Awoo.

[Fan Series] SatAM Fisher

Roareye Black

SatAM Fisher is a genuine character from the Sonic canon, the SatAM Canon obviously. He appeared in two episodes (Trivia as to why this is so amazing later), including the Series Finale, The Doomsday Project, where he helped ruin Robotnik (He went under the alias Dirk for that mission).

Since the trip to Alton Towers, I have made it my duty to get AAUK to place this classic and unforgettable character back in Sonic 4, just have him ziplining down the background of a Scrap-Brain like level, and then justice will be served.

Now you're likely wondering why should a minor league character like SatAM Fisher get dibs for new game placement when not even Tails and Knuckles seem to be getting as much love? Good question, but the fact is SatAM Fisher is best as background detail, meaning it's easier to fit him in than program a new game mechanic for playable characters. He's also amazing. The amount of things he did in SatAM is unbelievable since he spent a maximum of 3 minutes of screen over the course of two episodes. He already shows more skills than any other Freedom Fighter, including the main cast! Trivia time;

- SatAM Fisher is a master of Espionage.

- SatAM Fisher is skilled at Ziplining (Blast To The Past pt1), flying Robotnik's aircraft (The Doomsday Project), Bomb-construction(The Doomsday Project), Parachuting (The Doomsday Project) and Undercover Ops (Blast To The Past pt1).

- He is the only character in the series to be completely 100% roboticised (Blast To The Past Part 1) and then completely recovered (The Doomsday Project). It is theorised that he may have willingly been roboticised for undercover work, as Sally's mission was deemed successful until his capture and he later returns unrobotic.

- He is once referenced by Sally as Dirk/Pollo. He was with a Rhino, and it wasn't specified which name was his (The Doomsday Project). Sonic and Sally showed no interest or apology for allowing his capture, making his undercover operation seem more likely, and the details of which were only revealed after his mission was a success. This would also explain why they were upset in Blast To The Past and then why they would regain his services for the final strike on Robotnik after he apparently failed the first time.

- He is mentioned to be the Leader of the Southern or Eastern Freedom Fighter movements. How accurate this information is we don't know, as it was under his mission codename of Pollo/Dirk. It is a possibility, as we do not know the status of nor see any other representatives of these movements. The fact he is from another Freedom Fighter cell would also explain why Sonic and Sally would have no knowledge of his undercover mission in Blast To The Past pt1 until after it was a success.

There is the ability for fan artwork on this guy, as I have several pieces underway (One by myself which is crap, one completed awesomeness by Miranda Ketchen and another by Jemnezmy which already rocks :D) so please do join in. See at the top for the Video Trailer for the upcoming series that is being written on him (And if I can get some animators we can make the show! Mwahahaha). I will post all fan arts and such on him here, and all official stuff too! Let's rally support men for this unloved official character, a Blast From The Past himself, SATAM FISHER!

0001thumb.jpg

CLICK FOR LARGER SIZES

Roareye Black.

UPDATES ON SATAM FISHER

TV SHOW

Yes you heard right. There is enough story to make an actual SatAM Fisher TV series. How do I know? Say hello to the script writer for the series! :D

But this isn't just some fan's wet dream, this isn't just a fan-fiction in script format that has no concieveable value. Work has already begun.

TITLE CARD FRAME 1

That image is one frame from the title card of the SatAM Fisher TV show. Those black and green colours rotate round like the blue/yellow ones in the original SatAM title card, and as you can tell by the size of this picture, it is in Full 1080p HD.

That isn't all I have to show for this series' development. It's easy enough to knock together a single large picture. To have a fully working animated series is a very different thing. Well Dark Dreams Studios is currently working on the opening credits (Which have several homages back to the original SatAM intro but with their own distinct flavour) so there's no finalised animations to show. But we do have several rushes (Animated storyboards) for the opening titles.

Opening Credits Rush 01

This rush of the intro should last approximately 8 seconds (I'll spare you the millisecond detail). However this was a test to see if the animation would be smooth, how many frames we need to meet the time requirements and give a rough idea of how the first panning shot would work.

