Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2010 Dated

Dreadknux

@DO: Agreed, though if it went over this year I would think the staff deserved to use some to treat themselves after - It's effectively a day at work unpaid!

Also, meh. Just seen a summer placement I should really, really, REALLY go for, and I'll more than likely get it with my marks... But it's likely to clash with SoS, as it's 6 weeks on call and I'll probably be in Bristol because very few applicants will be from the south west. Don't find out till May either. Gonna have to play this one by ear...

Edited by Nemain

I'll be there!

I'm not sure who I'll be bringing this year.

I would happily pay an entrance fee and no doubt donate more funds as these events don't pay for themselves.

From last year:

We Want Crush 40!!

See you all there for this, my third Summer of Sonic :)

Wish I could be there, but I dont have the time or money to fly halfway around the world....however....I have some ideas of how to be there through technology....who's in charge of the tech there?

Sadly there is only so much cake, I didn't get any cake I know that (neither did any of the security staff I think, I had them under reign!)

We need a much bigger cake.... and hence a much bigger oven.

I'll bring a cake for the security staff. It won't be sonic based, but fuck, cake is cake.

And you guys treat me well <3

Why???

Because Darkspeeds has flown from Australia to the UK for 2 years in a row for SoS and I believe this year he wants to make it a group trip if ye got the mola.

Because Darkspeeds has flown from Australia to the UK for 2 years in a row for SoS and I believe this year he wants to make it a group trip if ye got the mola.

Yeah I'd love to go on a group trip but I'm only 15 and I don't think I could ever afford it :(

I'm gonna echo what foreversonic said, namely:

I would happily...donate more funds as these events don't pay for themselves.
Edited by Gavvie

I'm very happy to say i'll be coming for the third year in a row :) This time i'll be coming down on the Friday (that way there's 2 parties :D) for a longer fun time! I will try not to hum the Mario theme tune on the stage this time...

I'm more than happy to pay for the record :D

Well, I tried to get a ticket for last year but was JUST too late for it =/

I'll happily pay for the entry though, because it definately sounds worth it. Not sure how I'm going to be able to afford travel, ticket, buying stuff there, and maybe staying in a hotel, but I guess I'll just have to start saving early :P

I gotta try and see if I can book it off this year, I wanna see you guys, thing is august 7th is within the summer holidays when kids break up and during that period, our pub kinda gets busier and Usually I end up with loads of shifts. Im gonna try and see if I can at least get 3 days off work to travel to london, Go to SOS and then come home on day 3. 3 Days shouldnt be too much hassle for my boss.

Yeah I'd love to go on a group trip but I'm only 15 and I don't think I could ever afford it :(

*Darkspeeds - from an incredibly friendly dude - turns into the Incredible Hulk.... DUN dun DUN dun DUN DUN! DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN!!!!*

*drinks happy juice*

Woah! What happened there Josh and Kev?? I had this weird dream that my head just blew up after hearing that people can't attend SOS cuz of distance and money.... Oh right.

Anyways! :)Not to worry Kosmos, you'll get to Summer of Sonic one day. Just be patient and start saving up like I did. By the time you're old enough and more importantly confident enough to travel by yourself (or with friends/family) then it's your turn to shine.

This tip same goes to everyone else who are too young to travel at this stage. Your best bet is to follow the aftermath of the event and appreciate for what it is (i.e. check out the photos, videos and blogs). You can make it more of a rewarding experience by saving your money big time when the time is right for travel. *thumbs up*

Also, your best weapon is planning. You'll probably save a fortune booking your flight tickets, travel insurance, accomodation in advance. Try at least 8-10 months before the next SOS.

Your other weapon to satisfy your cravin' for events like these is to start one - Sydney/Melbourne has loads of them from year to year (i.e. anime expos/sci-fi/comic conventions). If you gather a group of friends and pay for a booth you can start your own mini Sonic party in the convention. Neat huh? ;)

Be sure to contact SEGA International (or SEGA Europe) for terms and conditions - you got Kev for that - to double check what you can and what you cannot do if you were to host something bigger than just the booth itself at a convention. Hope that helps mate, have faith!

Lousy timing for me and MK this year but hopefully can still make it x.x

We WILL make it this year, I say! ;)

I am determined to make it happen, if only so my Sonic Relief t-shirt doesn't go to waste :lol:

Can you guys also do something like how Summer Of Sonic 2006 was? Like have also an online collaboration?

I was planning on going last year, Signed up and everything. But due to problems up here I never went.. And I upset a big lot of people!

But for everyones information. This ickle eevee is coming this year :) I know this is going to make Helen, and some people very happy haha. I hope I meet some new faces too! I've been told by some people going i've got to slap Darkspeeds? :D Hahaha, can't wait for this!

INSANELY looking forward to this, and I'm more than happy to pay for entry or even donate. :D

I like the idea of getting a group of us to travel there, I seem to be the only remaining Sonic fan within my group of friends. XD

I might tag along, it sounds fun! I also have a friend who'd love to come with me... I'm guessing that's the idea, right? The more people turn up, the more money you'll raise?

• 3 weeks later...

Really can't wait, and totally in support of payment/fees.

First one was an amazing experience, even though I didn't actually know anyone. Second one was a blast too, and I got to hang around with cool people all day ;) For the third one, I know a bunch of Sonic fans on my games design course who really want to come along, so I'll be dragging them down with me no matter what.

Need a hotel for myself this year though, two overnight coaches were a killer!

Gotta plan to come in cosplay for this too. Only one other fat character I can think of! ;)

Gotta plan to come in cosplay for this too. Only one other fat character I can think of! ;)

OH GOOD GOD NO.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Really can't wait, and totally in support of payment/fees.

First one was an amazing experience, even though I didn't actually know anyone. Second one was a blast too, and I got to hang around with cool people all day ;) For the third one, I know a bunch of Sonic fans on my games design course who really want to come along, so I'll be dragging them down with me no matter what.

Need a hotel for myself this year though, two overnight coaches were a killer!

Eggman Nega? :lol: If it's Big the Cat then that'll be awesome :D

What's the matter? Don't wanna help me find Froggy? ;)

EPIC! xD

It'd be good to see more cosplayers this year. Perhaps those definitely going might be interested in performing a few skits for a laugh with me and my cosplay group? Once I've got my placement details and hotel arrangements finalised I can confirm or deny my groups attendance, but the placement is looking to be more towards June/July than August so things are looking up!

Edited by Nemain