Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

I love Doctor Who. I hope the Master does return, the final three episodes of series 3 were possibly the best in the revived series, with Stolen Earth/Journeys End taking a close second.

Also, hot new companion is hot.

I hope the Master does return

He does.

Also Stolen Earth/Journey's End were mediocre. Moffat's episodes are the best in any series (except the one with Blink), there hasn't been a bad one.

I agree, Moffat's episodes are amazing. I don't see the hype in Blink though, it wasn't THAT good. I found it one of his weakest.

Karen Gillan? I don't know her, but she sure looks young. Like the new 11th Doctor then! This will be interesting...

(No, I actually don't want to see more romance going on thanks)

(No, I actually don't want to see more romance going on thanks)

Glad to see I'm not the only one that doesn't want to see romance in Doctor Who. That's one great thing about Series 4 - Donna wasn't interested in him in that way, made a much more interesting character. Also, a girl companion, that's young, and hot? Of course we will see romance. Couldn't there be a guy as well? Like in the original series.

Romance or not, Moffat's the main writer. That's all I need to know to work out the plot will be awesome. And no more ridiculously camp series finales, lol.

Karen Gillan? Lame. I really wish the rumours that Hannah Murray was the new companion turned out to be true. Out of all the original Skins cast she really stood out and I think she'd have really played the companion role well. Ah well =/

Couldn't there be a guy as well? Like in the original series.

Yes please! I really want to see a male companion sometime, as the female companion has been done too many times already. Or we can have a duo, male and female!

• 3 weeks later...

I am bumping this thread becuase a thaught, okay so we all know that as well as the Doctor that we know and love there have been others such as The Shalka Doctor, The Curse of Fatal Death Doctors, Dr. Who and (Evil) Future Doctors; such as Merlin, Muldwych and the Valeyard. I'll adress these in the oder that I feel they happen in the Doctor's time line.

The Curse of Fatal Death Doctors - I think that Rowan Atkinsons Doctor was in fact the Eighth Doctor simply being protrayd by a diferent actor, so after rapid regeneration the Doctor eventually becomes a woman.

It is during this incarnation that The Last Great Time War happens, when she returns to Gallifrey The Doctor has some of her regenerations restored and becomes the Eighth Doctor.

Now for the intersting part, I believe that during the heat of the War it was the TARDIS that saved the Doctor from Gallifrey, forcebly removing him from the battle and refusing to return to Gallifrey.

Angry at the TARDIS the Doctor ejects the Eye of Harmony (possibly trying to kill it) and ends the war.

Distraught and alone the Doctor returns to the one planet he was ever able to call home besides Gallifrey - Earth. He uses the chameleon arch and becomes the human we know as Dr. Who.

This human Doctor holds inside of him some memories of his past life; such as Susan, Skaro, the Daleks and the phrase TARDIS.

This explains why Tardis (Doctor Who's ship) is a police box. I think this Doctor is constantly going back to the Daleks (ie places he has been before) to try and stop himself from starting the War in the first place.

At the end of these adventures Doctor Who finds his Fob Watch and becomes The Doctor once again - I should point out he is still the Eighth Doctor, just physically older.

I’d imagine that the Doctor would offer to take his family travelling with him they would have rejected though, feeling that the man they knew was a lie and will hate the Doctor. Either that or they will come with him and live out their lives in the TARDIS.

Either way after that event the Doctor winds up alone again. So he hits random on the TARDIS and ends up stranded on Earth for 100 years, thus becoming Muldwych (why he chose this name I do not know – it may be a timey wimey incident he chose to call himself Muldwych because he knew he’d tell his past self that this was his name). Now I expect that the hundred years that he spent were in the time of King Arthur explaining why he also took the name Merlin.

Over time he would return to his TARDIS and drift through space for many years and end up looking like the Shalka Doctor, it is in this form that the Eighth Doctor dies...simply from getting old he dies and regenerates into the Ninth Doctor (Christopher Eccelston).

As for the Valeyard he is either as he claims a later incarnation of the Doctor who found himself back on Gallifrey (probably driven insane by breaking the Time Lock ala Dalek Caan)

Or, the Meta Crisis Tenth Doctor as many people think; It may be possible that the reason this Half Human Doctor wanted to frame his other self was to get the regenerations as he had none in the first place.