Part 1 is the Forest opening (An HD remake of the forest from the SatAM opening) with Swatbots flying through instead of Sonic blasting out. This has 7 frames in total, but the final will have 22 frames to meet the time requirements and keep the animation smooth.

Part 2 is the quick move up to the forest canopy. There was a similar move on the SatAM opening credits but to the right, achieved using 4 frames of "blur frames", frames of smeared motion blur facing right to give the impression of a fast moving camera, except we're going upwards. This will be 21 frames however, far more than the original SatAM's 4 frames.

Part 3 is the Robotnik Mothership looming over the forest canopy. This is the same mothership from SatAM's original opening and Blast To The Past. This currently has 6 frames to it, however that will be increased to 22 frames.

Like SatAM, the backgrounds in this show will be high quality renders, with the animations of characters in front being a little more basic in colouration.

Hopefully we'll have something more to show you soon. However I'm looking at 13 episodes. I have a voice actor for SatAM Fisher, and I may do Robotnik myself (Unless I find someone better). However I am going to be searching for voices shortly.

Join the Facebook group guys;

SatAM Fisher Facebook Group

Roareye Black.

...are you insinuating that Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, a Sonic Team canon game, should integrate a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series canon?

Such a merging of continuities may result in massive quantities of nerd rage throughout the fanbase. No, this isn't a minor detail such as Sonic's favourite food being chili dogs per se - this is an entire character created and designed for a different series altogether. The integration of such an element, regardless of how minor the character's role was in the original source material, could be problematic. Admittedly, I may not be particularly familiar with the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series, but from my understanding this guy doesn't like Eggman Robotnik (The only human in the world, who has successfully taken over the anthropomorphic animal inhabited land of "Mobius"), and is part of this group called the "Freedom Fighters". These guys infiltrate and destroy Robotnik's bases to prevent him from performing heinous act of "roboticization" on their friends.

The problem is that none of these elements are featured in the games, and the integration of this character would require either the pre-existing Sonic Team canon to be severely altered to give him a purpose - or Sam Fisher would have to be entirely re-written and re-designed as a character to fit in within the series. Eggman doesn't roboticize things, nor does he rule the world. Humans are featured prominently and are the main populace of Earth. Anthropomorphic animals have equal rights as humans, and there's no quarreling between the two (If anything, humans positively <3 the little guys). Technology isn't bad and is openly embraced by both species. The "Freedom Fighters" don't exist, nor would they need to... what would they be fighting? Infiltrating Eggman's bases when he's not plotting any dastardly shenanigans would just be rude. Sally and the rest of the cast don't exist either. He'd have no purpose whatsoever unless you would want to make him a G.U.N. agent or something.

As for a "cameo" in Mad Gear or E.G.G. Station - that's no good. As a character in a stage, he'd canonically be there. Why would he be there? How did he get there? Who is he? You'd have to give him an entirely different backstory, because the events of the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series didn't happen. Which would only make him "Sam Fisher" by appearance, for he would end up being an entirely different character altogether.

LOL SRS BUSINESS

Edited by HunterTSF
  • Thumbs Up 1

...are you insinuating that Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I, a Sonic Team canon game, should integrate a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series canon?

For lulz and giggles. Would be great. It happened in Spinball sufficiently. And regardless the want to add him into Sonic 4 is more a joke aimed at annoying AAUK than something I'm driving for :P If you read my previous post, you'll see that the main goal is in fact a TV series which I've already started production of.

Such a merging of continuities may result in massive quantities of nerd rage throughout the fanbase. No, this isn't a minor detail such as Sonic's favourite food being chili dogs per se - this is an entire character created and designed for a different series altogether. The integration of such an element, regardless of how minor the character's role was in the original source material, could be problematic. Admittedly, I may not be particularly familiar with the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series, but from my understanding this guy doesn't like Eggman Robotnik (The only human in the world, who has successfully taken over the anthropomorphic animal inhabited land of "Mobius"), and is part of this group called the "Freedom Fighters". These guys infiltrate and destroy Robotnik's bases to prevent him from performing heinous act of "roboticization" on their friends.

