Awoo.

What is Sonic the Hedgehog 4?

BlazingTales

To make a game Sonic 4, for me...it just has to be called Sonic 4. I don't mind if it's nothing like the classics, nor do I even mind if it plays like Sonic Rush 3. Hell, I've been waiting for a Sonic Rush 3 for a good long time, if this is it then I wouldn't mind.

This is just another Sonic game, in my opinion. The name is not affecting my hype.

This guy needs a medal.

800px-Sonic4shz.PNG

1994 isn't the first place MY brain goes on seeing this. And I would be very surprised if that's the first place anyone's brain goes, given, y'know, the 2.5D and the fact that something like Unleashed's model has just been cut/pasted in there.

This looks like a cute Sonic Rush 3, but it does not look anything like a Sonic 4. :angry:

It's similar enough to the MegaDrive titles to be a continuation of the series, but different enough to be classified as a sequel. I fail to understand how that can possibly annoy you.

Additionally, Sonic 3 had fewer things in common with its predecessors than Sonic 4 has, and I seem to recall the world going NUTS over that game at the time of its release...

I really don't think that we're making it all that easy for SEGA to produce a good game; first, half of the fanbase moans about it being a "rehash" of the 16-Bit titles, and then hordes of other people come along and complain that it "isn't enough like the MegaDrive originals" and "looks as though it should be called Sonic Rush 3" - there doesn't seem to be a middleground anywhere!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

What is sonic 4? What is Sonic 4 A Game What People should be grateful for getting (yeah if sonic was not around you lot will break down and follow Spryo lol oh yeah i went there),for people who has been waiting for a proper main Sonic 2D Game for years since S&K and most off us (like me) who dont give two shits about the freaking name will be called (would you perfer having Super Sonic Hedgehog Adventure Blast DX Battle as a name no i dont think so) yeah that what is sonic 4

Edited by Crash

I wonder of Sonic 4 will incorporate the "spike glitch."

You know, just for kicks.

I wonder of Sonic 4 will incorporate the "spike glitch."

You know, just for kicks.

Grr I hated that in Sonic 1 but I really doubt they will add it in, but if they did though i'd be kinda pee'd off a tiny bit since it gives me alot of bad memories from Sonic 1 haha

Edited by Crash

It's similar enough to the MegaDrive titles to be a continuation of the series, but different enough to be classified as a sequel. I fail to understand how that can possibly annoy you.

Additionally, Sonic 3 had fewer things in common with its predecessors than Sonic 4 has, and I seem to recall the world going NUTS over that game at the time of its release...

Agreed. In fact, when I'm in the mood to play "classic 2D Sonic" I actually go to Sonic 1&2 before 3 as 3 is so different from the other games. Don't get me wrong, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is an excellent game. But the shield system and mini-bosses (while fun) detract from the template found in Sonic 1,2 and (from the looks of it) Sonic 4 Episode 1. Sometimes I don't want to think about the shields or battle a boss before clearing each act. Sometimes I just want the stripped down basics and to complete a level without a boss. Same goes for Sonic CD. Sometimes the future/past is too much for my brain to figure out at 12am. I just want point A to B with obstacles.

Edited by Doctor Eggman

Agreed. In fact, when I'm in the mood to play "classic 2D Sonic" I actually go to Sonic 1&2 before 3 as 3 is so different from the other games. Don't get me wrong, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is an excellent game. But the shield system and mini-bosses (while fun) detract from the template found in Sonic 1,2 and (from the looks of it) Sonic 4 Episode 1. Sometimes I don't want to think about the shields or battle a boss before clearing each act. Sometimes I just want the stripped down basics and to complete a level without a boss. Same goes for Sonic CD. Sometimes the future/past is too much for my brain to figure out at 12am. I just want point A to B with obstacles.

Hm. I disagree about the shields, but segregating the bosses and the levels was definitely a good move. It's very convenient to be able to play one without the other at a whim, and it might allow them to get a bit more creative with the bosses if the arenas don't have to be attached to the levels.

What is Sonic 4? A miserable little pile of leaked secrets.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I was gonna say that! XD

Oh and it's the first Sonic platformer since 1994 to have an in level Super Sonic. Therefore it is by default better than all of the other Sonic platformers that have some out since S3K

Yes I said it! Bring on the neg rep!

• Thumbs Up 2

*Edit*

Oh Crap wrong topic damn i though this was the topic ohh crap that should teach me for posting late at night gunna post it in the right topic lmao, mods can you remove this post since i posted in the wrong topic XD

Edited by Crash

I just realized something. The name "Project Needlemouse" was made up by the people responsible for marketing the game. Sega's marketing department is seems to be basing it's actions off the Ministry of Truth.

I just realized something. The name "Project Needlemouse" was made up by the people responsible for marketing the game. Sega's marketing department is seems to be basing it's actions off the Ministry of Truth.

But Needlemouse WAS Sonic's original codename, wasn't it? I thought Minitrue's job was to rewrite history as they see fit for the public.

A better way to put that analogy would have been that much like the ministries from 1984, their function is at odds with their description.