Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Or the eye patches somehow negate the power of the Silents (perhaps by constantly keeping an image of them in front of the wearer) and Korvarian is able to work with them with her eye patch in a similar way by keeping them constantly in mind.

Also River was already trained by the Silence/Silents to kill the Doctor.

Yes. The same one he's wearing when he gets shot.

I like how Rory looks like a Team Rocket goon from the Pokémon games and shows.

• Thumbs Up 1

Once again I'm very late posting my comments.

I enjoyed last weeks episode. Wouldn't describe it as a great but it was definitely a good one. If it had been anti-faith I wouldn't have been happy but I don't think it was. It can sometimes be difficult to tell what a writers exact intentions are though.

For me the final part of the episode was the best. I noticed alot of similarities with the classic series story 'The Curse of Fenric' towards the end. Also the ending, that came as a total surprise. Much credit to Steven for planning that unexpected twist.

Tonight's episode should be very interesting indeed. I'm particularly pleased to hear that:

It will feature the return of the Cybermats! The first time they've appeared in TV Doctor Who since 1975!

I really liked today episode, lots of good bits, lots of laughs, lots of tying up loose ends. Although some were obvious. So yeah, not much to say otherwise than that I enjoyed it a lot.

That was a pretty awesome episode; one bit I wasn't so keen on though was the lack of emotion in the episode's climax. It felt extremely hollow.

Still, I loved the new Cyberman chest plates (no more Cybus Industries relics) and was very relieved to not hear "DELETE" repeated ad nauseam.

Great episode! I got a few laughs out of it despite the sad ending. The way The Doctor jumped through that glass door was awesome!

Knew River Song was that astronaut.

Same here. That was pretty predictable.

Edited by Kevin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone knew it would be her, it was pretty much handed to us on a silver plate. The mystery was never who it was, it was how the Doctor would get out of it.

And for all we know, he just won't. Not this series anyway. But in the Christmas Special he might rise again. God knows what they've got planned, but Bill Bailey's in it so we're in for something good.

Also I'm looking forward to the Doctor and River traveling to the end of the universe together, because in her first appearance during David Tennant's tenure she repeatedly says they've been there together. If that's not in the next episode then we've still got that to look forward to. smile.png

I did have a bit of dislike for the ending. After such a nice homely episode it's sort of lame to ditch all the atmosphere and end on a "REMEMBER GUYS IT'S THE FINALE NEXT WEEK" moment. Otherwise loved it.

So, it finished airing in the US, and I liked it. The acting was great, the writing was solid, and the humor was great. The

"Power of Love" getting Craig out of being converted into the Cyberman Controller (I forgot it. Excuse me)

was just pure stupid though. I really liked the name "Stormageddon" (By the way. I hear that means "Falling Silence"). Made me laugh. And I enjoyed seeing more of the Doctor being able to "speak baby" like he did in "A Good Man Goes To War".

The ending though...wow.

I really feel sorry for River. Madame Korvian is a cruel bitch.

So it turns out last nights episode wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be. James Corden can still fuck right off, though.

So it turns out last nights episode wasn't as terrible as I expected it to be. James Corden can still fuck right off, though.

He's a terrible actor, but that meant that his innate bumbling idiot was really able to shine through last night.

The episode was alright, definitely the funniest of the series. The Cybermen were disappointing though, they had next to no threat and I never felt as if the Doctor and Craig were in any real peril. Matt Smith was fantastic, his little talk with "Stormageddon" being fantastic, and his reaction when he saw Amy and Rory in the shops just showed the inherent loneliness of the character. The ending was a little tacked on too. Like Patticus said, the revelation wasn't really surprising and it felt disjointed from the rest of the episode.

I really liked this episode, more than the God Complex. The chemistry between Matt and James is definitely there and I laughed out loud at various points - especially the scene where the Doctor exclaims his "love" for Craig. laugh.png

Everything has been set up for the finale too. They've even got a prequel up which teases a lot of things. I'm also glad

they brought The Silence back, they are very well designed monsters which would of been a waste if just used for two episodes.

A pretty good episode. It was certainly nice to have some comedy after so much doom 'n' gloom over the last few weeks. I'm kind of disappointed that the Cybermen basically didn't do anything in the entire episode, though; I'm not even a huge fan of the Cybermen, but I was looking forward to seeing them in a smaller-scale story that could do them better justice than some of the earlier new-series episodes. Instead, we got 40 minutes of the Doctor being quirky and then thirty seconds of the Cybermen standing around for a bit before we moved on to the finale-related stuff. It was amusing to get the Cybermats return, though, and their plan did come pretty close to actually succeeding, so it certainly wasn't too bad.

I really liked Amy and Rory's cameo. It genuinely came right out of nowhere.

