Awoo.

Sonic 4 Playtested By Community Member

Slingerland

Heads up, guys. There's rumblings that elaborate troll is elaborate.

It had BETTER BE.

Bad. It just needs to sell like shit if it's a bad game. They need to earn our support like they did back then. It's unfair if they just keep getting all our support if they arent even delivering quality. They will just keep on taking the easy way out....

If we get a demo before release, we could probably have a better opinion on whether this 'Sonic 4' sucks or not. Also, if something is considered shit or not up to the expectations listed... uh, why buy it? I don't think this will be shit, but damn I wish this wasn't associated with the genesis games by the marketing.

It had BETTER BE.

Son of a...

I feel gullible as hell right now lol

Edited by Light

I hope the questions ONM gets from the fans gets SEGA to sweat bullets... if we see a delay, well...

Edited by Lando The Bat

It has to be a troll.

It just doesn't make sense considering that the game is still 5 months away from release and yet it's being submitted to Microsoft for approval.

I'll reserve final judgment for when I actually play it myself. I will be disappointed if the game is more like advance 2 instead of feeling like a classic title but I'll still enjoy it because I enjoyed the advance (and rush) series.

Though if the game really does come off feeling like an advance title then Sega really dug their own grave. All that classic talk hype they've been dishing out coupled with the fact they actually named it Sonic the Hedgehog 4 put expectations WAY too high. As much as I love the thought of finally getting Sonic 4 the expectations would have been far lower if they just called it Sonic "extreme subtitle here".

Also, I can live with advance physics but that jump sounds awful. FIX THE JUMPING SEGA....DIMPS....WHOEVER!

Edit:

It had BETTER BE.

I don't know what to believe anymore. :(

Edited by speedfreak

To summarise my reaction to this news:

If this is true:

choose_your_next_sentence_carefully.png

If this is a troll attempt that worked:

choose_your_next_sentence_carefully.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh my god, go to the thread linked in the news article, and read what's happened there.

It's hilarious, I swear :3

Cocks and bannings aplenty.

Just a regular day on Sonic Retro. B)

• Thumbs Up 1

I won the contest too and played Sonic 4 in a parking garage downtown. It plays just like Klonoa 2 and there is only one stage. Overall, I rate it ∞ out of §

;) Totally fake preview

There are times when I just become so stressed out about this shit that I wish I was never a Sonic fan. This is one of them. Not because I'm nervous about the game's release, but if this is bad, the term "shitstorm" will cease to be adequate for the fan reaction. This isn't just any old Sonic game, this game is TRYING to be a successor to the original series and more nostalgia is on the line than ever. Speculation, blind optimism/pessimism and trolls are thrown around like currency in the game community before any major game release, and this is no exception. But fuck it, I'm just going to wait for the demo to see if the fallout's really worth it.

So... where was it proven that he was a troll...? I don't see it.

Not saying he isn't, but I've read the topic and haven't found anything more than accusations.

Edited by Indigo Dude

Endri's claim remains unchanged, and he is supposedly going to be uploading some kind of proof tomorrow. I could go either way at this point as to believing that he actually did play the game, he is supposedly involved in the industry, but he also had a strange idea of what triple buffering was.

Edit: I'll quote Tweaker's summary of what happened thus far:

STOP. FUCKING STOP.

Here is the deal:

- Endri posted shit

- Trunks posted a facetious account with similar tone and intent.

- Someone misinterpreted what he said as "contest"

- Endri plays on "contest" angle to prove his legitimacy; Trunks's post was never legitimate

- Endri possibly has incriminated self

FINAL VERDICT: Possibly bullshit. MY SUGGESTION: Wait until whatever shit he's supposedly uploading tomorrow.

Good? Good! Actually read this, please. I'm locking it for 5 minutes so you all stop freaking out and asking questions.

EDIT: Unlocked.

Keep in mind, English is not Endri's first language.

Edited by Phos

So... where was it proven that he was a troll...? I don't see it.

Not saying he isn't, but I've read the topic and haven't found anything more than accusations.

No, he hasn't. He apparently has proof that he will upload tomorrow to solidify his claims, so there's that to wait for.

Also, all of you acting like you're so much better than the people reacting to this are a bunch of fucking tools. How the fuck are you "better" than other people because you chose to not believe something in contrast with people who do believe it? Endri is absolutely a credible guy and he seems confident that what he says is true. Get off your high horses and respect other peoples' choice to have their own opinion. The arrogance in this thread is astounding.

Edited by Tweaker

Endri is absolutely a credible guy and he seems confident that what he says is true. Get off your high horses and respect other peoples' choice to have their own opinion. The arrogance in this thread is astounding.

Yes. I've known Endri for years and him trolling an entire community is not him. At all. I believe him.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Somebody misread the word 'content' as 'contest' In another trolls post, then the troll in question ( the one TSS posted) began to roll with 'contest' as though he and the other troll 'won' the chance to play the game. This contest business conflicts with what Brad says on the main page.

Oh and I have evey right not to believe Endri. Ifi he is in fact telling the truth, I hope be does post video so Sega can sue his leaking ass.

Edited by Doctor Eggman
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, I'm convinced enough to believe the guy. With some salt on the side, of course, but I'm putting trust in you guys on this.

Regardless, Sonic Advance 2 wasn't that terrible to begin with, and from the gameplay leak we've seen, it looks like more of a toned-down version of the same game, which is definitely not a bad thing.

From what Endri's saying, it sounds like Sonic Advance 2 Sonic in a Sonic Advance 1 game.

...if that makes any sense.

Uh, this is sounding more and more like the "leaked Sonic Unleashed ending" from a couple years ago....

If the proof has anything to do with Eggman turning into a Walrus, I will eat my toaster.

Edited by EXshad

I don't know the guy nor have any understanding of his credibility within the community, so I'm going to happily await until tomorrow to see which way this turns.

Somebody misread the word 'content' as 'contest' In another trolls post, then the troll in question ( the one TSS posted) began to roll with 'contest' as though he and the other troll 'won' the chance to play the game. This contest business conflicts with what Brad says on the main page.

Oh and I have evey right not to believe Endri. Ifi he is in fact telling the truth, I hope be does post video so Sega can sue his leaking ass.

Right, Endri screws up English on occasion and it's hard to understand him. Some guy at Retro took one of his typos and ran with it.

He says we're getting something tomorrow. He's probably also losing his job tomorrow. Sucks, because I thought his job was sweet.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Either way, they call it playtesting for a reason.

That's a lot of stuff to fix five months outside the release then. :s

First, it's "just a teaser," then it's "only 3 seconds," then it became "it's only an alpha build." Now, it's "only a playtest." Lol.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1