Awoo.

Sonic Rivals 1 & 2, Shadow, Sonic 2006, Unleashed, NotW, Riders 1 & 2, Heroes, Adventure, Rush, and SASASRWBK prototype and concept stuffs

HunterTSF

Oh lawd. In the time since the last post, I've found more assets for Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Sonic Unleashed. For fun's sake, I'll start in reverse order!

VisionScape created the CGI cutscenes featured in Sonic Heroes, modeling and animating both the characters and environment.

visionscape.jpg

The official name for the Eggman dummy is "Eggman in da box". No, I'm not kidding.

Aoki Studios also had a demo reel, which I plan on uploading to YouTube shortly. If there's a demand for it, perhaps I can bundle all of this concept artwork together up for download when I'm done!

While i was looking at some of the Sonic heroes pics norton+firefox said that the site was UNSAFE. Just to let everyone know. Anyways good finds on all of these artworks. :)

I posted this in the old thread but no one replied, but did anyone else recognize the music in the third video (the one from Shadow)?

http://www.fistik.com/cemre_website_2010/images/animations/Sonic1.html

:D

The one with Doom? Yes it was the Lion King wasn't it? Made me fall in love with the film all over again. Fits better than the actual music doesn't it?

Amidst my epic quest to steal upload all Hunter's finds to the Sonic wiki, there are a few choice pieces I wanted to call to everyone's attention particularly:

Shadow_Concept_Macomber9.JPG

Who messed up the level order in Shadow? Death Ruins, Glyphic Canyon, then... Glyphic Canyon again?

Unleashed_Blog_Concept_2.jpg

Top left. One possible design for Chip was as a flicky, maybe? (Also some kinda flying snake?! Badass!)

Unleashed_Blog_Concept_10.jpg

...and one possible design for the Werehog was Cousin It. LOL.

Top left. One possible design for Chip was as a flicky, maybe? (Also some kinda flying snake?! Badass!)

Chansey? Ditto? Spyro? Bubsy the Bobcat? Michigan J. Frog?

Man, Chip could've been awesome.

Also, a snake with fairy wings?

206Dunsparce.png

"Want some chocolate?"

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 2

Amidst my epic quest to steal upload all Hunter's finds to the Sonic wiki, there are a few choice pieces I wanted to call to everyone's attention particularly:

Shadow_Concept_Macomber9.JPG

Who messed up the level order in Shadow? Death Ruins, Glyphic Canyon, then... Glyphic Canyon again?

Unleashed_Blog_Concept_10.jpg

...and one possible design for the Werehog was Cousin It. LOL.

Never seen the Shadow one before but those Unleashed ones were discovered some time before Unleashed's release, they're still pretty cool to look at again though.

The Shadow one might be Sky Troops? Considering it's just Glyphic Canyon when it goes up in the air, it makes sense.

Nonetheless, great stuff, the music for the original "Sonic Appears" bit in the early 06 opening is so awesome, why couldn't they have used that somewhere in the game? :(

Expansion concept art pack released!

expansionpack1.jpg

Get it while it's hot!

I apologize for not being able to find much since my last update, but it's still a decent package nonetheless. I also can't help but notice that AAUK's Sonic Wrecks cycles some unreleased promotional artwork for the background images... they all have watermarks on them, though. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

A few of those came from the Art Assets DVD that was "dumped" a while back. I can post some of them without the watermarks if you'd like.

A few of those came from the Art Assets DVD that was "dumped" a while back. I can post some of them without the watermarks if you'd like.

Actually, that's where I grabbed them from! I'm still curious as to how DRX obtained those...

I'd also like to ask AAUK if it'd be possible for him to release some of the artworks featured in his site's banners and backgrounds, but he's probably busy with all of the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing shenanigans now. :P

Edited by HunterTSF

PLEASE GET TO THE SONIC ADVENTURE ONES.

Nonetheless, nice finds.

Hmm? I did - you can grab the Sonic Adventure concept artwork in the original concept art pack I posted, available here.

Big and E-102γ sure had quite a few design changes, and the Egg Carrier concept artworks are positively awesome!

I'd also like to ask AAUK if it'd be possible for him to release some of the artworks featured in his site's banners and backgrounds, but he's probably busy with all of the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing shenanigans now. :P

Which ones as actually I don't think they're in anyway unknown artworks.

