Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Even if I got a multi-region player, they're in PAL format so I wouldn't be able to watch them anyway.

Anyway you don't understand - I don't have money. I'm not justifying the ethics of what I'm doing here, I'm saying that it's impossible for me to buy anything at the moment, or in the near future. If I could nab the Doctor Who DVDs, I would, because I am very fond of owning movies, shows, anime, and games that I enjoy. But in my current state I cannot.

Get someone with the specials on DVD to upload them to RapidShare for you to view, or YouTube?

I'm too tired to read through seven pages of posts, but "Hello, fellow Doctor Who fans!" Awesome to see soem Who-lovers here. Unfortunately here in Australia we won't get any more eps until near the end of the year, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

I know there hasn't been any set reports for a while (they've been filming in forests and stuff) but now...

A Dalek (with new colour scheme) has been spotted on top of a building, WW2 soldiers have also been spotted. I am now preparing the thread for the obligatory "NOT THEM AGAIN". If pics show up later I'll be sure to post them!

So how many times have they been

killed off

by now? I don't really see the point of the writers re-emphasizing their predicament when we know we're just going to be seeing them again and again.

Because they're a favoured (not to mention iconic) nemesis for the Doctor to combat. The

Daleks

were long thought to be extinct following that

Last Great Time War

, but it turned out that at the very end a bunch of them fell through time and were scattered across history, so they have an excuse to turn up here and there.

My one gripe was that (series 4 spoiler)

the supposedly fully-fledged Dalek empire at the height of its power

was all too easily dispatched.

I'm fine with them showing up often, though I wish most of their episodes didn't revolve around being the last of their kind and all.

I'm fine with them showing up often, though I wish most of their episodes didn't revolve around being the last of their kind and all.

It does kinda take away the impact of a LAST EVER DALEK! if said Dalek was like the 90th Last Ever Dalek that week.

you know daleks aren't even imposing anymore to me cos they keep coming back, when the y first appeared I genuinily went OH MAH FOOOKING GAWWD THE DOCTOR IS SCREWED, now I just see them as like cannon fodder, something to "die" in each series.

Just finished watching season three last night.

The three-part finale was really the most amazing thing I've seen in the series yet. I thought the reset button was kind of cheap, but not quite as bad as previous instances of "EVERYBODY LIVES". The Sixth Master is already my favorite villain in the series for his sheer malice and bouncy personality, as well as for having a vague bond with the Doctor (being a Time Lord and all).

Tennant has really grown on me, and I admire his performance just as much as Eccleston's. Unfortunately, I didn't find Martha to be as enduring as Rose (less character development time?), so I'm not going to miss her terribly now that she has left the TARDIS.

When you say "instances of EVERYBODY LIVES" are you referring to The Empty Child/ The Doctor Dances from season one? If so I really have to disagree with you because that is a HUGE moment for the Doctor. In all his adventures, from the William Hartnell (First Doctor) adventures right up to now there is always a body count, and often it's high. For everyone to survive in those episodes is EXACTLY what the Doctor is always trying to archive. Yes, he can be harsh - he has to be - but really he wants everyone safe. Why do you think he always offers to help the Master and Davros make a better life? That episode was, arguably, the highest point in the Doctors life.

Just finished watching season three last night.

The three-part finale was really the most amazing thing I've seen in the series yet. I thought the reset button was kind of cheap, but not quite as bad as previous instances of "EVERYBODY LIVES". The Sixth Master is already my favorite villain in the series for his sheer malice and bouncy personality, as well as for having a vague bond with the Doctor (being a Time Lord and all).

Tennant has really grown on me, and I admire his performance just as much as Eccleston's. Unfortunately, I didn't find Martha to be as enduring as Rose (less character development time?), so I'm not going to miss her terribly now that she has left the TARDIS.

So as you were watching S3, what did you think about The Face of Boe's last words, and also Jacks revelation at the end.

