Awoo.

Sonic 4 leads to domestic abuse

Velotix von Skruviktorrius

Source Video

(Although the whole video is great, the relevant content is from 2:20 onwards.)

So, folks: if it turns out that Sonic 4 sucks, how many more chances will you give the blue blur before you turn your back on him for good?

Personally, so long as a game in the series shows up and appeals to me personally, I'll buy it, even if it takes another 20 years for that to happen.

If I was able to get through '06 and Shadow, Im able to get through anything. Besides, Sonic has been a big inspiration in my life and I can actually say that the franchise has become a part of me. I cant see myself without it.

I'm not one of the people who was asking for a Sonic 4 in the first place, so this is no more likely to turn me away than any other game they could've done.

While I certainly don't deny that Sonic's in a hole, I'm not uniformly dissatisfied. I liked the Rushes, especially the second one, and Unleashed Wii was...ok (Unleashed HD looks pretty good, but I've never played it). If I keep seeing games like those (or better, of course), it's worth sticking around.

I can't really give up on something that's been with me since day one. Plus there are some good posibilities for him in the future.

Honestly, sometimes I envision myself being the lead developer of a Sonic game for once. But hey, that's why they're dreams. :lol:

I've actually been pretty content with Sonic lately. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06 being released one after another left.... an absolutely horrid taste in my mouth, but other than those the Sonic game's I've bought I enjoyed. The Sonic Adventure games were great, although I have grown tired of them, Sonic & the Secret Rings was great fun while it lasted, I loved Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic Rush was pretty fun too. So I'm pretty excited for this, if it's even half as good as the day stages in Unleashed I'll be happy.

Awesome parody from the escapist. lol

But it does justify what has been happening to the series. But mostly points out the fail in Sonic. Sonic isn't that bad that we crawl into our rooms and cry for 5 straight days. When Sonic gets good it's good. That's all I'll say.

I only really hated Sonic 06, Black Knight, and the Rush games. Although if "New Sonic the Hedgehog" fails me, I will be VERY dissapoint. But I doubt I will ever turn my back on Sonic for good. I will continue to play his older games, and try his newer ones, after all, people tell me Adventure1+2-Heroes-Shadow all sucked. And I loved those all. Heck, people tell me the classics suck sometimes. I never listen to other folks input. Sonic will not get many chances from me to get back to classic style quality games, but he will have forever to at least return to adventure style quality.

I permanently turned my back on Sonic Team after seeing the PR for "Shadow the Hedgehog". Since then, I've bought...

Sonic Adventure

Sonic CD

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Sonic Rush

Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic and the Black Knight

So uhh... I don't think I'll bother turning my back on them again. Apparently, I'm a casual gamer and can't go through with a boycott anyway.

I don't waste my money on bad games like other people. If a game isn't good I am no just going to go out and pay for it just because it has Sonic on the front (last game I bought was Heroes). If we feed the failure then it will never learn. Also if you're still being caught in the sonic cycle you need to open your eyes. We're are approaching 10 years of Sonic diarrhea.

Edited by Bubonic Bunny

If this game sucks, I'll give up on any new titles forever. Why? 'cause, for one, SEGA shouldn't be able to screw up Sonic 4. Sonic with a sword or Sonic on an air board is one thing, but this is what Sonic Team does best!!!!

But more so, I'd leave because I've put so much effort into trying to defend the damn thing, and if it does indeed let me down, I'll be kinda pissed.

Now, I know I said the same thing about Unleashed, but... I relatively liked that game. Sure, I've got gripes with it, but I thought as a whole, it was quite fun... sans the quick-time events, some really strenuous werehog levels, and the weird-ass level progression system. So yeah.... I guess that means it takes a lot for me to really give up on a game. All the more reason for me to give up if it really is bad though, I'm guessing...

Edited by EXshad

But more so, I'd leave because I've put so much effort into trying to defend the damn thing, and if it does indeed let me down, I'll be kinda pissed.

If you're putting THAT much effort into discussing a game, whether bashing or defending it. It's too much, regardless of how good the game is when it comes out. Just take a deep breath and talk about it for fun.

As for me. I'm enjoying myself, its like a war movie, except the special effects haven't even started yet. When it got too heated for SatBK and SU for me to just casually talk about it, I picked up and left. I'm not a professional game critic so I don't have to do this for a living, so I don't have to let it get in the way of just having fun whether its enjoying a crummy game or talking to a bunch of angry fans... in other words, I'm just keepin' it 'cool'.

If you're putting THAT much effort into discussing a game, whether bashing or defending it. It's too much, regardless of how good the game is when it comes out. Just take a deep breath and talk about it for fun.

Whenever I try, some asshole meanie comes along and ruins it by nitpicking it to death, and THEN says that the game isn't worth the time because of it, and that he/she will be looking forward to ripping it apart more in the future once new info is available.

Okay, that's sort of an hyperbole, and obviously no one here is an asshole meanie, but.... I'm hot-tempered, and my life ain't exactly coated in frosting and brown sugar right now, so I get fired up kinda easily. But now I just find fun in poking light fun at the pessimists and debating here and there. It's vastly more satisfying :lol:

Edited by EXshad