Awoo.

Are there anythings from the modern games you DO want?

Thirsty Pocket

Isn't that basically Heroes?

Yea it actually was . Heroes was a pretty good game but had it's flaws. Team play, clunky controls, Storyline was stupid, character models looked ugly and even though the level design resembled the genesis games it still missed a lot. Also there were almost no alternating paths in the game.

There were too many little things wrong in that game that stopped it from being perfect.

Of course with the hardware of today the developers have a big advantage. Just look at sumo, how they made all the sonic heroes stages look beautifull.

Edited by Jaouad

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thirsty Pocket

• Djawed

• Solid SOAP

• speedfreak

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want from the new games eh? Green eyes. Kind of like the wall jump too and the stomp.

Isn't that basically Heroes?

For anything but gameplay (including physics), badniks*, pits everewhere, multiple paths nowhere and level specific gimmics, I suppose you're right.

Heroes only had colours and crazy setting, special stage and music to compare to the classics. The gameplay does not match, and that's the most important thing to a game, so I can't say Heroes is a good game for that place. Still some good level design at parts though, could've been adventure 3 if the gameplay hadn't been so butchered.

*I don't have anything against Heroes' Egg Pawns though.

Edited by redmenace

Actually I really don't. The genesis games are really superior to the 3d games imo.

From gameplay to level design to art design and everything. If they could just base a 3d game from that it would be awesome.

I can argue the same for 3D Mario vrs. 2D Mario, but the things that were used in NSMB & NSMBW from the 3D games really added to the game, and were a joy to utilize.

I can argue the same for 3D Mario vrs. 2D Mario, but the things that were used in NSMB & NSMBW from the 3D games really added to the game, and were a joy to utilize.

Mario took the stomp, wall jump and the spinning attack.

I guess the stomp and wall jump could work for sonic too.. I'd rather see some original things though. Like how the spindash was unique back in the days.

edit: walljump could be a nice feature though;) I can allready imagine levels becoming more complex with more alternating paths.

Edit 2: Yeah something like this could work nicely

41760926.png

B)

Edited by Jaouad

Like others have said, grinding for alternate paths and wall jumping for helpful vertical movement. After all, Sonic is the only character in the game how else is he supposed to move vertically without Tails? The bounce could be rather helpful for reaching high platforms.

I also thought of the bounce as a great way to cancel a jump from high up, and if one uses homing attack just before landing, they won't have to bounce at all, and lose no speed. That is assumin that the homing attack and the bounce work just as they did in SA2.

I'd choose walljump+stomp over homing attack any day. In a 2d game that is.

Edited by Jaouad