Awoo.

Predict Future Sonic 4 Reveals

Paul Str337

Ok people, it’s apparent that for the next week at least the Sonic 4 website isn’t likely to throw up any other surprises. We’ve some concept art due Thursday but it’s likely to be the piece already leaked then an undisclosed piece of multimedia. After that the timers run dry so it’s time to get creative. It stands to reason once all the current countdowns expire we’ll get more but what about big pieces of news like more playable footage? When do you think we’ll get them?

I’ve been doing my own research and have found a list of some major gaming events happening this year.

March could be interesting as we have both the GDC in San Francisco from the 9th to the 13th then PAX East from 26th to the 28th. Both draw big enough crowds to show off the game so it’s possible we might see Sonic 4 playable there.

If we’re talking about a July release then this may be big enough to feature in Microsofts 3rd annual Summer of Arcade which last year kicked off on the 22nd July. The 21st is a Wednesday this July so maybe then?

I checked to see if multi-format games were featured in the SOA and MVC2 came out a few weeks earlier for the 360 then everything else so if it does appear in the SOA it’ll either be the exception to the rule thus far or anyone who doesn’t own a 360 will be left annoyed.

We’ll defiantly see the game at E3 as that’s June 15th – 17th.

Anyone else got any theories? How about June 23rd for a release?

July 4th is American Independence Day, and Sonic's main color scheme is blue, red and white, just like the US Flag.

Oshi-

July "4"th would be my release date guess.

Won't us Americans be too busy barbecuing and blowing shit up?

Won't us Americans be too busy barbecuing and blowing shit up?

Maybe to go buy it at a store, but we all must return home... And guess what! It's downloadable, so you can get it right off your couch! Convenience!

Maybe to go buy it at a store, but we all must return home... And guess what! It's downloadable, so you can get it right off your couch! Convenience!

But it's a Sunday, and everyone has work the next day.

: (

Also, the online stores all update on different and specific days of the week, right?

I'm guessing june 4th, since it's on a friday. OR may 4th, that's a tuesday.

Edited by Shadic the 360

This is going for a summer release no? Sonic 1 was released on June 23, just 2 days after summer officially started. June 21st is on a Monday and the 23rd is on a Wednesday, I'm predicting it will be released somewhere around that week.

I'm hoping for a June 23rd release date. Coming its the..Er.. "Big" (the cat) 19th birthday! :o (Sonics[well the series] a bastard for being 4 months older than me, but its cool, because Sonic 4 is now coming out. It all fits. My birth was destined :o)

for other updates, I'm guessing we'll be getting Broniks pretty late. They are new, so they'll just make us wait >_>

I predict the other character in the "Featured Characters" tab will be Dr. "Eggman" Robotnik, in those exact words (give or take an Ivo).

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Tails & Amy(PLEASE let Amy show up BEFORE Knuckles) in episode 2.

I would love to see Amy in there :o

I got a feeling Knuckles and Tails will be in episodes 1- how many they will make in the future... but thats my predictions!

To the June Release Dates, it already says on the website if you hacked it the release is July 2010 soooo...

July 4th is American Independence Day, and Sonic's main color scheme is blue, red and white, just like the US Flag.

Oshi-

Sonic's the REAL American hero!

Yo Hedgehog!

He'll fight for freedom where ever there's trouble.

Sonic 4 is there.

Sonic 4 - A real American hero

Sonic 4 is there

It's Sonic 4 against Eggman the enemy

Fighting to save the day.

He never gives up.

He's always there,

Fighting for freedom over land and air

Sonic 4 is there

Sonic 4 is the codename for Sega's daring, highly trained

special video game.

It's purpose, to defend animal freedom against Eggman-

a ruthless, terrorist dictator determined to rule the world.

He never gives up.

He'll stay til the fight's won.

Sonic 4 will dare.

Sonic 4!

Edited by Black Spy

I kept hearing July but I never saw anything hacked from the website saying so.

This image was found on the website when it was hacked:

5d6ijojpg.png

1970's trousers mode....

Well that maybe more suitable for ASR... anyway... what will we get? Most likely we'll see a factory esq level... something thats heavy industrial with lots of crushing objects, I think that you'll find yourself having to slowly navigate through this stage in parts, many badniks with semi cheap attacks that make it almost impossible to defeat without taking a hit. Also it'll turn out to be one pain of a level to explore due to various environmental hazards, staying in super form in this level will be a pain at first too.

• Thumbs Up 1

A quick not about release date; If they do release it on July 4th, then we will receive it exactly half a year (6 months) after it was announced.

1970's trousers mode....

Well that maybe more suitable for ASR... anyway... what will we get? Most likely we'll see a factory esq level... something thats heavy industrial with lots of crushing objects, I think that you'll find yourself having to slowly navigate through this stage in parts, many badniks with semi cheap attacks that make it almost impossible to defeat without taking a hit. Also it'll turn out to be one pain of a level to explore due to various environmental hazards, staying in super form in this level will be a pain at first too.

A level like that is most likely going to be in the final episode of the game, which may be released on June 23rd, 2011 to coincide with Sonic's 20th birthday. Another prediction I have is a battle with Metal Sonic somewhere in the final chapter. Perhaps he'll be the game's penultimate boss.

A level like that is most likely going to be in the final episode of the game, which may be released on June 23rd, 2011 to coincide with Sonic's 20th birthday. Another prediction I have is a battle with Metal Sonic somewhere in the final chapter. Perhaps he'll be the game's penultimate boss.

I'm not all to sure how deep SEGA will dig but I doubt Metal Sonic will be appearing. Metal Sonic has only appeared in Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, Sonic Adventure (as a cameo), Sonic Adventure 2 (as a cameo), Sonic Heroes, and Sonic Rivals 1 & 2.

Mecha Sonic on the other hand is very prone to appear somewhere. Mecha Sonic appeared in Sonic 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2 (GameGear), and Sonic Adventure (as a cameo). However, in Sonic Adventure the Mecha Sonic seen looks a lot like the Mecha Sonic fans codenamed "Silver Sonic", but a lot more advanced and technical. The appearance of this foreign Mecha Sonic (which is Dark Grey with an orange visor) has never been explained and never had purpose, besides appearing in a tube next to Metal Sonic.

My personal theory is THAT Mecha Sonic is going to play a role in Sonic 4, since it's set after Sonic & Knuckles, but before Sonic Adventure. I personally think they will finally give that Mecha Sonic purpose instead of being rather random but cool looking in Sonic Adventure. Also, it's design matches perfectly with the new Badnik designs, looking upgraded and techier from "Silver Sonic".