Awoo.

Leaked Gameplay Footage of Sonic 4!

Matriculated

Whoo, more gameplay! This looks awesome so far! :D

If they make the physics a little less crazy and fix some of the glitches I noticed such as Sonic having a hard time making it up the loop

To me, it looked like the only reason he was having a hard time was because he was jumping so much.

And for anyone who wants a closer look at the wheel-o-feet:

sonicfeet.png

I LOVE how they bridged the gap between old and new, gave every act a specific title, and used a deep-blue paradise like scenario, the way Sonic's first zone (and title screen) is supposed to be.

Very happy indeed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think there's also a jump cancel we see when the guy has trouble on the spring.

That was the homing attack in action my friend. Let's just hope it isn't too effective at moving around.

And near the beginning of the gameplay, you see him run off a ledge, fall normally then go into a jumping animation. Either a normal reflex from falling or you get to go into a spin while in the air.

It's an alpha, think of Crackers with stuff that moves.
Yeah, but even though they have time to get it right, there's no guarantee that they will. I'm not convinced it'll be bad, just worried.

The large stage select screen hints at a sunset act for Splash Hill Zone.

Looks like that's it right there in this screenshot from 1up:

267.jpg

...pretty background, there!

Also, is it just me, or did Sonic use the bounce attack at around midway through the vid?

Was that when he bounced on the Spring before the first loop? because whoever was playing used the Homing Attack on the Spring after already bouncing off of it.

Did I just see..... around 1:05... FIGURE 8 RUNNING ANIMATION!!!!

THEY DID IT THE CRAZY BASTARDS. This leak has me more excited than complaining, it looks like a lot of fun the way it is now. I'll pretend like any physics issues are down to the alpha build. For now. If those aren't fixed come July though, this will resemble an Advance game more than a 16-bit title.

Fuck, Phos was right. I'm heading to the bunker.

There's no time to lose Bat-face. I'm going too.

I'm not happy with either the heavy rehash or the Dimps part.

Edited by redmenace

Four levels. FOUR.

Three of them remakes.

And the Special Zone, as a remake.

And a remade Newtron.

And godawful music.

And hold right into springs into hold right into springs into hold right into boostpad into SONIC RUSH THREE.

hugeraeg.png

• Bad Quality Post 3

Was that when he bounced on the Spring before the first loop? because whoever was playing used the Homing Attack on the Spring after already bouncing off of it.

Nah, it was near the end, on the spring before the last loop. THough, I'm more inclined to think it was just the homing attack. I bet this game just uses the D-pad and one button to perform all its in-game actions, like the classics. And while a side of me likes that, another side of me hopes that it's not the case, so minor problems with the classics can be addressed (such as jumping twice to turn into Super Sonic, even if you don't want to).

Four levels. FOUR.

Three of them remakes.

And the Special Zone, as a remake.

And a remade Newtron.

And godawful music.

And hold right into springs into hold right into springs into hold right into boostpad into SONIC RUSH THREE.

This is NOTHING like Sonic Rush 3. Maybe a remake of Sonic 1. But if you think it's Sonic Rush 3, you need more than your eyes checked. Besides, there's plenty of multiple paths.

Edited by EXshad

Why is it that always when theese videos leaks, the dude playing is awfull at the game? It does not matter if it's Sonic, CoD och freaking Tony Hawk..they always stink. This guy likes to jump. He jumps over the springs, and the speedbooster. And jumps, jumps, jumps up the hill...Use the spin-dash instead =P

Okay, I'm still interested in knowing more about this game, but it's not looking too well for me at the moment.

The physics seem to be a little too floaty when Sonic jumps. He also seemed to stick to the curves as if gravity doesn't have too strong an effect on him. But that's really my only complaint so far...well that and the Green Hill Zone 2.0, I hope there's some kind of explanation (or the finished product better be so good that I don't care).

I'm not going to go off the wall here and say the game is going a bad route, I think this is still in the alpha phases. But at least it's not looking anything like Sonic Rush 3. Sonic moves faster than he did in the Classics, but doesn't come anywhere near Rushes' speeds.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

But seriously, what was going on at the last spring over the loop? It doesn't look like a glitch since there's a graphic animation and everything. May be the homing attack.

Just so you know I'm still optimistic about this game even if the physics do like Sonic Rush 3 sans boost. However, since this is leaked alpha footage so I'll give Sega the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer only because they seemed to nail everything else.

Also 6 months 1 week without a leak, not counting however long the game's been in development before that. This is probably the longest Sega has managed to do so with a Sonic game. Kudos,

jokerclap.gif

Edited by Dat Kool Bat Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

I thought that was a photoshopped image from Retro/here...?

... And even if it isn't, he still looks like a total douche...

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone getting a Quartz Quadrant or Sonic 2 Hidden Palace Zone vibe from Lost Labyrinth?

I'm getting a Labyrinth Zone vibe from Lost Labyrinth.

"Definitly not Sonic 1 HD", they said.

:\

I'm going to stop watching TV since the rarecide to go and watch it something like this hits the net.

1UP and Tristan at TSSZ will no doubt be getting in serious trouble with SEGA and Jordan4K6 you will probably have your YouTube video removed and anyone else who YouTube's it.

I'm as usual with these leaks not reporting on it out of respect.

Comments on the video:

Yay at the full speed running animation

Yay at music

Yay at the new badniks

Yay at the title screen

Yay at the zone name/intro opening screen

Yay at the speed

Yay at zone start looking like Sonic 1's

Physics seem to be a bit off like the spring into loop-de-loop which is to be expected but so far so good.

I'm quite impressed with what I've seen.

They've definitely nailed the look of the game and I'm loving the return of the classic "SEEEEEEEEGA". I would've preferred Sonic 2-esque special stages and I'm hoping that there are more than four zones in Episode 1 (though I'm assuming there is, as there's 7 Chaos Emeralds on offer), but aside from that I've got nothing to complain about.

The person playing it does suck though. They're not showing off the game at its best, I'm sure.

So wait...there's three acts, and then a separate boss?

<_<

Kinda lame, Sonic Team. That's not classic-like, that's Sonic Advance-like. Though, if they can throw in some unique Eggman-bots, like the mini-bosses in Sonic 3, or other big enemies like that in addition to just fighting Eggman, it might be cool. Plus, it DOES (artificially) extend the game, I suppose...

• Bad Quality Post 1

But seriously, what was going on at the last spring over the loop? It doesn't look like a glitch since there's a graphic animation and everything. May be the homing attack.

It's just an Alpha-build of the game...im sure Sonic Team will fix it...oh wait..Sonic Team?..fix a "glitch"...oh crap....uhm..At least it does not look like Sonic Rush 3..

I think there's going to be more than 4 zones. Last month some info about the game leaked, at the time it was just dismissed as fake. Since then however, everything in that leak has come true

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/rumour-dutch-fansite-leaks-needlemouse-details-zone-names

-The game IS called Sonic 4

-The game IS released in episodes

-The first level IS Splash Hill Zone

The leak also mentions E.G.G Station Zone. Either there are a minimum of 5 levels or this one piece of information is wrong. As everything else turned out true I don' know why this would be different.