If nothing else, that episode shows us that a Doctor + Baby combo is always absolutely adorable. Especially ones named Stormageddon

Edit:

tumblr_ls2uu99drq1qifwt8o1_500.jpg

Less Meme-tastically, it was nice to have a light episode and I think it shows that Corden should drop the comedy (Which not only is he shit at, but is often the major reason people dislike him) and try doing normal acting. Normal everyman may be a bit of a plain role, but you'd never be out of work.

Edited by Gerkuman

I'd like to see the clockwork robots from The Girl In The Fireplace make a comeback. Perhaps they could feature in an episode also featuring Leonardo da Vinci. The Doctor helped Van Gogh out when he was at his lowest ebb, perhaps he could do something similar with Leonardo, who IIRC died disappointed, with his collected life's works (in his many notebooks) in complete disarray.

Perhaps Leonardo is exploring his ideas about human flight, when one night after he has retired to bed the clockwork machines tear open a hole in time through one of his (now lost) paintings down in his workshop. The painting changes to look as if da Vinci painted the interior of a spaceship. The next day, Leonardo wakes up to find his many of notebooks and his completed paintings missing, one of his remaining paintings oddly transformed, and a large mysterious blue box in the street outside his home. The Doctor has just arrived. The two characters could keep missing one another throughout the episode, interacting only indirectly until near the climactic finalé, when the two finally meet face to face. That doesn't stop the Doctor from exploring Leonardo's quarters in his absence earlier in the episode however, and uncovering the time ship and the robots as they embark on another filching expedition.

The clockwork robots think they are operating on instructions from a New Roman Imperial Artwork Preservation Society aboard the ship on the other side of the painting, however the crew has long since been killed and replaced by something more menacing. Near the close of the episode, after the ship is destroyed and the strange painting burnt to a cinder, Leonardo asks if his own work is to be remembered. The Doctor brings Leonardo into the Tardis, which astounds and confounds him utterly. One of the things he is shown by the Doctor is a vast, multi-billion inhabitant space station in the year 300,000, which is in the shape of his famous rhombicuboctahedron (below) and is named after him.

3-29-DaVinci-wrong-left-300.jpg

Leonardo's Rhombicuboctahedron

Such an episode could be timey wimey and see da Vinci knowing the Doctor at the start of the episode, having had instructions from the Doctor many years in his past (the Doctor's future) to build this or that to permanently erase an enemy from this time period (and so preserve humanity's future), then the Doctor heads into the past, introduces himself to the perplexed younger Leonardo, and uncovers a timey wimey plot to steal humanity's grand future from it and give it somehow to a jealous young alien race from a nearby star cluster.

icon_shifty.gif

I need to let this da Vinci thing go, but I can't, because he'd be a great character to include in an episode.

Finally got around to seeing Closing Time. Late as always because my fiancée's house doesn't get BBC America ): One good thing about going back to England at least will be being able to see Doctor Who on time XD;

It was a good, cute, funny filler episode. Stormageddon was adorable, and the Doctor just looks SO cute with a baby. The whole 'partner' thing with Craig was hilarious, and it was also great seeing the Doctor doing something as (initially) mundane and 'normal' as working in a shop... with a name badge... and everyone calling him 'Doctor'. Lol. Wonder how he pulled that one off.

Interesting to see the Cybermen again, even if they were a little underused, and their defeat kind of underwhelming and ridiculously cheesy.

Agree with the rest saying that the hype for the finale kinda jarred with the pace and mood of the episode in an uncomfortable way... and the big reveal really wasn't at all unprecedented - anyone who's been keeping up with the show would have worked it out by now. Nevertheless, I'm still VERY excited for the finale. And... dat 'dactl! o.o

I enjoyed last weeks Episodes. My baby Nephew is called Aflie so he will be now called "Stormageddon". biggrin.png

By the way do you think the Doctor can actually talk to Babies or do you think he is playing around? Must be the Tardis that does it the translation.smile.png

Once again I'm really late with getting round to this.

Anyway, I really enjoyed 'Closing Time', very good episode I thought. It was particularly great to have the return of the Cybermats and I thought it was a great idea to have the Cybermat zooming around the Toy department.

As other people have mentioned the Doctor working in the store and even having 'The Doctor' on his name badge was great. I think the funniest part of the episode was when the Cybermat was coming up behind the Doctor and Alfie and the Doctor says 'Alfie, why is there a sinister beeping noise coming from behind me'.

Oh and is anyone else hoping we'll be seeing remote control Cybermats arriving in Toy shops sometime in near future? I've been wanting one since I was a kid.

Not long now until we get some answers! But only some, from the looks of it.

I mean, for all we know, this series might end with a cliffhanger. But probably not, seeing as we already have pics from the filming of the Christmas Special. (Plus rumours of Bill Bailey! Hooray!)