Edited by Arron

• 1 month later...

Dr. Who series five has begun filming in earnest today.

1.jpg

That pic, as well as the costume, seems like a throwback to the old days. In a good way. Prefer Tennent's costume, however perhaps this one is actually the more "Doctorish" of the two. It gives off a Hartnell/Troughton vibe to me. I'm really excited to see what Moffat does with the show.

Fae the BBC

Doctor Who fans have been given their first look at the new costume being worn by Matt Smith, the 11th actor to play the role.

The Time Lord's new look consists of tweed jacket, bow tie, rolled up trousers and black boots.

Filming on the new episodes begins on Monday in Cardiff, with the new series going out in spring 2010.

Smith is taking over from David Tennant, whose last episodes will be shown at the end of the year.

"I feel very privileged and proud to be part of this iconic show," Smith said after arriving on set for his first day of filming.

'Come alive'

"The scripts are brilliant - I'm excited about the future and all the brilliant adventures I get to go on as the Doctor."

The Doctor will also have a new companion - Amy Pond - played by Karen Gillan, who meets the Time Lord in episode one of the new series.

There is also a changed team behind the scenes, led by new lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat who will be responsible for the overall creative direction of the show, as well as plot and character arcs.

"Matt and Karen are going to be incredible, and Doctor Who is going to come alive on Saturday nights in a whole new way," Moffat said.

Since its return in 2005, Doctor Who has won a number of accolades, including Baftas and National Television Awards.

New TARDIS exterior:

article-1200883-05C6E23F000005DC-378_468x609.jpg

Also,

Alex Kingston (River Song)

is on set.

Well it certainly looks unique, but argh, bowties! Bowties are the single most retarded piece of clothing ever to be concieved! That's just a personal peeve though. I was kinda expecting something a bit more young and modern looking. Like that he kinda looks like a kid pretending to dress as a grown-up. =\ Maybe that was their intention of course, but yeah.

Just finished rewatching Series 1 with Eccleston. The Empty Child saga was one of the all-time best of the series revival, so I'm really happy to see Moffat as the chief writer. High expectations

I just hope that being the.. what is he, chief writer? Anyway, I just hope his new position doesn't overstretch the man and dilute the quality of his episodes.

drwho2666849391a.jpg

doc1849450a.jpgdrwho580849390a.jpg

mattz.jpg

Smith looks a lot better than than he did in the ghastly emo promo shot they did a while ago.

I personally think he looks better there, smarter less tweety and I hope they don't bring all the fucking tacky 80's outfits back. :(

I personally think he looks better there, smarter less tweety and I hope they don't bring all the fucking tacky 80's outfits back. :(

I think he looks too like the 9th doctor there, at least his new bowtie ensemble makes him look unique, and it certainly suits him, and I must say the new companion is really cute, should be a fun series. At first I didn't like the look of the new doctor but these new pics have sold me, he looks fantastic and with Moffat on board I hope it'll turn out to be a really well done series.

LOL at his hair on the last photo. XD

But uh, I actually like his bow tie and suit look. I dunno why, just fits I guess. :0 And I like the looks of the new companion too. She's cute. ^-^

My, my, isn't that Steven Moffat a clever man...

ohboy2.jpg

Notice the word "Byzantium" at the bottom right? River Song told the tenth Doctor in the episode 'Silence in the Library', "Crash of the Byzantium, have we done that yet?"

Nice little set up, that. :D

Comic Con Stuff

New 'Waters of Mars' Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wA5J-RkVn0

Final Special Spoiler Trailer + Info

Called "The End of Time"

John Simm and Timothy Dalton are confirmed!

Bootleg trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEY43MlcRs

Transcript:

It is said that in the final days of planet earth, everyone had bad dreams...

He returns...

My Name is the Master

*knew about the spoiler for a while, it's been on imdb for ages XD*

Nice trailer though =D

Am I the only one who thinks that the TARDIS far too big?

Anyone remember the line... he will knock 4 times? The one from the last special.... Well... the clue as to who Tennants final villain was always there...

If you knock 4 times... what sound do you get? The drums... the never ending drum beat, the masters drums.