Awoo.

First Sonic 4 Boss Pic, Fanbase in Disbelief; Obama Demands Change

Agent York

Where are people getting the idea that this alleged chase scene happens before the boss fight? Did thid Endri guy specifically state "it happens just before the actual boss" ...once again, I am sure the 17 seconds on the clock point to the chase happening afterwards. My feeling is that the boss stages will be like Sonic 1 on the Master System/Game Gear. bit of platforming beforehand ( with anextra life hidden nearby ), You fight Eggman like in the classics, after a few hits, it turns into a Sonic Advance 2 style boss ( or Mushroom Hill act 2 if you wish ) Eggman explodes. Egg prisons get busted open. Smiles.

Where are people getting the idea that this alleged chase scene happens before the boss fight? Did thid Endri guy specifically state "it happens just before the actual boss" ...once again, I am sure the 17 seconds on the clock point to the chase happening afterwards.

Sonic's a pretty fast bloke if you haven't heard.

hmmmni.jpg

any of you know where this picture came from...and is it legit?

sorry if this is old news...but i havent seen this before lol

Hmmm Possible Box Art Design when you view it on the dashboard game library slot on XBLA

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

Actually Dat Kool Bat Guy , you brought a good point...this game has always been advertised as Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. It's even pictured and listed as such on the XBLM

I don't see any episode 1 there what so ever....I think that's a sign that it's a boxart for a full package...or it's fake. I wish we could tell the full size of that image, that picture of Sonic could be very high-res indeed if it's a boxart of sorts and if it is, then it should be pretty clear it's legit as we haven't really had a very big version of that Sonic image, the only way a big high-res version could appear would be from SEGA. The background also seems very well done, I'm not sure that could be photoshopped together from the bits we've seen...

Either way, it's sexy :P

hmmmni.jpg

any of you know where this picture came from...and is it legit?

sorry if this is old news...but i havent seen this before lol

It is. The Nintendo Channel had this on the games page.

If that was box art, then I wouldn't complain. It looks pretty cool actually.

Yeah it is pretty cool untill everyone will bash fuck out of it for looking too much like Sonic 1 Box art

Sonic1_box_usa.jpg

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

Yeah it is pretty cool untill everyone will bash fuck out of it for looking too much like Sonic 1 Box art

Sonic1_box_usa.jpg

I dunno, the "pointing finger on boxart/title screen" thing kinda comes as standard to most of the 2D games, let alone classic ones.

XBL_Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2boxart_160w.jpg

180px-Sonic_the_hedgehog_3_title_screen.png

Sonic%20CD.gif

Sonic_&_Knuckles_title.png

250px-Sonic_Rush_box_Art.jpg

yes I know one of them is a thumb shut up

Okay, can we stop with the Sonic 1 rehashes already? Are you guys even trying to make something new? Classic =/= complete rehash. Not even Mega Man 9 had this much rehash. Better idea Sega, make a boxart in the STYLE of the classics. STYLE, NOT REHASH!

hashbrown.jpg

So much hash........ mmmmmm.....

Edited by Black Spy

I don't mind the "rehash" in this instance at all: this is one of the aspects of the game that I absolutely expected to be pulled whole-cloth from the classics. What does weird me out, though, is that the level behind Sonic looks a lot more like Green Hill than Splash Hill (yes, there is an appreciable difference). I guess it's just the background; maybe the second act is going to include some actual water instead of a forest?

Either way, I approve. I'd even go so far as to say that it looks a lot better than most of the classic box art.

Edited by Octarine

Okay, can we stop with the Sonic 1 rehashes already? Are you guys even trying to make something new? Classic =/= complete rehash. Not even Mega Man 9 had this much rehash. Better idea Sega, make a boxart in the STYLE of the classics. STYLE, NOT REHASH!

hashbrown.jpg

So much hash........ mmmmmm.....

Because reusing the most reused themeset in the entire series for the first level makes the entire game a rehash amirite?

I mean, it'd be understandable if later levels were equally blatant ripoffs (and beyond names and vauge stage select snapshots, we don't have much to go by), but I thought the Green Hill remake was practically obligatory for a game like this, if only because it's the standard set by nearly every 2D Sonic game (hell, not even just the classics) ever made. Sure, Splash Hill is a little more blatant than most, but as long as the actual level design is different at least I don't really see much of an issue.

Edited by Blacklightning
  • Thumbs Up 1

As long as the game is fun to play, I really couldn't care less about any rehash that's thrown in. In fact seeing re-worked box art really brings back great memories when I was playing the first game on my Genesis, and the nostalgic factor is why I'm happy about this game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Quoting someone from Sonic Retro:

Forgive me if someone already mentioned this. But I think Episode 2 will be more like Sonic 2, probably with Tails in it.. Episode 3, with Knuckles and following the original games. Just like how Episode 1 is similar to Sonic 1. MMHMM

It makes sense...

I was going to start a single topic about this, but I know it wouldn't stay open for long.

But here is a very great article from Destructoid: Here

I'll quote some great parts

These people call themselves fan, and we are all happy to go along with it, but when they reveal themselves to be perpetually unsatisfied, prone to complaints over the tiniest details, and outright spiteful,

When Sonic Advance was released, it was like a breath of fresh air. Or old air, if you tend to look at it that way. It was a proper, 2D, old school Sonic game, It even had the original Sonic the Hedgehog theme tune. There was no game closer to a true Sonic game within a hundred miles, but what did the so-called experts say?

"WAH WAH WAH SONIC IS TOO SLOW!"

People going so far as to criticize the fact that Sonic has some color in his eyes, or that his legs are too long. Once again, this is a game people have wanted for a long time, and as soon as they get it, they start finding other things to moan about

That I 100% agree with.

Oh and one of the comments summed it up for me nicely.

I tend to go on a particular Sonic forum.. Some of these people are the most annoying fucks in the world. Sure, some Sonic games have had their problems, and it's ok to be cautious after Sega's track record. But these people rant so much about stuff I almost don't have any reason to enjoy the series any more. This game can't be Sonic 4 they say. It's using modern design, too much reused stuff, level design is terrible (Because they can so judge level design off of some 30 second footage played by the worlds crappiest player), bad art design, homing attack, soundtrack, etc. etc. It's pretty sad really.

Sonic Retro perhaps?? :P

Sad isn't the right word to describe all of this..it's down right pathetic and unnecessary.

Edited by 220
  • Thumbs Up 1

How much does 400 Microsoft points equate to in cash, and thus in Nintendo Points?

If someone didn't already say, though I'm sure they did...about 5 dollars US or 500 Wii Points. So it's pretty cheap.

Because reusing the most reused themeset in the entire series for the first level makes the entire game a rehash amirite?

I mean, it'd be understandable if later levels were equally blatant ripoffs (and beyond names and vauge stage select snapshots, we don't have much to go by), but I thought the Green Hill remake was practically obligatory for a game like this, if only because it's the standard set by nearly every 2D Sonic game (hell, not even just the classics) ever made. Sure, Splash Hill is a little more blatant than most, but as long as the actual level design is different at least I don't really see much of an issue.

I only really see Emerald Hill (not as much) and Neo South Island as Green Hill Rehashes. Heck, I don't even see Neo Green Hill Zone as a Green Hill rehash..

There are alot of 2D games I haven't played, though and by some I can't remember the levels...

Edited by MarcelloF