Awoo.

Something I noticed about the Blaze/Silver/Nega plothole

goodone121

First off, the only game I played that any of them appeared in canonically was Rush, so I may be missing something.

I noticed whether they live in the future or another dimension determines if their world had the same version of some characters as Sonic's, or negative ones.

As well, living in the latter creates intriguing questions for Nega's lineage-that is, what were Maria Nega and Professor Gerald Nega like?

The same question would apply to the Nega Gaias. E.G., would the negative version of Light Gaia (remember, Chip is a nickname Sonic's version received) be like a dark version, or a simple practical joker?

While we may not know the answer to the personality question, they are still intriguing.

Also, the Nocturnus may very well be from the past of the alternate dimension.

Edited by goodone121

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• goodone121

• SuperStingray

• HungryJack

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Eggman Nega is also shown to be a descendant of Eggman in the Rivals games.

Actually, in the thread about her, some people say Blaze is the Nega Sonic.

Edit:SuperStingray, I was saying if Nega lived in the alternate dimension, which would pretty much invalidate that.

Edited by goodone121

Actually, in the thread about her, some people say Blaze is the Nega Sonic.

Edit:SuperStingray, I was saying if Nega lived in the alternate dimension, which would pretty much invalidate that.

And he does, but that doesn't mean both can't be true.

That's some interesting thinking there. I've tried thinking deeply into this, but something else always distracts me.

Blaze has to be alternate dimension Sonic. And Nega is alternate Eggman, I guess. I think Marine was also from that dimension, so what's her negative in Sonic's dimension? Shadow? =/

SEGA still needs some things to be revealed. This whole alternate dimension business is rather confusing.

This just gave me a thought. What if there were 2 Blazes and 2 Negas, each from different dimensions and everyone from the dimension Sonics in has a 'Nega' form in another dimension? That would mean that it would still be possible for Rush and 06 to happen since the Rivals events happen to the Eggman Nega of Sonics dimension and the Rush/Rush Adventure events happen to the Eggman Nega of (Sonic Rush's) Blaze's dimension. Also the events of 06 could've happened to the Blaze of Sonics dimension whereas the Rush/Rush Adventure could've happened in this Blaze's dimension.

An alternate dimension with 1 or 2 like characters doesn't mean it is the direct equvilent of the other universe in any way For all we know Eggman Nega and the Sol Emeralds are the only parralel to draw between the 2 worlds. That is how parallel universes work, the writers can write it any way they like.

I am glad Blaziken has the right idea of how things can happen. I'm not saying this is what has happened, but with alternate dimensions it is completely possible.

In stories, if that kind of thing happens early on with a few characters, it is likely, although not requisite, to happen with everyone.

Blaze has to be alternate dimension Sonic. And Nega is alternate Eggman, I guess. I think Marine was also from that dimension, so what's her negative in Sonic's dimension? Shadow? =/

I figure that Nega versions of characters aren't exact opposites to the originally characters, but instead are the same in some ways while being very much reversed in others.

I'd say Marine would be Nega Tails. She's a cheerful mechanic character...but her cheerfulness in exaggerated to the point of recklessness, and she's still very young in her mechanic skills.

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I think they're just making it up as they go along. The addition of Blaze in Sonic 06 seems like they needed someone to partner up with Silver which just messed up what ever storyline Rush had made. Eggman Nega shouldn't be called Nega because a Nega Someone usually is the opposite of the original.

I don't have much else to back up what ever idea I have about that universe but Marine is more of Cream then Tails and even though Silver has appeared in several games, he has not been seen with Blaze since 06 (and that universe has been erased so they may not even be connected anymore).

In the Blaze topic Phos mentioned how in the early script of Sonic 06 they had profiles of the characters, and Blaze's totally contradicted to how it was in the game!

Blaze styles herself as protector and controller of the Sol Emeralds (which are antithetical to the Chaos Emeralds). She comes from another dimension, where she plays a role similar to that of Sonic and Knuckles combined. Normally very cool and collected, deep down, she harbors very real emotions. If she is angered and loses her composure, she can be a frightening woman indeed. She is shy and withdrawn, and puts up walls between herself and other people. (As a result, she ends up building up upon her own secret feelings.) Typcially, she wears a cape. This is to hide the fact that her body can control flames, which she was treated strangely for when she was younger, and so she makes a point to only use it when necessary. When push comes to show, though, she will toss of her cape and become quite proactive indeed. She has a rather unique costume on under her cape, and it also seems that she is bothered by underendowed chest (comments on which will rouse her anger).

