Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

I always thought Bridge Over Troubled Water was overrated compared to Only Living Boy In New York. (That echo-chamber sequence was brilliant)

More on topic, I don't really understand why people were unhappy with the episode. The twist before the twist

(that the girl Rory liked was evil)

Edited by Gerkuman

I always thought Bridge Over Troubled Water was overrated compared to Only Living Boy In New York. (That echo-chamber sequence was brilliant)

Overdone as it is, I did like the concept of this two-parter... but goddamn the closed-minded ignorance of the characters literally had me yelling at the screen. I get it, you're going with the prejudice angle, but you don't have to beat me over the head with it. It's not enjoyable to watch... it's just plain irritating. D:

Twist at the end was good though. I liked that.

Mm, exactly... The gangers seemed more like evil supervillains than the scared and conflicted beings they were supposed to be. The lack of subtlety was just painful. The characters seemed so two dimensional with moods that would turn on a dime. There was just no sensitivity in what should have been an incredibly sensitive piece of script and acting. It was in no way believable, even as much as one can suspend belief for a sci-fi drama fantasy show about time-travelling, aliens and mad science.

Mm, exactly... The gangers seemed more like evil supervillains than the scared and conflicted beings they were supposed to be. The lack of subtlety was just painful. The characters seemed so two dimensional with moods that would turn on a dime. There was just no sensitivity in what should have been an incredibly sensitive piece of script and acting. It was in no way believable, even as much as one can suspend belief for a sci-fi drama fantasy show about time-travelling, aliens and mad science.

Were we watching the same episode? My mind is still going "HOLY SHIT" at the ending and being freaked out by

Ganger!Jennifer's true form, which is the stuff of nightmares and how the two deaths were handled

. Dear god, the last episode was meh, but this one......THIS FUCKING EPISODE!

Also:

>mfw that ending

tumblr_llxlq4E1E31qcz7qh.gif

Edited by PSI Aqua

Edited by Tobbii

Just regarding that supposed screwdriver plothole, isn't it possible that a second screwdriver was created? I mean the Ganger Doctor had everything the proper Doctor was wearing when the flesh was copied. Unless I missed something (which is likely, I watched this while drunk) is it that hard to imagine that there were simply two screwdrivers, one for each Doctor?

Just regarding that supposed screwdriver plothole, isn't it possible that a second screwdriver was created? I mean the Ganger Doctor had everything the proper Doctor was wearing when the flesh was copied. Unless I missed something (which is likely, I watched this while drunk) is it that hard to imagine that there were simply two screwdrivers, one for each Doctor?

Ah, fair enough. I'm sure it will be explained somehow, hopefully. To be honest, I never even noticed until after someone mentioned it, oh well.

Yes, but the real Doctor gave his duplicate his screwdriver, only to then produce another when trapped in the vent room. That would mean the real Doctor had two screwdrivers. If you assume the duplicate also had a duplicate screwdriver, why would he need a real one? Also, with all due respect to your theory, that would make three screwdrivers between two Doctors in one episode.

Refer to the .gif of a head exploding above. ;)

Also, BW, no worries! I'm glad somebody's enjoying it! Means there'll probably be another season after this, and ultimately I like the fact that the Doctor is a regular success story on British television. Just feels... right, somehow. Like beans on toast.

Okay, time for wild speculation. I have two theories regarding the ongoing storyline. Neither will probably be true, but I'm putting them out there on the scant off-chance that it'll make me look rather clever next weekend.

1: Amy Pond never knew her parents, did she? Lived with her aunt. My guess is that Amy Pond is the daughter of the Doctor and River Song. This also gives her Time Lord DNA, meaning her baby (the little girl seen previously) has regenerative abilities, too. Explains the previous cliffhanger of the little girl regenerating in New York, explains the secrecy surrounding River Song and explains the connection between the Doctor and Amy Pond that goes beyond the normal Doctor/Companion relationship.

2: Somewhat more difficult to explain, especially with that little girl regenerating earlier in the season, but Amy Pond's daughter turns out to be River Song. Could be an even bigger "What the heck?!" to be explained at a later date and make the summer hiatus even more painful.

No more daleks. At least not for a very long time.

His reasons for the break are quite sound, they were becoming a lot like the Borg from Star Trek, they appeared to be weaker with every episode they appeared in because they were so easilly defeated compared to the first episodes that they appeared in.

No more daleks. At least not for a very long time.

His reasons for the break are quite sound, they were becoming a lot like the Borg from Star Trek, they appeared to be weaker with every episode they appeared in because they were so easilly defeated compared to the first episodes that they appeared in.

Good. Not only am I not a fan of the new design, but they felt really forced in Season 5. The best Dalek episode is still just "Dalek" from DW2005 Season 1.

My god, I have no idea what's going on in this series @_@ I think I might have to watch the last few episodes again just to get my head around it all.

Also, it was a little off-putting that they were called gangers. That word has a different connotation here in Australia lol

My god, I have no idea what's going on in this series @_@ I think I might have to watch the last few episodes again just to get my head around it all.

Also, it was a little off-putting that they were called gangers. That word has a different connotation here in Australia lol

So is shortening "gangbangers", that's his point.

Once again its taken me nearly a week to get round to commenting on the most recent episode. Should really do it while its fresh in my mind but was busy after watching it on Saturday and all day Sunday as well.

I enjoyed the episode, not one of the best of all time but it certainly had some very good moments:

the gangers realising they didn't want to kill their counterparts being one example.

Just a note for everyone. It's starting at 6:40, and ending at 7:30. So it looks like Moffatt asked for an extra 5 minutes runtime for the episode. Intruiging!

Well, maybe not. But it bumps up the topic, and I'm severely bored.

Well, it looks like I won that bet. I'll be collecting my winnings soon, please.

It completely (and I think purposefully) failed to explain anything but the most obvious question.

River is Amy's daughter and part time-lord. But thankfully due to timey-wimey stuff. She's definitely parented by Amy and Rory

I was thoroughly confused for about the first half hour XD;; But, boy, was that epic. And I had my suspicions about who River Song is as soon as I heard

the baby's name, and the argument Amy and Rory had over which surname to use. So when River Song finally explained at the end, it wasn't too surprising.

Sooo, why the hell are they taking a break? Is the series over? Are they just doing more specials, or resuming the series later on?

Resuming in September for the other half of the series. With Sherlock presumably filling the gap.

So, have any of you lot got massive quantities of lactic fluid?

Thought not.

• Thumbs Up 2

Awesome episode! Like many people I totally saw the ending coming though.

Nonetheless it didn't at all spoil my enjoyment of the episode.

Nice use of the Cybermen, Silurians etc also the comic turn from the Sontaran. I Also thought they introduced some really good new characters such as Lorna.

Edited by Doctor Sοnic