Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2010 Dated

Dreadknux

Just in case you don't go to TSS or something. :P

http://sonicstadium.org/news/summer-of-sonic-2010-date-revealed

The world’s Sonic the Hedgehog fan convention, Summer of Sonic, will take place on the 7th August 2010, we can announce today. Further details such as venue, guests and events have yet to be determined. Entry may be charged this year, in order to cover costs.

Summer of Sonic has come in leaps and bounds since its introduction as a real-life convention in 2008. Organised by fans for the fans, and headed by Kevin Eva (ArchAngelUK) of Sonic Wrecks/Sega Europe and myself, it has proven to be the annual go-to event for Sonic lovers around the world.

Past guests include musician Richard Jacques, singer TJ Davis, remixer and artist Bentley Jones, Nigel Kitching and Nigel Dobbyn from Fleetway’s Sonic the Comic and Steve Lycett (S0L) of Sumo Digital. The event has played host to events such as Guinness World Records challenges and exclusive sneak previews of Sonic Chronicles and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing.

Over 400 people turned up to East London’s Brick Lane to hit the Summer of Sonic 2009, situated at Truman Brewery’s Boiler House. A similar number is expected for 2010, with Sonic fans around the world coming together in London for another day of Super Sonic activity.

With the costs of Summer of Sonic 2009 exceeding expectations, it is being decided whether to charge a small fee for entry to this year’s event. We hope you’ll be supportive of this move, should we go ahead with it, as it will allow us to bring you even more unexpected surprises. There are many things in the pipeline for 2010 – you won’t be disappointed.

Further details – as well as an official SoS 2010 website – to come soon. In the meantime – start booking that date off of work, guys!

• Thumbs Up 1

With the costs of Summer of Sonic 2009 exceeding expectations, it is being decided whether to charge a small fee for entry to this year’s event. We hope you’ll be supportive of this move, should we go ahead with it, as it will allow us to bring you even more unexpected surprises.

Twelvety pounds and twelvety pence!

Owww definately looking forward to this. And I shall be there, in my dapper Sonic tie that I got from Japan, and this time I shall make sure I've not cut my feet so I can stand up for a period of longer than one hour! HAAHAR!

Can I do the quiz again?

This is officially great news! :D

The date is earlier than I expected it to be, but that's not a problem!

I shall be keeping an eye out for all the latest SoS news and will hopefully see you all there!

I'm really looking forward to this. I plan on being there myself because this looks like an incredible event too big to pass up. However, how many days does it go on for?

I hear everything's more expensive on that side of the world. ._.

Planning early, hey? Never a bad move.

Would be happy to attend again, and show my support. The day is always fun, and it's nice to meet up with the guys here. Perhaps this time I won't accidentally create a band of people travelling in search for a pub that doesn't suck at the end of the night only to find us settling right next door to the venue we began in...

That sucked.

Also, any ideas on stage acts? I'd be happy to give some demonstrations for pixelart over the sonic generations, the evolution, and the standard acts of new spriters? Perhaps a good way of introducing people.

Excellent stuff, plenty of time to make the fursuits I've got planned. Yes, the plural was intended... ;3

In a way the early start is nicer, as it's closer to my birthday. A shame it misses the moving in date for my new house at uni, but what's £50 for a hotel room when the day will be so epic. :)

Edit: To be fair I am surprised the event was free till now. When you consider how big, say, MCM is and they charge £12 for you to get in, it always amazed me how something with so much less sponsoring and help could run for free. I'd be happy to pay any entrance fee imposed.

Edited by Nemain

Would be happy to attend again, and show my support. The day is always fun, and it's nice to meet up with the guys here. Perhaps this time I won't accidentally create a band of people travelling in search for a pub that doesn't suck at the end of the night only to find us settling right next door to the venue we began in...

That sucked.

Oh we still had fun :P

If I need to pay to get in this year, fair enough. It would be worth it becasue you can get better & more stuff with more money. Definately going and I will probably stay up in London this time so I can enjoy the whole night instead of running of to catch a train.

Already been planning, all I need is the venue and I'm on my way, it seems.

I'm assuming it's still in London?

To be honest, I'm fine with an entry fee.

Edited by Mr. Needlemark

I wish I could go, but I'm over in the other hemisphere. XD

And I'm broke.

Dx

Well, have fun gais!

Yes, I'm so excited! I will note that date in the diary. An entrance fee will be fine for me as it is most definately worth it. Yay!

Oh we still had fun :P

Oh don't believe I meant the night sucked, but rather the failure of our attempts to seem genius.

Ho-hum! It would be cool to chill again!

Ruh-heeeeally hope I can make it this year. First year wasn't convenient and last year something came up at the last minute, bah.

I'll be there. It's also 4 days before my 24th birthday, wooo!

As I said on the TSS article, when it comes to payment I'll probably put down two payments of £10, even if the entry fee happens to be smaller.

I'll be there. It's also 4 days before my 24th birthday, wooo!

As I said on the TSS article, when it comes to payment I'll probably put down two payments of £10, even if the entry fee happens to be smaller.

I'm 24 on the 2nd. Joint "we're old lol wtf" party? :P

While I think about it, may as well see if anyone else is hotelling it up and we can all figure out room sharing or whatever between us if there's a few of us that know each other. Brings costs down for sure.

YES! I can definitely go this year! X3 I'm so glad it's an early date this time, because last year we were on holidays during SOS. Our holidays are now in late August so...YEEEEY~

*dances*

Oh, I will be taking my BF with me too. For protection. ;D And a payment is fine. It will still be worth it!

Edited by Ita-Chan

Hm, Summer of Sonic, eh? Depends on what my situation is, dunno what I'll be working or anything after uni ends in June so it's all up in the air for me.

Hm, SoS10, eh?

I might be able to go, I had a blast last year! Though I didn't really talk to anyone... I will next time though, I promise! -is shy- XP

Hopefully it won't be at the Truman Brewery again or in the center of London. If it is, I won't be allowed to go, as traffic was horrendous last year and so Mum and Dad won't drive us.

Still, even Dad enjoyed himself and he really liked BJ. (He wanted to get Trans//lation as well, and recorded most of his songs~ But sadly, we didn't have much money with us. ;.; )

Oh and delicious awesome cake was deliciously awesome.

Hmm, if there's cake this year, can I be suffienctly warned before people start to eat it so I can have some? I was in the queue for ASR when it got handed out, and never got to try any :(

Hmm, if there's cake this year, can I be suffienctly warned before people start to eat it so I can have some? I was in the queue for ASR when it got handed out, and never got to try any :(

Sadly there is only so much cake, I didn't get any cake I know that (neither did any of the security staff I think, I had them under reign!)

We need a much bigger cake.... and hence a much bigger oven.

Or more than one cake :D I propose 7! They could be the Chaos Cakes, each one a different flavour!

I'm definitely going to try and go this year. I have to see what the family has planned at as far as summer vacation goes, etc, but I should be able to get time off from work to go anyway. I certainly don't have a problem with a small entrance fee myself. If I go, it would be part of a week long trip in London.

I've been told I should come but I won't until I get a job I must admit. Students have no money ):

Anyways, I want to chip in my own opinion on the entry fee. It's an excellent idea as if you do go over the expected you can splash out a little the next year. Or reduce it the next year take your pick , so all's a bonus =D

Edited by DarkOverord