Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

God dammit, it sounds like Rose is gonna have more to it than standing around. :/

I was worried about Rose doing nothing but standing around,

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm curious to see what Moffat's going to do with Bad Wolf.  In Series 1 it basically meant nothing and didn't even do that much aside from producing futile speculation, but its revival in Turn Left as a kind of weird reality-breaking symbol and motif of Rose was much more interesting.  Maybe it could get retconned into something with wider implications through time which Rose just tapped into?

Edited by FFWF

Looking at John Hurt here:

john-hurt-50th-poster-day-of-the-doctor.

The costume=awesome. I can't wait to see what he's all about.

And, his hand the one on the right, is he holding a red sonic screwdriver? Or is that a spark from the explosion? Zooming in it looks like there's something in his grasp, but I can't tell...

Ok time to go all fantheory!

I have a feeling that John Hurt's Doctor is Bad Wolf, they don't want to remember him as he's bad and a wolf hunts down it's prey. I think that he was going after the Daleks once and for all instead of not lowering to their level. Rose used it as a name and warning as she saw the timestream in the vortex. 

I'm fairly sure it's just a spark from the explosion seeing as the colours match that of what's going on around him, but it's certainly possible John Hurt will wield a sonic screwdriver in the episode itself.

On an unrelated note, is anyone here absolutely seething with rage that David Tennant's hair is slightly different in The Day of The Doctor compared with his usual spiky style? Because it seems some people amongst the fanbase are - though admittedly, probably just the continuity perfectionists. I for one didn't even really notice much of a difference until I looked at them side by side, and even then it's not as drastically different as having Matt Smith with a quiff one minute and a shaved head the next.

dthair.jpg

So, are you guys just happy to have Tennant back, or is the new hairstyle a dealbreaker for your enjoyment of the episode?

So, are you guys just happy to have Tennant back, or is the new hairstyle a dealbreaker for your enjoyment of the episode?

The real dealbreaker is the lack of any classic Doctors laugh.png I'm sure that's a much bigger problem than Tennant's hair not being spiked up (it may be in the actual episode or at least part of it.)

The real dealbreaker is the lack of any classic Doctors laugh.png I'm sure that's a much bigger problem than Tennant's hair not being spiked up (it may be in the actual episode or at least part of it.)

The classic doctors all had scenes shot inside I'm good friends with Steven Moffat

I'm fine with hair, I mean if we look at this:

3-03-Gridlock-the-tenth-doctor-24255240-

It's barely any different...

But while I consider the 10th Doctor hugely overrated and doesn't deserve as much praise as he does get, I'm glad he's back. Not only for my enjoyment, but it might sway in fans that departed with Tennant, and if they see how good the show is now, they might continue. It was wise of them to pick Tennant. And Peter Davison.

• Thumbs Up 2

That's a funny way to spell Tom Baker.

In fairness, they're both funny ways to spell Paul McGann.

It's very suspicious how much Davison has been doing recently with the show, I mean, Doctor Who Live, The Choice Awards, hanging outside the BBC with protest signs for what I think might be a DVD extra...

BTtUlirIEAArPJi.jpg

And his surname Moffet sounds like Moffat... It defaintly means something!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think that they should have a Classic Doctor host "Doctor Who at the Proms" one year!

coughtombakerhasthemostdistinctivevoiceandistheoldestcough

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think that they should have a Classic Doctor host "Doctor Who at the Proms" one year!

Peter Davison did introduce the Classic Doctor Who medley at this year's Prom, actually.

Admittedly he was only on stage for a few minutes but at least he was there!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, Doctor Who at the Proms... That reminds me...

hqdefault.jpg

HE WAS THERE TOO....

• Thumbs Up 2

This is what I get for not watching TV laugh.png 

IwantTomBakerdamnit

Or you could have done what I did and actually bought a ticket and been in the audience :P

This is what I get for not watching TV laugh.png 

IwantTomBakerdamnit

You want Tom Baker? I'LL BRING YOU TOM BAKER DAMMIT!

I mean I'll be at the ExCeL celebration on the 23rd of November, the day he's there, and I'll take some photos which you can photoshop yourself into if you want.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

I mean I'll be at the ExCeL celebration on the 23rd of November, the day he's there, and I'll take some photos which you can photoshop yourself into if you want.

That raises a good point actually - anyone else here going to the Doctor Who Celebration?

I'm going on the Friday, 22nd November. Looking forward to it!

• Thumbs Up 1

That raises a good point actually - anyone else here going to the Doctor Who Celebration?

I'm going on the Friday, 22nd November. Looking forward to it!

I was dead-set on getting them for the 23rd, for Baker and the Special, I got the special TARDIS tickets and everything, I had to go as fast as I could when they were released... I'm heading down with my friend probably 21st/22nd, and I simply cannot wait!

I was dead-set on getting them for the 23rd, for Baker and the Special, I got the special TARDIS tickets and everything, I had to go as fast as I could when they were released... I'm heading down with my friend probably 21st/22nd, and I simply cannot wait!

I was considering going on the Saturday as it's the actual anniversary itself, but the friend who I'm going with could only get the Friday off from work so that made the decision for me. Should still be an excellent day out though - everything will be the same with the exception of Tom Baker, and it means I can watch The Day of The Doctor at home in my own comfort on the Saturday.

EDIT: I got the regular tickets and they were around £50 each.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow the scalpers on eBay are ridiculous then. Someone is wanting £600 for two adult tickets laugh.png

The sad thing is some die hard fan will probably fork out that much for them.

• Thumbs Up 2