Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

A preview clip?  I had assumed that it would be the minisode.  ...Actually, I think I'm still assuming that.

Edit: Although what one rumour suggests is that it is a preview clip and that the minisode will follow in the week... but that's kind of cutting it fine, as Children In Need airs on the 15th.

Edit: Another minisode classified.  "Night of the Doctor," 6 minutes 54 seconds, featuring both Smith and Tennant.

Edited by FFWF

Official synopsis for The Day of The Doctor!

In 2013, something terrible is awakening in London’s National Gallery; in 1562, a murderous plot is afoot in Elizabethan England; and somewhere in space an ancient battle reaches its devastating conclusion. All of reality is at stake as the Doctor’s own dangerous past comes back to haunt him.

http://news.whoviannet.co.uk/2013/11/official-synopsis-for-the-day-of-the-doctor-released/

EDIT: News just in - An Adventure In Space And Time to air at 9pm on 21st November on BBC Two!

• Thumbs Up 5

The Children in Need Doctor Who segment will begin at 7:30pm on the 15th of November with the preview of The Day of The Doctor, as confirmed in the Children in Need BBC trailer.

Do we? Please, elucidate.

...something terrible is awakening in London's National Gallery...

Edited by FFWF

Hooray finally some news! laugh.png 

But anyway this'll be good as I'll be missing the Children in Need preview thing as I'll be at a gig at that time.

Where art thou, Rose? Seriously, Billie hasn't been any interview or image released yet. I am happy about the trailer finally getting a release though.

On the subject of the trailer, I suspect it won't be the trailer, the ComicCon one, but rather a separate one cut for a general audience rather than an exclusive audience of fans.  I may be surprised, though.  It'll be nice to find out.

It's probably a trailer for general audiences. We won't see that Comic Con trailer until the 100th Anniversary.

:P

I predict we'll see footage of Rose in this trailer, assuming they don't keep it all semi-secret for the episode itself. We'll see, I guess.

What's that? You want to see some sneak previews of The Day of The Doctor? Well, looks like you'd better start using...

HASHTAGS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X80Xq-sHwIw

Yes, as Matt Smith so subtly explains in this video, the #SaveTheDay hashtag has finally taken on a bit of purpose aside from us doing lots of free advertising for the BBC. For every time the hashtag is used, more of the TARDIS will build, and previews of the 50th anniversary special will be unlocked...

What are you waiting for? Get out there and #SaveTheDay!

• Thumbs Up 2

Ok so as some of you may know in roughly 2 weeks time me and The Eleventh Doc are both going to the 50th celebration in London. Well I've finally decided after years of planning to finally make myself a Fourth Doctor costume.

Prepare your eyes.

1374878_677719992238984_335476325_n.jpg?

The coat is only temporary until the actual one arrives.

Edited by Crime Boss Davros
  • Thumbs Up 3

I still think it's funny that for the 50th anniversary episode Moffat decided to include a character who's an actual parody of a Doctor Who fan.

Where art thou, Rose? Seriously, Billie hasn't been any interview or image released yet. I am happy about the trailer finally getting a release though.

I've heard it suggested that Rose's role in the episode is something we aren't expecting and so any shot of her would be a spoiler.  With that said, we do have an unofficial photograph of her stunt double in costume, which suggests... something very much of that kind?  (Click at your own risk, non-specific but clearly spoilery material within.)

http://i.imgur.com/BsMMJUz.png

I still think it's funny that for the 50th anniversary episode Moffat decided to include a character who's an actual parody of a Doctor Who fan.

I don't know, that scarf isn't anywhere near long enough laugh.png But yeah I hope that they don't go too far with the stereotypical fan kind of portrayal (think runny nose, lack of social skills etc.) 

nowifonlytombakerwaswearingthatscarf

SO, a teeny tiny clip of The Day of the Doctor has been released(/leaked?). It doesn't tell much that wasn't already known but even so, whooo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATDG6qK_JQ

'Elizabeth's credentials, Doctor...'

Does anyone else think that looks a lot of Gallifrey? 

EDIT 3:

tumblr_mveiyrlN4F1s3cklmo1_500.jpg

Wasn't up for long, BBC have taken it down.

It's an official clip, appearing on an unofficial channel. I suspect it's been leaked from the SaveTheDay website that went up yesterday.

EDIT: There is another clip going around as well, haven't found a video link yet but here's some images. Nothing really spoilerific. 

dayofthedoctor-fez-a.jpg

clara-doctor-fez-day.jpg

doctor-fez-day-b.jpg

The Fez returns!

EDIT 2: Another clip! This time not from the 50th Special, but from Brian Cox's The Science of Doctor Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJctwjlZvs

Edited by Gatestormer
  • Thumbs Up 1

The BBC have confirmed on the DW Twitter that The Day of The Doctor will air at 19:50 in he UK!

Also, BBC Three is having a Doctor Who Live immediately after. The Episode After Party, it's called.

Edited by The Eleventh Doctor

Also, BBC Three is having a Doctor Who Live immediately after. The Episode After Party, it's called.

Which we will be missing out on laugh.png