I couldn't give a shit about nerd rage. The Sonic fanbase is full of retards who focus too much on unneccessary details (OMFG HIS EYES ARE GREEN! GAMEPLAY IS OBVIOUSLY AFFECTED!) . Rather than focus on what could be a fun or humourous aside, we somehow decide to analyse it with a fine-toothed comb to see where in Sonic Reality Canon it may or may not fit. Nobody did that with Rotor, Sally and Bunnie's appearance in Spinball back in 1994, and that's because they were more interested in having fun and recognised this addition as a fun nod to another aspect of Sonic.

The problem is that none of these elements are featured in the games, and the integration of this character would require either the pre-existing Sonic Team canon to be severely altered to give him a purpose - or Sam Fisher would have to be entirely re-written and re-designed as a character to fit in within the series. Eggman doesn't roboticize things, nor does he rule the world. Humans are featured prominently and are the main populace of Earth. Anthropomorphic animals have equal rights as humans, and there's no quarreling between the two (If anything, humans positively <3 the little guys). Technology isn't bad and is openly embraced by both species. The "Freedom Fighters" don't exist, nor would they need to... what would they be fighting? Infiltrating Eggman's bases when he's not plotting any dastardly shenanigans would just be rude. Sally and the rest of the cast don't exist either. He'd have no purpose whatsoever unless you would want to make him a G.U.N. agent or something.

You've misread my topic methinks. This isn't Sam Fisher. This is SatAM Fisher the Bear. Look at the title card image I have in my previous post. It's a frame from the upcoming TV series of SatAM Fisher, which in itself is a fun and cool aside of both SatAM and Splinter Cell. It's a funny and cool reference, not a hardline "We must add Ubisoft characters to Sega games to make epic stories!". Quite the opposite, and I think this is where SSMB and the main Sonic fanbase fail, a SatAM Fisher TV Series would be entertaining. And indeed if he were by some random twist of fate, be incorperated into Sonic 4 it wouldn't require any explanation nor an intimate backstory. It would be like Spinball, a cool aside to something else in the Sonic Universe. But this is for the Bear character that appeared in SatAM, not the human Sam Fisher from splinter Cell.

As for a "cameo" in Mad Gear or E.G.G. Station - that's no good. As a character in a stage, he'd canonically be there. Why would he be there? How did he get there? Why would he be there? Who is he? You'd have to give him an entirely different backstory, because the events of the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series didn't happen. Which would only make him "Sam Fisher" by appearance, for he would end up being an entirely different character altogether.

Why explain anything? Talk about killjoy ideology. A cameo of a bear ziplining down the background of Mad Gear would be freaking cool and hilarious, it wouldn't need any more analysis than "That's fuckin funny", and wouldn't require considering a deep psycho-analytical backstory into the character. It'd be like Sonic CD having loads of projections of Metal Sonic in the Past stages, and one of them he has a sign saying Project Shadow. Or the hidden artwork in that game. It's a cool aside, and requires nothing more than to be acknowledged as such.

LOL SRS BUSINESS

Indeed :P The day I make an online petition for SatAM Fisher to be in Sonic 4 is the day I kill myself.

Seems odd that nobody has replied on the series. Does it require more explaining, or proof this character was in the SatAM series before the SatAM Fisher series was created? O.o

Roareye Black.

For lulz and giggles. Would be great. It happened in Spinball sufficiently. And regardless the want to add him into Sonic 4 is more a joke aimed at annoying AAUK than something I'm driving for :P If you read my previous post, you'll see that the main goal is in fact a TV series which I've already started production of.

As much as I do love lulz, giggles, and AAUK pestering, there's an entire continuity on the line here! That one little cameo could very well bring the end of the world as we know it!!1!

I couldn't give a shit about nerd rage. The Sonic fanbase is full of retards who focus too much on unneccessary details (OMFG HIS EYES ARE GREEN! GAMEPLAY IS OBVIOUSLY AFFECTED!) . Rather than focus on what could be a fun or humourous aside, we somehow decide to analyse it with a fine-toothed comb to see where in Sonic Reality Canon it may or may not fit. Nobody did that with Rotor, Sally and Bunnie's appearance in Spinball back in 1994, and that's because they were more interested in having fun and recognised this addition as a fun nod to another aspect of Sonic.

