Awoo.

Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!

Matriculated

AHHH! This (found on Retro) scared the shit out of me. Like a creepy bigfoot image:

2e0mp6q.png

The heads of the TWO guys who leaked the footage. Left: filmer, right: player

Creepy.

What's creepy about it? It's a reflection of the players.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's creepy about it? It's a reflection of the players.

Yeah, but now it's a conspiracy.

Edited by Cephrien

... I gotta wonder just how many people have playtested the game, and why impressions were only given by one person.

... I gotta wonder just how many people have playtested the game, and why impressions were only given by one person.

Because most people like being employed.

Ruby may have settled this peacefully with Endri but had this happened with any other company that wasn't already infamous for leaks like this the consequences would have been much more dire.

Edited by Dat Kool Bat Guy

AHHH! This (found on Retro) scared the shit out of me. Like a creepy bigfoot image:

2e0mp6q.png

The heads of the TWO guys who leaked the footage. Left: filmer, right: player

Creepy.

Tomorrow, SEGA will make headlines by firing two of their Sasquatch employees, leading to international debate about the acceptance of cryptids in the workforce.

...it's bizarre; how on earth did SEGA manage to not leak any of this up until the title reveal? It's like they outsourced their security to someone else up until that point, after which they just reverted back to their usual policy because they'd safely delivered one big surprise.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

...it's bizarre; how on earth did SEGA manage to not leak any of this up until the title reveal? It's like they outsourced their security to someone else up until that point, after which they just reverted back to their usual policy because they'd safely delivered one big surprise.

I thought the title WAS leaked. And several times at that.

I thought the title WAS leaked. And several times at that.

Hrm. That’s true, I suppose, and the zone names (well, Splash Hill, anyway) were as well. I guess I just forgot about most of those times because “Sonic 4” seemed so obvious; anyone could’ve made that up and been right.

What was leaked was still really close to the last minute, though, and there wasn't anything like what we're getting now; no screenshots or video. Nothing like the endless cascade of leaks that's plagued, say, ASR. The point stands that SEGA was mostly competent about keeping their secrets for several months after the first announcement, then everything went to hell pretty much in an instant.

Haha this is exactly what I was wondering. We sat in the dark for hundreds of pages of the Project Needlemouse thread, and now it's like you have to carry around an umbrella to avoid the massive amount of sonic 4 leakage gushing out through the cracks.

I keep watching the leaked alpha trailer over and over. The more I watch, the harder it is for me to wrap my brain around the idea of the game being that close to playing like Sonic Advance 2. It's true that there is very little footage, but I feel it's just enough to give a hint as to how most of the game plays. The speed needs toning down, and there is seriously something up with the jump and the physics, but those are the only issues I could spot. There are two springs in that little video that to me hint to multiple paths. The player was a bit schitzophrenic too, completely rocketing over the bridge with the fishbots, and that little stunt that earner him a motobug related shanking. What on earth was he doing on that spring below the loop? He was to jump happy, and I dunno about you, but I usually don't have my thumb on "Right" 100 percent of the time anyways. I usually ease up on it every now and then to make sure I don't make stupid mistakes. Sonic Rush Sonic wouldn't last a minute in the original Sonic 1. Still... if the rest of the game does resemble that alpha build... slow Sonic down a notch and fix the phsyics, and I have the "New Sonic the Hedgehog" I been waiting for since Sonic Advance 1.

Why tone down the speed? Sonic didnt look like he was going varry fast, even compared to Sonic 1.

He was way quicker in thos alfa then sonic 1- 3. I think he is to fast right now actually.

Why tone down the speed? Sonic didnt look like he was going varry fast, even compared to Sonic 1.

While I don't think Sonic's top speed is a problem, he looks like he accelerates too quickly. I think it would be better if they capped what he was able to reach without assistance; i.e springs, boosters and slopes.

This is just my impression from the footage though. I could be wrong, or it could be different when the game's released.

Edited by The Soldier

Ah! so tone down the accelaration, not the speed, cause i want it to be like sonic 2 where i go so fast the camera loses track of me, like in chemical plant zone.

Acceleration definitely needs toning down, but max speed shouldn't be that high either. The only reason you went so fast in chemical plant is because that level was designed for speed with all those slopes and whatnot.

First people complain he looks too slow... now he's too fast...

I can understand the acceleration issue, but Sonic is SONIC!! He's suppose to be fast... if you can't handle the speed don't play Sonic. When I think Sonic I think Speed and the faster he is the better in my opinion. I rather have him be fast as hell on a 2D platformer then have him be fast in a game like Sonic 06... the speed stages were so bad AMIRITE!!??

Edited by Lunar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd rather have just right in both dimensions.

Edited by Lando The Bat

I think i understand, you dont want it to be like in sonic unleashed where youd go so fast sometimes that you wouldent be able to react quick enough.

Personaly id like sonic to go alittle slower then unleashed, but i dont think there should be to much of a limit on his top speed, just make it harder to reach.

Edited by Eternlo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!