Awoo.

Doctor Who

Patticus

Here's what you get in Thursday's issue of Doctor Who Magazine:

dwm-467-all.jpg

Bumper issue, Art Cards, Classic styled mini issue.

And, Steven Moffat has said the 50th will be 'Dark and redefining", he also talks a little on his future on the show.

Talking to THR, he said:

It’s quite a dark episode. It’s quite a serious episode. We start to move the Doctor into a place, and you’ll start to see we’ve been moving him into that direction for a while.”

“The question was: what was the most important thing that happened to the Doctor, the day the Doctor won’t forget. It will redefine him.”

He adds: “I knew what I wanted to accomplish. It is a tremendous challenge to attach 50 to anything. I wanted it to be the show that ensures the next 50 years. And it celebrates the legend.”

As for Moffat’s future on the show as lead writer, he said: “I honestly don’t know. I have no intentions to leave.”

Hey, y'know that thing that Moffat said we all missed? The plot device that will allow the Doctor to regenerate more? Well, that glowing red Chao---Er, I mean diamond, in the trailer certainly looked important...

Edited by InfinityAlex

So "The Moment" is literally the equivalent of pushing the big red button which you should absolutely under no circumstance press 

Except you know it's a pretty red gemstone button this time around because SCI-FI

That was fuckin' great... and make me squee like hell. :D

That

totally wasn't the Doctor I was expecting! So great to see Paul McGann... and since this is regeneration produced by someone else, I suppose this is how it doesn't count as one of the Doctor's regenerations. I hope we will see John Hurt turn into Christopher Eccleston at the end of the 50th special, but I doubt that would happen... :(

To Steven Moffat: Thank you.  I am so glad they actually made this happen.

Plus we have a name for Hurt's Doctor now...

You mean The Warrior? That's what his name will be... hmmm... *strokes chin* The reflection they showed looked like a younger John Hurt, so I imagine this means The Warrior!Doctor was fighting for some time?

You mean The Warrior? That's what his name will be... hmmm... *strokes chin* The reflection they showed looked like a younger John Hurt, so I imagine this means The Warrior!Doctor was fighting for some time?

I think FFWF was actually referring to "The War Doctor", which John Hurt is introduced as in the credits.

EDIT: In other news, more promo shots of Smith, Tennant and Hurt

I still think that this would have been better to have during the actual 50th special. It would have been a lot more special and unexpected.

That was

awesome.

seem to recall McGann denying that he'd appear in the 50th. I guess that's still technically true since this isn't really the actual anniversary episode. Nevertheless, because of this, I can't help but wonder if there's any other surprises in store.

I still really doubt any other pre-2005 Doctors will show up, though, since it's pretty much been confirmed multiple times. Unless there's a huge conspiracy going on. :V

Edited by ElementofChaos

That was

awesome.

seem to recall McGann denying that he'd appear in the 50th. I guess that's still technically true since this isn't really the actual anniversary episode. Nevertheless, because of this, I can't help but wonder if there's any other surprises in store.

I still really doubt any other pre-2005 Doctors will show up, though, since it's pretty much been confirmed multiple times. Unless there's a huge conspiracy going on. :V

Actually, he said he wasn't a part of anything involving the 50th.

If you think about it, what with the names the Eighth gave off before regenerating, did

The Night of the Doctor suddenly make those Big Finish audio dramas canon?

• Thumbs Up 1

If you think about it, what with the names the Eighth gave off before regenerating, did

The Night of the Doctor suddenly make those Big Finish audio dramas canon?

YES! biggrin.png