We may have not done that then (Seeing as the SoA continuity is pretty much all we had to go by), but we certainly are now. Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball is definitely a noncanon title - it was developed exclusively by the Sega Technical Institute, not by Sonic Team. Not to mention that none of the characters or other elements featured in that game have either been alluded to or featured in any future definite canon titles, aside from pinball mechanics in pinball-esque minigames.

You've misread my topic methinks. This isn't Sam Fisher. This is SatAM Fisher the Bear. Look at the title card image I have in my previous post. It's a frame from the upcoming TV series of SatAM Fisher, which in itself is a fun and cool aside of both SatAM and Splinter Cell. It's a funny and cool reference, not a hardline "We must add Ubisoft characters to Sega games to make epic stories!". Quite the opposite, and I think this is where SSMB and the main Sonic fanbase fail, a SatAM Fisher TV Series would be entertaining. And indeed if he were by some random twist of fate, be incorperated into Sonic 4 it wouldn't require any explanation nor an intimate backstory. It would be like Spinball, a cool aside to something else in the Sonic Universe. But this is for the Bear character that appeared in SatAM, not the human Sam Fisher from splinter Cell.

Oh, sorry about that! ^_^ I just assumed that he coincidentally shared the name of the protagonist of Splinter Cell after watching your pilot video. And I'm sure an spin-off starring Fisher would be quite awesome - I'd be all for that!

Why explain anything? Talk about killjoy ideology. A cameo of a bear ziplining down the background of Mad Gear would be freaking cool and hilarious, it wouldn't need any more analysis than "That's fuckin funny", and wouldn't require considering a deep psycho-analytical backstory into the character. It'd be like Sonic CD having loads of projections of Metal Sonic in the Past stages, and one of them he has a sign saying Project Shadow. Or the hidden artwork in that game. It's a cool aside, and requires nothing more than to be acknowledged as such.

I would analyze that to pieces. Keep in mind that some crazy people in this fanbase (namely myself) have performed character analysis on ridiculously minor characters such Omochao, and have connected Traveling Salesman Wentos and Ciccio with the events of Sonic the Hedgehog. And the concept of Metal Sonic holding a Project Shadow sign would be positively mind-blowing. Mass speculation and confusion would ensue... did Metal Sonic travel to Space Colony ARK during the past of Sonic the Hedgehog CD, and inform Eggman about Professor Gerald's works 50 years later, resulting in Eggman releasing Shadow from Prison Island? Is it possible that Metal Sonic was actually a time-traveling Metal Sonic 3.0 all along? Does that mean Eggman Nega has actually been messing around with Sonic and Eggman since 1993? Was Neo Metal Sonic actually his doing? Oh lawd, the endless possibilities!

Indeed :P The day I make an online petition for SatAM Fisher to be in Sonic 4 is the day I kill myself.

Seems odd that nobody has replied on the series. Does it require more explaining, or proof this character was in the SatAM series before the SatAM Fisher series was created? O.o

Roareye Black.

I am in full agreement - this thread needs more replies! I believe the majority of the SSMB's inhabitants are too busy quarrelling in the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 sub-forum at the moment, though.

Edited by HunterTSF

I don't see the point in this. I read the whole thing too. You tried to explain why but to be honest I didn't see any reasons to do so. Also...

He is the only character in the series to be completely 100% roboticised

No. We don't need Robotization in the Sonic series. Nor more new characters that serve no purpose whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

I don't see the point in this. I read the whole thing too. You tried to explain why but to be honest I didn't see any reasons to do so. Also...

No. We don't need Robotization in the Sonic series. Nor more new characters that serve no purpose whatsoever.

Erm? Roboticisation was in SatAM since 1993? Someone doesn't know their stuff. lol at you sir.

My God, I really didn't realise someone putting effort into a HD Cartoon of a Sonic spinoff would make you nerdrage so badly. Your attitude is the problem with the Sonic fanbase mate.

Talk about lame arsed killjoy.

Roareye Black.

Erm? Roboticisation was in SatAM since 1993? Someone doesn't know their stuff. lol at you sir.

I don't know things? So I know where and what Robotization is, state my opinion on the contrary, and then you say this? I can't even fanthom how that logic works. Seems like you're trying to pick up a fight.