Which ones as actually I don't think they're in anyway unknown artworks.

Ah - not unknown, rather "unreleased in a digital format in such a high resolution". The Sonic Rivals 2 Blue Coast background artwork hasn't been seen anywhere aside from a few advertisements and the back of the game's boxart. The same goes for the majority of the backgrounds featured in the images - such as the widescreen version of the Sonic Battle jagged-edged boxart backdrop, the Sonic Heroes "tri-color lines in the sky" artwork, and the blueprint photo of Megalo Station featured on the Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story Zero Gravity Tracks album. The brand-spankin' new Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing artwork also hasn't been released to the public in a digital format in such a high definition yet.

sonicwreckscollage.jpg

Old character artwork, but sexy high quality background artwork.

And yes, I spent an hour pressing the refresh button on my browser just so I could manually collect all 25 background images.

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

AAUK, a few months ago you talked about a concept-art of Shade without her helmet, do you think you can post it please?

Also, does someone has a bigger version of this?

np04a.jpg

Ah - not unknown, rather "unreleased in a digital format in such a high resolution". The Sonic Rivals 2 Blue Coast background artwork hasn't been seen anywhere aside from a few advertisements and the back of the game's boxart. The same goes for the majority of the backgrounds featured in the images - such as the widescreen version of the Sonic Battle jagged-edged boxart backdrop, the Sonic Heroes "tri-color lines in the sky" artwork, and the blueprint photo of Megalo Station featured on the Sonic Riders: Shooting Star Story Zero Gravity Tracks album. The brand-spankin' new Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing artwork also hasn't been released to the public in a digital format in such a high definition yet.

sonicwreckscollage.jpg

Old character artwork, but sexy high quality background artwork.

And yes, I spent an hour pressing the refresh button on my browser just so I could manually collect all 25 background images.

Wow, sucks there's more than 25 then! Lol... in actuality I've just this moment added SEGA Superstars, Sonic 06 and Sonic Mega Collection. In terms of creation in most of those instances its me and a LOT of patience - though very rarely a layered PSD goes on SEGA Press which is always handy! The Riders one is actually Riders 1 and the bg you speak of is actually the same as featured in the background of all the wallpapers and posters.

Adamis - Hmm, I do have that Shade non-helmet concept artwork.... somewhere as I have all the files for what would've been a Sonic Chronicles artwork book for SoS 08 much like the SoS 09 book was. Might even have the piece you show there. I'd have to wade through my media archive though. Once the Concept Art section on Wrecks goes up it'll probably find a home.

Wow, sucks there's more than 25 then! Lol... in actuality I've just this moment added SEGA Superstars, Sonic 06 and Sonic Mega Collection.

Oh, sweet! I'll be sure to grab them!

...hoping that I'll be able to run into them out of 28 random images. F5 F5 F5! :ph34r:

EDIT: Woah, thanks for the news feature! That was mighty nice of you AAUK - why are you so awesome? You're like the S0L of SEGA.

(Which in actuality is a horrible compliment seeing as you've been a part of the community far longer than he has, but you get the idea.)

Edited by HunterTSF

AAUK: It would be really awesome if you could find those two pieces of artwork, thanks in advance :)

Wait, who's that black colored Echidna?

That would be Angelus, AAUK's online avatar.

But you said this was in All Stars Racing.

None of these images appear in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (aside from some assorted artworks of Sonic). This is merely a collage of the backgrounds featured on Sonic Wrecks - one of which just happens to feature Sonic's SASASR artwork.

On an unrelated note, I searched high and low for a higher definition version of Adamis' artwork but to no avail. Joel MacMillan doesn't showcase any of his Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood artwork on his portfolio, and I can't locate his works anywhere else. D:

Edited by HunterTSF

It's easier to find stuff from Shadow onwards I suppose. There's a lot of things from SA, SA2 or Heroes that doesn't exist in digital format, like badnik artwork (which I've seen in small images over at the GHZ or official guides but nowhere else.

Since this topic is discussing Sonic art, I wondered if anyone could tell me where this piece of art is from -

sega-sonic-sonic-the-hedgehog-7984330-800-600.jpg

Judging by the date it looks to have been made around the Saturn era

Found it here -

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/sonic-the-hedgehog/images/7984330/title/sega-sonic

There is alot of fan art there but this one looks official unless I'm wrong.