Awoo.

Summer of Sonic 2010 Dated

Dreadknux

Sigh... wish I could go (To the meet above). Bit short a notice for me. Would like a nice day out.

Theres no Sonic community in Hull.... but if there was, it would involve shouting... and darts!

Sigh... wish I could go (To the meet above). Bit short a notice for me. Would like a nice day out.

Ah well ; it won't be the last! Next time I'll try giving you more warning Cas, hehe. The meet after the upcoming one will take place soon after SOS, although not tooo soon... as I don't know about anyone else but my bank balance is gonna take a while to recover =D

Theres no Sonic community in Hull.... but if there was, it would involve shouting... and darts!

Maybe you should consider setting one up then ;)

Edited by HelenBaby

I can't find the Event on Facebook, but unfortunately I won't be able to make the 30th London event. :( I'm going to a family meal - Granddad's 80th birthday. If I could clone myself, I would. I miss these sort of chilled out meetups. I remember when AAUK, T-Bird, me and plenty others would regularly meet up every 6 months before SoS was born. I'm glad there are people who went to SoS that are compelled to do the same. And hanging out in pubs too! Good choice, lol! :)

Next time, people, next time. I'm well up for a Sonic-based laugh.

As for SoS10, we should hopefully have something very nice to announce soooooooon...

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoo, now I've finished Uni I have more time to come round here again :)

Something to announce, eh? Wouldn't have something to with the Sonic 4 announcement would it? I have my theories!

Decided not to attempt cosplaying this year, partly because I don't want to scare anyone, and also partly because it would be nice to come to one 'normal' - last year was semi-normal for me, hah.

Will anyone be doing group bookings for hotels? No evil overnight coaches this time, if anyone wants to share a room or something, I would be very interested! Can't wait for summer ^^

Group booking would be a great idea, as I imagine a good few of us would benefit from it. Plus we could all travel from the venue (wherever that may be, hint hint) or from a pub or wherever we end up, as a group. :)

There was talk off us all getting the same hotel at the after party. I'm on board for that, would be nice to have something to do on the Friday night before the event.

Whilst... "I know nothing" about what might be the venue.

I've already picked my hotel for the night before and after the after party. It's the Kings Cross one (the cheaper one). I know that a couple of people typically stay in that one before SOS, well at least they have done for the last 2, is anyone staying there this time?

Oh yes, about hotels...

Me and my boyfriend are going to London at half term and we're staying in a Travelodge at Tower Bridge. We would rather stay somewhere cheaper though for SoS because we're only staying for a night, but we don't want to go to any hostels either (they scare me D:).

What's King's Cross like? Or are there any other cheapy places?

What's King's Cross like? Or are there any other cheapy places?

Kings Cross is cheap, Friday night is still a cheap price, but it really does increase if you plan on staying Saturday too. Kings Cross is really really good value for what you get. I've really enjoyed it, with the exception of 1 thing.

The food is quite poor. The evening meals are not bad, but the breakfasts are foul, it's a buffett, but it's cooked for the masses and it's not very nice.

Kings Cross is cheap, Friday night is still a cheap price, but it really does increase if you plan on staying Saturday too. Kings Cross is really really good value for what you get. I've really enjoyed it, with the exception of 1 thing.

The food is quite poor. The evening meals are not bad, but the breakfasts are foul, it's a buffett, but it's cooked for the masses and it's not very nice.

I agree about buffet breakfast food. From experience, the food isn't good at all. I was going to suggest looking into a bed and breakfast since they're usually not expensive, and the food is pretty good. I stayed at one last year and absolutely loved it and would gladly go back again.

Ah yes, B&B's are a good and cheap option too. I just hope I can find a good one somewhere. ^ ^;

I'm not really comfortable staying in anywhere but my own bed, even on holiday at hotels I can't really get comfortable apart from at Alton Towers for the Spinball launch as that bed was heaven :lol: So anyway, I'll be doing what I did last year and just get there on the day as early as possible before opening to get set up for my job there and then leave sometime after closing to get back for a decent time of the night. I can't afford hotels, B&B's or anything like that in my current financial situation anyway.

Can't wait for the event now, just about 2 and a half months to go :D

Man, just hope i get to go this year. I mean i never got to go (Due to my family's plans, such as registering to italy witch is nothing to hide now ) and now all those plans (Except the less important ones) are done, i find no reason why not to go this year :|

Maybe my theory was wrong, time will tell, heh.

Might be coming in cosplay after all. Currently putting something together, we shall see!

You guys have probably worked out what you're going to be doing for this year, but I had a few ideas. Will you guys be doing gaming tournaments again? Include SaSASR pleaassseee :D

Also, I think it would be really cool to have a corner in the room somewhere with a TV set up like a mini-cinema with some old SatAM or AoSTH episodes playing.

Although I get the feeling this year is going to be way more awesome than anything before anyway ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, I think it would be really cool to have a corner in the room somewhere with a TV set up like a mini-cinema with some old SatAM or AoSTH episodes playing.

I have brought up such an idea previously for SoS, but there are huge licensing problems involved (I'm sure you've all seen the "For personal home viewing only" messages on pretty much any video/DVD). We can't show stuff to a large audience without a license, and although it's feasibly possible that we could obtain one, our forces of evil good are better spent in other areas.

The other problem with such a set-up is that it would have to be completely sectioned off so that it didn't interfere with the stage and vice-versa. In an ideal world, I'd have a completely separate 'cinema' room that showed AoStH/SatAM/SU/OVA all day long that people could walk in and out of as they pleased, but such a set-up really only works with enormous conventions. Right now we'd rather keep you all active and integrated in the day's events than risk having half the convention huddled around a TV all day when you can do that at home (;

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah yeah, licensing, didn't think of that :D

You're right though, shouldn't waste money on stuff like that. I guess gaming is better anyway, more interactive!

Very soon. Sorry about the wait.

Flyboy Fox's back garden.

Am I close?

Edited by Gnasher