And I have all the right in complaining about it. This is going to be tied to the Sonic franchise is it not? At least you even made jokes about Sonic 4 and want to include things from SatAM, so it is to tie in with the franchise. It will generate confused people as to why this was added to the franchise, when it DOES NOT fit.

I don't see how Robotization fits the Sonic universe. It's perhaps one of those concepts that I never understood why DIC had to go maverick and include in the first place. If it's well handled, it generates unnecessary drama in a lighthearted series. If it's poorly handled, then we end up with pretentious crap like in SatAM, where filler characters without a given name get roboticized for the sake of drama. And this is... aplicable to close to every Saturday Morning Cartoon. They're not supposed to be dark or deep. If you think it can be pretentious then go right on ahead. Don't start crying if they get cancelled on the end of the second season however.

I'm glad you said the part about including it in the games was a joke though.

Robotization aside, carry on. I doubt an environmental show with hypocrite black and white factions of men against the poor animals will be green lighted in 2010 though.

My God, I really didn't realise someone putting effort into a HD Cartoon of a Sonic spinoff would make you nerdrage so badly. Your attitude is the problem with the Sonic fanbase mate.

Talk about lame arsed killjoy.

A couple of sentences was nerdrage to you? You poor soul. :lol: Even now it was pretty tame.

Well, if you're asking for opinions in a public forum, then you get them. Complaining about it seems a bit lolz to be honest.

Edited by redmenace
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I don't know things? So I know where and what Robotization is, state my opinion on the contrary, and then you say this? I can't even fanthom how that logic works. Seems like you're trying to pick up a fight.

No, just letting you know how stupid your comments were mate. Since this is a fan made cartoon series, as stated in this topic itself a few times, it seems to me you only came in here to pick a fight. You said "I've read the whole thing to.". Obviously not clearly enough. Please re-read.

And I have all the right in complaining about it. This is going to be tied to the Sonic franchise is it not? At least you even made jokes about Sonic 4 and want to include things from SatAM, so it is to tie in with the franchise. It will generate confused people as to why this was added to the franchise, when it DOES NOT fit.

Erm. You clearly missed the comedy class in school. Let me give you some hints. When I say this was mentioned as a joke to AAUK on the trip to Alton Towers, and even stated that my wish for him to be in Sonic 4 was a joke, your entire purpose is again nullified. I did not state I wanted to add anything in from SatAM, I did not state that this bear WILL be in Sonic 4, in fact mentioned several times that this was a joke, and the only people it will confuse clearly is people like you who miss the entire point. Congratulations at failing.

I don't see how Robotization fits the Sonic universe. It's perhaps one of those concepts that I never understood why DIC had to go maverick and include in the first place. If it's well handled, it generates unnecessary drama in a lighthearted series. If it's poorly handled, then we end up with pretentious crap like in SatAM, where filler characters without a given name get roboticized for the sake of drama. And this is... aplicable to close to every Saturday Morning Cartoon. They're not supposed to be dark or deep. If you think it can be pretentious then go right on ahead. Don't start crying if they get cancelled on the end of the second season however.

Hmm. Seems somebody has made a crass error in judgement. Since I've stated this whole concept was a joke. I don't see a Richard Kuta, or "WE WILL REVIVE SATAM SEASON 3!" written in here anywhere? Must have been graffiti'd on by AAUK as payback for the coach trip (Curse you AAUK!). The actual cartoon series of SatAM Fisher the Bear does, however, exist and is being made as we speak. Which, by grave irony, is what this topic was actually all about but you decided to focus on a one line joke and make this somewhat overblown statement about my will to destroy the Sonic universe. Another fine fail you've gotten me into, Stanley.

I'm glad you said the part about including it in the games was a joke though.

My God man, if you knew this was a joke from the start then you've already nullified your own replies, further proving you only posted in here for a fight. You lost.

Robotization aside, carry on. I doubt an environmental show with hypocrite black and white factions of men against the poor animals will be green lighted in 2010 though.

