Awoo.

The Next RROD???

Sega DogTagz

Not like PS3's are much more reliable anyway... and what is the point of not being able to play PS2 games? REALLY?

My PS3 plays PS2 games...

My opion of the Xbox hit rock bottom when mine ruined one of my game discs. It was the last disc (disc 4) of an RPG that had spent over 50 hours on....it was not funny...not at all....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sega DogTagz

• Strong Bad

• Badnik Mechanic

• Ming Ming Hatsune

I got this before. The customer support said it was just because it was unplugged....But then it experienced a problem. This was right when I first turned it on just fyi. The internet wouldn't connect, I mean it says I can connect to live but I couldn't sign up. So I had to send it in then they sent me a whole new system, no problems since.

Everyone I know who's had an Xbox360, except for Thirteen, and Kojichan, have had the RROD problem at least once. Those two insist I'm just unlucky, and that their friends never had such a problem either, but seriously, just search for the 360's fail rate. xD; Search "RROD" on google, you'll see.

Only one of my friends had a problem, but it wasn't from RROD despite the fact that he plays his Xbox insane amounts and his room is quite small. He doesn't really move his box from room to room though, and it basically just sits in the same place all the time. It is also properly ventilated where his Xbox is. His first Xbox went after almost 2 years pretty much due to a hard-drive reading issue, but his new Xbox works perfectly fine.

Other than that I've got about 7 more friends who have all had their 360s since near launch and none of them have had problems. I got mine 2 years ago, gonna be 3 this coming Christmas, and I have yet to have any major problems with it. The only thing I dislike about it is the disk drive is a real piece of shite.

Other than that I've had no problems 8D

My PS3 plays PS2 games...

The newer PS3's have lost their backwards compatibility. Original PS3's were able to do so.

They are rumors of a firmware that would include PS2 compatibility but I doubt it would happen.

It may have, but that doesn't mean the PS3 isn't a bad console. =/ Everyone wants a PS3 unless they are die hard Xbox fans and will always stick to Xbox products no matter what.

I hated the original Xbox yet I still saw the 360 as the more appealing system.

I still don't get why people insist on buying Microsoft products after they keep breaking on them year-after-year. It's like a form of battered wife syndrome. You know the system is going to break on you, but you buy it anyway because they claim all the problems are "fixed".

You know, I wouldn't be surprised to see another error that blows up your controllers when E74 becomes free to fix...

The whole 360 breakign thing has always been shady, and with RROD not making MS any money anymore, anyone find it weird that 360s are getting a new error once the update occured; shortly after RROD fixes were made free?

The whole 360 breakign thing has always been shady, and with RROD notmaking MS any money anymore, anyone find it weird that 360s are getting a new error once the update occured; shortly after RROD fixes were made free?

I’ll classify that as Microsoft conspiracy theory # 34265.

Then again, I wouldn’t put something like that past them either. The RRoD didn’t really put the dent you’d think it would in sales figures, so if this E74 was more than a coincidence, the boys of Microsoft certainly have good reason to exploit it.

The whole 360 breakign thing has always been shady, and with RROD not making MS any money anymore, anyone find it weird that 360s are getting a new error once the update occured; shortly after RROD fixes were made free?
GUYS LETS PURPOSLEY MAKE THIS CONSOLE BORK ALL DA TIME SO WE CAN MAKEMILLIONS FROM REPAIRS AND COMPELTELY TURN CUSTOMER OPININON AGAINST US DERP DERP IT'S BRILLIANT

Seems to me that it's more along the lines of them cutting costs, and the cost cutting having a larger effect on reliability than they thought.

I’ll classify that as Microsoft conspiracy theory # 34265.

You'd probably be more accurate to classify it as general ignorance/stupidity, no offense Katanga.

Yeah, that's probably more likely. I guess it's because they rushed making the 360 so it came out before PS3. Ironically, they could have waited another year and been ok. That's karma for you.

Mind you, it's still something that I can't put past MS.

I guess it's because they rushed making the 360 so it came out before PS3.

If they had, though, they could have fixed the problems on the newer versions of the 360. It's just laziness on the part of Microsoft.

Maybe it’s more of a lack of talent then laziness. Recently (last 5 years) Microsoft has had to really compete with other tech companies for top-level employees. However, as far as I can tell, the company never took away their high expectations (with Windows, or the 360) and the end result is glitches that get by everyone.

Maybe Microsoft just needs to adjust to the competition for talent. As of right now, they are nowhere close to the prestige they held in the job community back hen they were the super-power.