I'm not a fan of reset buttons. For the record I thought that the two-parter Empty Child was the only "everybody lives" moment that I felt was done fine, if only because of the Doctor's happiness at the end, but other episodes that did this, such as Father's Day and Fear Her, were very silly and awkward in execution (then again, I didn't really like Fear Her to begin with).

So as you were watching S3, what did you think about The Face of Boe's last words, and also Jacks revelation at the end.

Since Utopia was the first Doctor Who episode I watched before I got into the series, I already had spoiled myself of the meaning of YANA as well as

Jack's connection with Boe

The Sixth Master

Sorry just noticed this and I feel like I need to be nitpicky.

While Simm played the Sixth seen incarnation of the Master the actuall incarnation number is much larger.

The Master and the Doctor were at school together meaning that they are about the same age.

Now by the time we see the Master on screen the Doctor was already on his third life (and had only completly used up one) meaning that the first Master we see must be atleast the Second Master.

After (in the books) kidnapping the Doctors grandaughter; Susan and being blown up the Master used up all of his regenerations turning him into a shambling corpse. This Shambling corpse was the 13th Master.

Later this Master merged with a man named Tremas the Master was reborn in his 14th incarnation.

This Master would later find a way to artificially regenerate (this was only seen in the expanded universe) giving us the 15th Master.

The Master would then be executed by the Daleks but was able to move his consciencness into a worm like alien that then came to Earth and possessed a man named Bruce he was the 16th Master.

(If you don't buy into the theory that I gave in a previous post disregard the spoilerd part)

This Master would some how find a way to regenerate into the 17th Master seen in The Curse of Fatal Death.

At some point later this Master would end up being put inside an Android body by the Doctor

but would end up restored as a Time Lord during the Time War

This Master would have been the 17th

or 18th

Master who would become known as Professor Yana who would regenerate into Harold Saxon the 18th

19th

Master.

Edited by Omega Ranger

Ok, technically the 13th Master is the first one we see. But on that logic, then every single incarnation until Simm would be the 13th Master too! As such, fans generally count it as Delgado-Pratt/Beevers-Ainley-Roberts-Jacobi-Simm. 6 Masters.

Doesn't Who continuity give you a headache :lol: I remember when a friend and I had a two hour long conversation about how the Classic series continuity works with the new series continuity. Oooh, boy, that was a mind trip! But I love it!

It'll be interesting too to see what happens when it's the Doctor runs out of regenerations....if the series lats that long. (Which I hope it does).

And yes, Fear Her was terrible. I actually feel Series 2 is the weakest of the 4

Edited by JD!

I liked Fear Her, but I agree the 2nd series was the weakest of the revival

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow at 8PM, on the official website... there is to be an announcement regarding the future of Doctor Who.

Basically this..

300who_logo.jpg

Is no more.

Thats right, it's time for a new logo.

I suspect my fellow Who fans will be clicking that link at around 8PM to see the new logo? Or am I alone in that?

new_logo_512.jpg

That's an incredibly retro logo. Brilliant. Very 1960s. Better than the old logo by far.

I think it's all coming full circle. Kind of appropriate, since The Doctor doesn't have that many regenerations left. (Indeed, with the second Tennant running around, there's some debate this could be his second last). I'm hugely curious to see if the BBC has the stones to wind up the show at that point, or whether they'll just cave and find a way to give him a new set of regenerations (I mean, canonically, the Time Lords could once have given out a new cycle of regenerations, but also canonically, they're now dead and time-locked). Nonetheless, my money would be on the latter, naturally.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I really really hate this Logo, but I can't put it into words.

... It's just so... Kitsch

This logo is phenomenally better than the last one. I dig it. Also looking forward to seeing the Eleventh in action.

new_logo_512.jpg

Somehow it reminds me of both the sixties and the McCoy era... not two things I expected to mix very well. I like it a lot, though.

For me, the logo only works if you take one part or the other. Either the part that says DOCTOR WHO or the part that says DW. In other news; still on word one we will see Wars of the Master The Waters of Mars, and I was hoping it would be a halloween episode...