Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2010 Dated

Dreadknux

Hope this doesn't sound like snooping[as], but AAUK's (SonicWrecks') Twitter says something about all the SoS Staff meeting somewhere tomorrow...the venue announcement should be pretty close I hope! :D

(Presuming it's the same SoS I'm thinking of...)

Nah, we're just gonna be hanging out in London to get free comics (FCBD) and hang out at the Trocadero (;

Stay tuned.

Nah, we're just gonna be hanging out in London to get free comics (FCBD) and hang out at the Trocadero (;

Stay tuned.

Iknownothing-1.jpg

Can I have a free comic?

Edited by Casanova

*peels back eyelids and staples them to face in a horrific manner while keeping a close eye on this space*

My "new SoS info coming soon" sense is tingling...

*waits patiently impatiently for the news*

So I can a message from [edit] who is currently going for a look around... and then I sent them a message back saying "Tell them all I said hi" so a few moments later I got a voicemail... only it was all scrambled up and I couldn't quite make it out but I'm sure I heard something along the lines of "going to bed" and "slipping in between...."

So either SOS is going to be held in a back-alley massage parlor or someone from the SOS staff is sending me the sex.... either way "WOO!"

P.S. I know... nothing! *wink wink*

Can someone give me a ride to SoS?

Looks good(So far).I've never been to SoS before,hoping to go to this year's one.

• Thumbs Up 1

Question, is it known when registration will start yet? I'm in the process of arranging my UK trip for August and need to book my air ticket early before the flights get full and was planning to attend SoS during the trip. I assume the date is still set for August 7th, correct? The reason I ask, is so that I make sure I come on the right week and not be surprised of any date changes and end up missing the event.

Question, is it known when registration will start yet? I'm in the process of arranging my UK trip for August and need to book my air ticket early before the flights get full and was planning to attend SoS during the trip. I assume the date is still set for August 7th, correct? The reason I ask, is so that I make sure I come on the right week and not be surprised of any date changes and end up missing the event.

The 7th I beleive is set in stone. It is now WAY too late for us to change the date.

As for registration, we've gotta a couple of stuff to iron out first, to hopefully make it easier for you guys this year, but we are looking to roll it out as soon as we possibly can.

I was really dissapointed that I missed it last year, so i'm gonna prepare for a world trip. Besides, it'll be awsome to see the other side of the world.

For anyone who hasn't noticed, the SoS website has been updated with the new logo (I presume) and I message saying "Official 2010 Website Coming Soon...".

Unless you want to take a look at the logo, there's not much else to see yet. There'll be updates pretty soon though, I'm sure. :D

Its not the new logo. The logo is the same as the previous one with 09 changed to 10.

It is? Must be my memory going fuzzy again then. huh.gif

Still, I'm sure if anyone wants to see the shiny new '10' then they won't have any problems, eh? :P

Edited by Sinister Switzerland

You misunderstand - the logo will be the same as before.

I meant people can look at the new '2010' part of it if the really wanted to, not the whole logo because as you said, that's not new...unsure.gif

Clarification - the logo that's currently on the 'coming soon' page is a placeholder only. AAUK was referring to the final logo, which will be exactly the same as the one before but with a different number.

Got it, thanks for clearing that up Dread.

If I've been this easily confused about the logo, I hope I can find my way to the actual venue...:lol:

I got confused about that as well, was delightfully corrected by AAUK..erm..yesterday, I think it was. Or was it Thursday...

I'm thinking about going to SoS 2010 but not quite sure depends how far the venue will be and how much money it will be just to get down there lol :) and if i'm not really doing anything around that time

Speaking of which, advance train tickets will start being issued pretty soon. Unless I'm mistaken:

• If you're getting in the day before, it opens next Friday (14th)
  • If you're going on the day, it's the Friday after that (21st)

The venue, as mentioned earlier, will be in Central London. Assuming it's where I think it's going to be >_> travel time from King's Cross will be *actually checks instead of guesstimating* 20 minutes on Tube followed by a 5-8 minute walk. Tube pricing each way would be between £1.80 and £2.30 depending on your travel times using Oyster, or £4 without.

Thanks for the heads up bmn, I think I'll wait until the actual venue's announced so I can book my train and hotel all in one sitting. I'm sure that'll be before the 21st though from what I've heard.

Is anyone out there planning on getting in a day or so early? I'd imagine people coming from abroad would...could plan an SSMB day out. :lol:

Update, advance train tickets on the East Coast are now available for every day up to Sunday 8th.

I can't state this enough - if you're coming to SoS by train from the north and aren't a financial masochist, order at the very first opportunity. The ticket prices rise very quickly, and you can easily find yourself paying the best part of £100 if you leave it a week or two.

Regarding getting in on Friday, I'm sure some people will take the opportunity to do so.

reeeally looking forward to this!

Also, I thought I'd take this oppurtunity to mention this for the first time on here ; after the last SOS there was much chat of an informal meet-up at some point before the next SOS. Because waiting a whole year before seeing everyone again is just too much! It was one of those situations where nothing could be decided. After much thought I decided 'screw it' and decided I would just name a time and a place myself, make a little Facebook group about it, and go from there. If worst came to worse and no one showed up it would be no harm no foul (although thankfully that wasn't the case!) Those of you on my Facebook will already be aware of this, but for the rest of you here's a link : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=107060975984482 Please join =D

I should have posted this information here earlier but I didn't know where to start, hehe.

We've had one meet-up so far, it was just a little group of about 10 people (including Syaming-li, who won the art contest at SOS 09, and ShimmyShammy, a familiar face at SOS) and are planning another one for the 30th of this month. Its going to take place at Ye Olde London, which is a pub near St Paul's Cathedral. More details here. All Sonic fans are welcome, especially those who attend SOS =D

Edited by HelenBaby