Is this what you feel the SatAM Fisher show is about? Hahahaha! My God man, I got you wrong. You do have a sense of humour! All this time I thought you had READ my topic and misunderstood the point, but now I see you understood it was a joke and are simply adding irony to my irony. The irony I brought up was Fisher being in Sonic 4 (Which was a reference to the lolz at "Sonic's EYES ARE GREEN!" fiasco. You were calling my irony out with the ironic joke of "Well your joke is clearly an environentalist ideology, as all eyes should be green to fit in with nature, hence him being in Sonic 4!"

Please feel free to use this explaination as a bail out card mate.

A couple of sentences was nerdrage to you? You poor soul. :lol: Even now it was pretty tame.

Well, it did appear you were having a screaming orgasm at the prospect of this show. I'm hardly the poor soul considering I'm actually developing a cartoon series for the fandom (Not for TV studio use, before you get the wrong idea again. It's a test show for my art studio Dark Dreams Studios) and have many accomplishments under my belt. You have.... a lack of humour? Don't be crying for me mate, I'll send you a prayer though.

Well, if you're asking for opinions in a public forum, then you get them. Complaining about it seems a bit lolz to be honest.

Me complaining? Did you not read your last post? All it was was a complaint of how I am planning the destruction of the Sonic series by somehow smashing it together with SatAM rocks. That's not an opinion, or at least not one that is at all relevant since it's made from complete idiocy.

Now please gracefully leave and stop failing. Thank you.

Roareye Black.

... What the..? Why are you..? You confuse me.

SatAM Fisher for the win, by the way.

No, just letting you know how stupid your comments were mate. Since this is a fan made cartoon series, as stated in this topic itself a few times, it seems to me you only came in here to pick a fight. You said "I've read the whole thing to.". Obviously not clearly enough. Please re-read.

Erm. You clearly missed the comedy class in school. Let me give you some hints. When I say this was mentioned as a joke to AAUK on the trip to Alton Towers, and even stated that my wish for him to be in Sonic 4 was a joke, your entire purpose is again nullified. I did not state I wanted to add anything in from SatAM, I did not state that this bear WILL be in Sonic 4, in fact mentioned several times that this was a joke, and the only people it will confuse clearly is people like you who miss the entire point. Congratulations at failing.

Hmm. Seems somebody has made a crass error in judgement. Since I've stated this whole concept was a joke. I don't see a Richard Kuta, or "WE WILL REVIVE SATAM SEASON 3!" written in here anywhere? Must have been graffiti'd on by AAUK as payback for the coach trip (Curse you AAUK!). The actual cartoon series of SatAM Fisher the Bear does, however, exist and is being made as we speak. Which, by grave irony, is what this topic was actually all about but you decided to focus on a one line joke and make this somewhat overblown statement about my will to destroy the Sonic universe. Another fine fail you've gotten me into, Stanley.

My God man, if you knew this was a joke from the start then you've already nullified your own replies, further proving you only posted in here for a fight. You lost.

Is this what you feel the SatAM Fisher show is about? Hahahaha! My God man, I got you wrong. You do have a sense of humour! All this time I thought you had READ my topic and misunderstood the point, but now I see you understood it was a joke and are simply adding irony to my irony. The irony I brought up was Fisher being in Sonic 4 (Which was a reference to the lolz at "Sonic's EYES ARE GREEN!" fiasco. You were calling my irony out with the ironic joke of "Well your joke is clearly an environentalist ideology, as all eyes should be green to fit in with nature, hence him being in Sonic 4!"

Please feel free to use this explaination as a bail out card mate.

Well, it did appear you were having a screaming orgasm at the prospect of this show. I'm hardly the poor soul considering I'm actually developing a cartoon series for the fandom (Not for TV studio use, before you get the wrong idea again. It's a test show for my art studio Dark Dreams Studios) and have many accomplishments under my belt. You have.... a lack of humour? Don't be crying for me mate, I'll send you a prayer though.

Me complaining? Did you not read your last post? All it was was a complaint of how I am planning the destruction of the Sonic series by somehow smashing it together with SatAM rocks. That's not an opinion, or at least not one that is at all relevant since it's made from complete idiocy.

Now please gracefully leave and stop failing. Thank you.

Roareye Black.

