Awoo.

Sonic 4: Ultra Sonic?

vgmaster

In Sonic 2, Super Sonic made his debut. Then in sonic 3&K, Hyper Sonic made his appearence. Will another form of Sonic appear in Sonic 4? In the Sonic fanbase, Ultra sonic is the name of an even stronger version of Hyper Sonic. In S3&K, Hyper Sonic used a double jumping attack. What could an Ultra Sonic possibly use?

A Kamehameha.

Honestly anything beyond what Hyper Sonic could do would break the gameplay beyond enjoyment in a classic style game.

Edited by Dat Kool Bat Guy

OH GOD PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T SO.

NO. No more fucking power-ups. Sonic is already very strong as he is.

Ultra Sonic? Lame

Super Saiyan 3 Sonic? AWWWWWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH

No, no more super power upgrades. The storybook titles can carry on with them, but they don't need to add anything here. It's doubtful that there'll be anything more than Chaos Emeralds anyway.

God no. To me, Hyper Sonic was too much, and I'm glad it only got used in one game. To add another form on top of that? It'd be setting the series up for DBZ-styled power level madness. You start adding more forms and making them stronger and stronger, and eventually you've got guys who can blow out the sun by sneezing on it, and what then? What then?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hyper sonic was cool but doing the double jump made my eyes go blind because of the flash.

If they were to add the feature i'd say remove the colorchanging + flash double jump and give him a new cool design/form and double jump without flash

Edited by Jaouad

Wouldn't SSJ3 Sonic lose his eyebrows or something? I mean he doesn't have eyebrows anyway, so maybe he'll just lose all the hair that isn't on his spines/hair.

It would be like watching a zombie eat their own head. Naked. Really really horrible.

• Thumbs Up 1

No, just no, Hyper Sonic was already too much and after you unlocked him in S3&k you could breeze through the levels without even trying. Super Sonic would do just fine, and I have to agree with Solid SOAP on this one, I'd also be surprised if we'd even get to play as Super Sonic in normal levels.

God no. To me, Hyper Sonic was too much, and I'm glad it only got used in one game. To add another form on top of that? It'd be setting the series up for DBZ-styled power level madness. You start adding more forms and making them stronger and stronger, and eventually you've got guys who can blow out the sun by sneezing on it, and what then? What then?!

This is why Sonic Chronicles' "Argus" still fills me with malaise.

Ultra Sonic? No, I think Hyper Sonic alone is pretty overrated. Just give me a playable in-level Super Sonic and I'll be happy.

Oh yeah Ultra Sawik! Sawik becomes a rainbow! XD

I think we should just stick to Super Sonic. Hyper Sonic was a silly step up. lol

lol, Ultra Sonic sounds sorta cool, but no thanks. Not here. I just wanna see Super Sonic return (though I hope you can trigger him in a better way than "pressing jump twice"...)

I'd much rather see Darkspines revived than to see anything beyond Hyper make an appearance. Hell, even Hyper forms in themselves simply disgust me.

Why are people so against Hyper? It's just what happens when you have more than seven emeralds to collect. It hardly looks different from Super, and they had to do something with the special stages in the S&K half of the game. I don't even consider it another transformation.

^ It's just a bit much in terms of gameplay. Though I do love Hyper from a design standpoint, actually seeing it in another game would feel incredibly jarring after this. I mean, you can't get any more overpowered than that.

Edited by Black Spy

I don't like Hyper Sonic because his color scheme isn't as good to look at as Super Sonic's shift from yellow to white, and those sparkles make him take up too much screen space.

One thing I've never understood- if each emerald contains infinite power in themselves, why does Sonic need more than one to transform?

One thing I've never understood- if each emerald contains infinite power in themselves, why does Sonic need more than one to transform?
Having infinite energy doesn't necessarily mean it can release it all at once. An infinite amount of water released a cup at a time will still take a long time to fill a swimming pool.

Though there does seem to be something special about having all 7, with all the talk of miracles and wishes associated with them. The output of seven emeralds is not equal to the output of six plus the output of one...

Don't even consider it unless the Zones are LITTERED with Rings. If you got the name from reading a fanfic called "Ultimate Miracle", that's my work. Where are you going to find 500 Rings?

As for PLAYING as Ultra, his new power should be Moon Jump. How could Sonic Team make the Master Emerald Special Stages almost impossible to be the ultimate test of skill? Again, if you're referring to my Ultra Sonic, he's too big! Seven feet tall with super-long quills. How would you model that?

Because when all 7 come together a mircle occurs... Sonic, who has quills that are quite flat, can't seem to get any volume into them. So he has to use the miraculous powers of 7 Gems to get his hair standing up right and add a nice shine to it. *shot*

• The title was changed to Sonic 4: Ultra Sonic?