not, Ill get it on my 360.

Due to my hatred of tacked-on motion controls and the fact that I don't own a PS3, I will probably get the 360 version for a clearer experience on my HDTV.

However, I have a PC with overkill hardware specs so if a PC version shows up as a surprise later on I may strongly consider picking up that version instead.

(Really, why even include motion controls at all, especially when the 360 version appears to be perfectly playable without them?)

• Thumbs Up 1

PS3, most likely:

The Wii has motion controls which could be good, but then again it's probably not going to look as good as the other versions and I'm running out of space for my WiiWare/VC games.

The 360 version is HD and it would give me an excuse to play my 360 again, but then again the 360's D-Pad is retarded and I don't have one of those Street Fighter controllers everyone keeps telling me to buy.

The PS3 version is HD and it has motion controls and a not-so-shitty D-Pad, so that makes it the best choice for me.

The only way I see myself going with the 360 version is if either the motion controls suck and aren't optional or the PS3 version gets the short end of the stick like a lot of multiplatform titles.

I have a Wii and a PS3. Considering how the PS3 controller is my favorite controller for 2D games, my choice is obvious. Not only that, but I want the best graphics I can get for my copy of the game.

Definitely the PS3. Those astonishing gorgeous graphics with the second best controller to play it with (other than Genesis :P) makes this decision a no brainer. I just wished they released Sonic 1-3 & Knuckles as downloadables for the PS3....

Eh, it'd have to be the Wii, 'cause my 360 doesn't have Live service since the receiver died....=/

But hey, I don't mind. I'd gladly take playing with a more classic-styled controller with some unique motion gimmicks over HD any day (considering I usually can't tell much of a discernible difference anyway....lol)

• The title was changed to Sonic 4: Your Ideal Platform