Awoo.

Fucking you Firefox

Sean

Firefox won't let me access SSMB, I'm using shitty IE version 6 because I never bothered to get any other browser.

Most of the time it leads me to a "page cannot be displayed," but other times I get this:

400 Bad Request

nginx/0.7.61

Please tell me what's wrong...!! I don't want to live with non-transparent PNG files in my face forever.

Firefox won't let me access SSMB, I'm using shitty IE version 6 because I never bothered to get any other browser ever.

Most of the time it leads me to a "page cannot be displayed," but other times I get this:

Please tell me what's wrong...!! I don't want to live with non-transparent PNG files in my face forever.

Hmn, well one thing that helps me when I have this kind of problem (not particularly with Sonic Stadium but other sites) is simply going into Firefox, then going to Tools and go to "Clear History", and to be on the safe side just clear everything. I warn this will erase all auto-saved passwords and you'll have to write them back in and form fills and your recently viewed pages, but if you haven't tried it already it will give firefox a clean slate and it will probably work. If it doesn't though, well I'll see if I can look a little deeper to help.

EDIT: Googled it a bit and found this thread on the matter: http://marc.info/?l=nginx&m=121991334206140&w=2

Hope that helps a bit, but it seems a little complicated. It seems that the problem is it's not getting the Sonic Stadium Server Name.

Edited by Dusk The Hedgehog Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Try clearing your cache and cookies and try again.

@blackarms: We don't use that feature, so it's not that ;p It's more likely this, or something along these lines: http://orensol.com/2009/01/18/nginx-and-weird-400-bad-request-responses/

We've been refactoring how our sites handle cookies so you only send them to the sites (and soon, parts of sites) that actually use them. As a result you'll likely have duplicate cookies for each of the affected sites, which will bump up the size (and potentially cause conflicts for that matter).

I cleared my cache and cookies, but the problem persisted. However, I ran Spybot and TrendMicro and was led to no results, yet afterward I was able to access SSMB again. Problem solved I guess.

Well I'm thinking about getting Chrome or something anyway, Firefox hasn't exactly been reliable on my end lately.