Awoo.

First Sonic 4 Boss Pic, Fanbase in Disbelief; Obama Demands Change

Agent York

If any Sonic game was boring, it would have to be the Advance games. They were cool and fun, but just were just lacking something.

Their statement of Sonic being the only playable character along with how they presented it was a red flag for me, not only were they following the word of the request with no regard to its intent, but they also were expecting us to be impressed by it even though they were ten years late in fulfilling it.

To be fair, characters weren't really a complaint until around Shadow. Even then, most of the people complaining weren't even in their demographic.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, characters weren't really a complaint until around Shadow. Even then, most of the people complaining weren't even in their demographic.

I'd say around Sonic 06 actually. Around the time of ShTH, Shadow was the only character many were complaining on for obvious reasons, but everyone else got a free pass compared to him at least. Not even Cream got so much hate compared to him at that time, as Shadow was almost always the first character that those people wanted out of the series.

It only extended more to everyone else when Sonic 06 failed to deliever.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I hated all the extra characters ever since SA2 forced me to switch between them. I was fine in SA where they all had different games to play through but I hated switching in SA2. S06 was just completely shitty because now it wasn't even letting me finish individual levels as Sonic. :\ I still can't understand how Sega took the Sonic franchise in such an idiotic direction with that game. So many stupid design choices even without the glitches and shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hated all the extra characters ever since SA2 forced me to switch between them. I was fine in SA where they all had different games to play through but I hated switching in SA2. S06 was just completely shitty because now it wasn't even letting me finish individual levels as Sonic. :\ I still can't understand how Sega took the Sonic franchise in such an idiotic direction with that game. So many stupid design choices even without the glitches and shit.

In S06, you could still choose Sonic and play as him for most of what you were starting off with. And the Assistant characters didn't even appear playable that much.

In S06, you could still choose Sonic and play as him for most of what you were starting off with. And the Assistant characters didn't even appear playable that much.

It was still a massive flaw in gameplay. I mean you chose Sonic's story, and what ho'? You've gotta play as Silver for this part of Kingdom Valley! The fact is that amigo characters didn't add to the gameplay as much as they took away. Even in the case of Blaze, who is often cited as one of the only two characters that's fun to play as (the other being Sonic himself), the gameplay takes a massive twist in style. Say you were to switch between Knuckles and Rouge mid-level, there'd be much less of an issue because their movement is very similar.

• The title was changed to First Sonic 4 Boss Pic, Fanbase in Disbelief; Obama Demands Change