Maybe you should read what you wrote. Besides (somewhat) the title, there's no indication this was a joke in the first post, which I read in total. It lists all the things I complained about too. If this is a private joke like it seems to be, then fine, go on, just don't expect people to not misinterpret. I wouldn't be the first, unless TSF was private joking as well.

.... well.... ....

I think that the cheese has finally slipped of Roareye's cracker... just like it did on mine a couple of years ago.

Well I guess I support the inclusion of SatAM Fisher... BUT! He must be wearing a pair of 70's trousers whilst he is on the zipline! Why... because they give him the stealthy powers that he needs!

As someone who nearly got 1970's trousers mode in ASR, you'll got to be relentless, you've got to keep yelling about it in the shoutbox/status update thing. You've got to leave S0L a million messages on his answer machine, you'll got to drop it in everything you do or say! You've even got to get it printed on T-Shirts, bags, pens, underpants and maybe a car sticker too.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be the first, unless TSF was private joking as well.

My first post actually was meant to be taken as a joke - hence the closing line of LOL SRS BUSINESS. The second post appeared to be less jokingly, but was still meant to be interpreted in a playful manner nonetheless.

I suppose we lose those intended inflections when we put our statements in a textual format, eh? -_-

Maybe you should read what you wrote. Besides (somewhat) the title, there's no indication this was a joke in the first post, which I read in total. It lists all the things I complained about too. If this is a private joke like it seems to be, then fine, go on, just don't expect people to not misinterpret. I wouldn't be the first, unless TSF was private joking as well.

Dude just take a graceful bow out of the arguement, because despite all this you're still focussing on a one sentance joke rather than the entire purpose of the topic.

If you happen to dislike SatAM and have no interest in this spin-off series then that's fine. Personal tastes and all that. However you're not a majority, and if I'm honest I can't tell whether you're angry because of the Sonic 4 joke, or just out to hate on an artistic project just to be a shitbag. Can I suggest you try and be a bit more supportive of your community? You don't have to be, but you don't have to try and shoot it down in flames either.

Things about the SatAM Fisher project worth knowing;

- It's fan-made, so it won't interfere with Sonic Canon

- It's made to fit in perfectly with Sonic SatAM Canon

- It will be watchable as a stand alone series

- It will be Full HD 1080p

- The animation is NOT Flash animation. We're making this using traditional techniques (Animation Cells and painted backgrounds) but in a digital medium. This gives us a more unique, professional, traditional and refined look to the series.

- This will chronicle several characters from SatAM who appeared once, as well as brief connections with main SatAM cast. Particularly of note is in Blast To The Past and The Doomsday Project, where he originally interacted with the Knothole gang, but this follows his missions rather than theirs.

- SatAM focussed on a very environmentalist theme, and while that may still be evident (I can't change the entire backstory of the show) in the original theme, the focus in SatAM Fisher is actually on Fisher himself and his role as espionage and the concept of betrayal.

- It's made by Dark Dreams Studios as a high quality example of our capabilities, so both writing (By myself, as a novel and script writer) and art/animation (By Miranda, as a superb artist) will be the best we can give. While some may dislike cartoons that have artistic meaning, hopefully many will appreciate it.

- We are looking into music licensing, hopefully we'll get answers on it soon.

frame1.jpg

Above is a Full HD (1920x1080) shot of the Title Card from SatAM Fisher. I use it as a laptop background atm lol

This is an animated title card, the black and green spin like the yellow/blue of the Sonic SatAM title card, but I've only given you 1 frame.

AT1OSF1.gif

Above is an animated GIF, it's a rush (animated storyboard) of the first 8 seconds of the intro. This rush gave us the information we needed on frame numbers, timings and animation positioning. To restart it you'll need to click it into a new tab and hit refresh.

But there you have some proof of work in progress. Enjoy.

Roareye Black.

satamfish.jpg

We’re surrounded!!

Looks like…

They’re going to capture us!!

Apparently…

What do we do?

Don’t Panic!

What was the contingency plan?

ME.

Besides (somewhat) the title, there's no indication this was a joke in the first post

I really don't see how anyone can take this as anything but a joke. You need a sense of humour, homes. You honestly think something like this is a serious deal?

masterblaster, that was an epic picture. We need Fisher fanart.

• 6 months later...