Awoo.

First Sonic 4 Boss Pic, Fanbase in Disbelief; Obama Demands Change

Agent York

Sonic4newscreen.jpg

Found at: http://www.segabits.com/?p=377

Well... It LOOKS real but it could be a very good photoshop... Maybe... But then it's a very high-caliber photoshop. Also this would mean reusing bosses possibly, or maybe just the first boss...

Thoughts?

UPDATE: More pics shown through the topic, and now SEGA is removing pics from websites. Yay. But seriously, this isn't a Sonic 1 rehash, you guys should know better than this by now, we even know 4 of the zones. Those look far more like Sonic 2. Also the Green Hill zone, thanks to Endri, Aquaslash and Tweaker, seems to have a chase sequence. LOL @ SEGA can't get a leaking break. Though I will continue to say everyone's attitudes towards this game reminds me so much of the reaction to New Super Mario Bros Wii it's hilarious.

Edited by Dusk the Biohazard Keeper
  • Thumbs Up 1

S'really good, but I'm not gonna believe it's a real screenshot until we can be sure. I'd be fine with them reusing the first boss, but I would like original bosses after that.

If this is real(which it certainly looks to be) I hope it's the only recycled boss in the game. I want something new.

Still, it's kind of cool to see this thing again, and it would make sense because like the Green-Hill theme, it's very iconic.

That looks real to me and makes enough sense for it to be real.

As cool as it is to see the swinging ball of death back, I'm a little disappointed if they're just going to reuse old bosses. Perhaps if this first boss is a bit like Sonic Advance's final zone where Eggman goes through a medley of his classic first zone boss tactics (the swinging ball and the spiked car) then it'll be alright, but I don't want all of the bosses to use old tactics.

Especially if this is meant to be Eggman trying to get revenge on Sonic for kicking his butt in the original games, why on earth would he try and use the exact same tactics again knowing that Sonic has already beaten them?

Looks nice....visually... but if it's real, shame on Sonic Team/Dimps for rehashing a boss in Sonic 4.

This was promised to not be an HD rehash of Sonic 1.But it's looking more and more like that's the case.

Quoting Tweaker over at Retro...

According to a talk Endri had with Aquaslash, there's a chasing segment to the boss as well. So not only does this legitimize everything Endri said, but the consistency between the account and this picture proves both of them as real. It's also further proof that this game is more or less final.

Pretty rad stuff, I guess!

• Thumbs Up 1

If it's real, this game really IS Sonic 1 2.0. Or they could twist it up by having it transform after 4 hits...

That would be the only excuse I would accept for seeing it reappear in this game.

...not to mention it could be friggin' awesome :P

I can't help but feel Eggman's grin in that pic looks extrodinarily goofy. At least much moreso than usual.

EDIT: Well waddya know, 400 point per episode. I was honestly expecting it to be at least double that figure for some reason.

Edited by Blacklightning

This topic will be on fire, I can smell the flames gathering right now... O_o

On topic, it looks real, and very lush. Even if it is a Sonic 1 rehash in a sense, honestly, what's so bad about that? I just am hoping to god this game is good and will bring Sonic back to the top again, that's all I want lawl

Just please be a good game. pls.

If this is indeed real I'm a little disappointed. Remaking enemies with new designs is cool, but I'd like new bosses. It's cool to see old ones again with new designs but I'd much rather face new ones.

I am personally unsure on whether iit is real or not, it could be real because it does look official however it strikes me as odd that Sonic is standing partly into the floating platorm instead of on top of it. That and the floating platforms look a little bit too large.

Edited by Blaziken

This screen was posted via our forums by our residential troll. I was not going to post it up at first, but the screen does look real. Thoughts?

Now where did you go and find that??

I work for SEGA.

... want a banana shirt?

...and so the plot thickens. That screenshot looks to be a wee bit too high calibur to be a shop, and I'm seriously doubting that Waffle would go out of his way to re-model the entirety of Splash Hill, Eggman, and his Eggmobile for some crazy elaborate hoax.

Anywho, I'm diggin' it! Sure, we've seen the ball a few times beforehand, but it's still neat! I wonder if he uses the same one for his penultimate battle against Sonic in Sonic Advance?

Edited by HunterTSF

And after 8 hits it chases you shooting badniks your way while periodically dropping it's electric shield right?....... RIGHT?

Knowing Sega though, do NOT expect surprises. There's a high possibility that didn't think any further than "use the Green Hill boss too".

Edited by Black Spy

And after 8 hits it chases you shooting badniks your way while periodically dropping it's electric shield right?....... RIGHT?

Knowing Sega though, do NOT expect surprises. There's a high possibility that didn't think any further than "use the Green Hill boss too".

The person who provided the screenshot to Sonic Retro reports that there's a chase segment before the actual boss, in fact.

Still, does anyone remember when SEGA promised that this was a whole new adventure, not Sonic 1 HD?

<_<

Iv Gotta say the game still looks beautiful but the idea off the swinging ball boss from Sonic 1 is a -_- Meh been there done that we have all beaten this boss probs over a billion times on Sonic 1 so why bring it back seriously its good that Sega/Sonic Team & Dimps are thinking Really old school with this game but please dont have old bosses within all the game

:EDIT:

Holy Shit 400 MSP that pretty good price that a bargian :)

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

Holy shit. I wasn't expecting to see something like this. I guess Endri was right when he said "you can pretty much guess what the first boss is". Even though this REALLY looks like a remake (although it's not), I'm still quite excited. And 400 points? Sweet!

How much does 400 Microsoft points equate to in cash, and thus in Nintendo Points?

As for them reusing the boss, I must say it's a tad disappointing in that this game is looking more and more like a modernised 'best of Sonics 1- & Knuckles' from what we've seen so far. Obviously I'll be reserving judgement until I've personally played the and finished the thing, because I'm certainly not saying it's fair to judge the whole game based on what little we've seen.

However, you can't argue that Nintendo are much, much more guilty of this with Mario bosses, having reused the exact same Bowser bridge fight a bazillion times too. D: I guess there's a fine line between iconic and lazy- some things are so iconic to the series that it'd be almost insulting not to use them, but at the same time that runs the risk of it getting old.

Edited by Mahzes

Do we need reminding that other Sonic games have reused boss' before... did anyone complain back then?

• Thumbs Up 2

The person who provided the screenshot to Sonic Retro reports that there's a chase segment before the actual boss, in fact.

Why would they place a chase segment before the ol' ball in chain? Anyone who's not been living under a rock since the 90s has probably played this boss before. It would be much more awesome to lure players into a false sense of security before Eggman wigs out and the ball becomes an angry swiss army knife of doom or somethin'.

How much does 400 Microsoft points equate to in cash, and thus in Nintendo Points?

400 MSP would cost ya about £4.25 if you live in the UK but im not quite sure about Nintendo Wii Point

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

Boss re-useage has been done before Sonic even left the Mega Drive/Genesis and no-one complains about those.

I wouldnt mind that boss again mixed with the boss chase stuff from Sonic Advance 2.

• Thumbs Up 2