So let's just say SEGA messed up, forgot about it and there's only Blaze from the Rush series that counts! 8D

That leaves Eggman Nega unresolved...

I once heard a rumor that the story of 06 was going to tie in with Sonic Rush, but when the Wii version was canceled they scrapped that part of the storyline. A few tidbits from the original story were left in, such as Blaze's "Blue hedgehog" quote and her appearance after Kingdom Valley with Sonic and Silver. The Sol Emeralds were supposed to be connected to Solaris and Soleanna somehow.

This is just a rumor, though. I have no source and no date from when I remember this. Make of it what you will.

Edited by HungryJack

I once heard a rumor that the story of 06 was going to tie in with Sonic Rush, but when the Wii version was canceled they scrapped that part of the storyline. A few tidbits from the original story were left in, such as Blaze's "Blue hedgehog" quote and her appearance after Kingdom Valley with Sonic and Silver. The Sol Emeralds were supposed to be connected to Solaris and Soleanna somehow.

This is just a rumor, though. I have no source and no date from when I remember this. Make of it what you will.

I've long wondered if Blaze was supposed to be descended from Elise somehow...though I really don't know if different species of humanoids can reproduce like that in the Sonic Universe.

Blaze's fire powers coming from Solaris would a certain amount of sense.

Oh great. Now we have the Wii version's cancellation to blame for this plothole...and I was just annoyed they didn't release it, period!

Yes, I know it's just a rumor. But it really does make sense, considering all the "Sol" (sun) prefixes. I also remember hearing something about the story being connected to "Blaze's World" and Sonic Rush.

That would have been really neat, though, to see how the story would've turned out if they connected it to Sonic Rush, whether they were actually planning to or not. It's not like the player would need to play Sonic Rush. Surely the player would understand that Sonic's gone around saving the world before, and the reference to Blaze is just something he encountered on one of his many previous adventures. Who knows, maybe we could even have had a new story arc, instead of the somewhat random, disconnected (and contradicting) plotlines we had through 2006 and 2007. >_>

Why would that part of the story be scrapped alongside the Wii version? I guess tying in with Rush makes sense. Also, the Sol Emeralds with Soleanna and Solaris... yes, there is an undeniable connection there, could it really be coincidence?

I'm starting to think Sonic 2006 could have been about Blaze originally... Damn you rumours! But it's really stupid; yet another unfinished part of the game...

I'm starting to think Sonic 2006 could have been about Blaze originally

Yeah, I would love to find out what the original story was supposed to be, if there was one. Like what if Blaze was originally the one who had Iblis' flame inside her? Furthermore, what if Blaze was originally supposed to be the Princess of Soleanna? What if Soleanna was supposed to be in Blaze's world? There are definitely some possibilities here.

Yeah, I would love to find out what the original story was supposed to be, if there was one. Like what if Blaze was originally the one who had Iblis' flame inside her? Furthermore, what if Blaze was originally supposed to be the Princess of Soleanna? What if Soleanna was supposed to be in Blaze's world? There are definitely some possibilities here.

Hoo boy, that puts some adorable SonBlaze images in my head. :lol:

...That makes an absurd amount of sense, come to think of it. :blink: If that was the case, though, why did they decide to give the role to an entirely new character?

Could you imagine if the story played out the same with Blaze in Elise's role and...um... someone else in Blaze's, though? I can't imagine the "fluffy" scenes between Sonic and Blaze to be as well... "fluffy" as they were with Elise. I know Elise was somewhat reserved, but I just can't imagine Blaze... rolling across the ground and laughing with Sonic, or getting kidnapped once, let alone the amount of times Elise did...

Oh gods, and imagine the infamous "kiss of life" scene! I'd imagine Blaze would be much more awkward and flustered about it than Elise was, and then there'd be Amy's reaction... Heck, there'd be the fanbase's reaction!

I think it'd be really interesting to know how the plot would have panned out, if Blaze was the Princess of Soleanna, if that was originally planned... I wonder why they'd change it as much as they did... Maybe they didn't think a game about Blaze would be suitable for Sonic's 15th anniversary game?

Oh gods, and imagine the infamous "kiss of life" scene! I'd imagine Blaze would be much more awkward and flustered about it than Elise was, and then there'd be Amy's reaction... Heck, there'd be the fanbase's reaction!

...I know what my reaction would be. I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing for weeks. :lol: