Awoo.

Die-Hards Take Sonic 4 Petitioning to the Next Level

Carbo

Just a little note here. I think that it's more than the tiny videos that lit this fire under their asses, but that terrifying impression that called the game Sonic advance 2.5...

That said I am ashamed of them... This is almost as bad as when all those MOTHER fans called Nintendo every minute ( instead of weekly or monthly as recommended by starmen mods ) and harassed NOA grunts about EarthBound on VC, or MOTHER 3 getting officially translated. They caused much yelling. Crying too?

Im getting Sonic 4. If I don't like it ( Im sure I will, to some degree ), I complain on the interner. Maybe Sega will heed me in Episode II.

...It's moments like these that make me ashamed to be a part of this fanbase. Thankfully, most (if not all) members on SSMB don't act like these guys. The fact that this thing got 1051 signitures baffles me, though. But considering how large this fanbase is, that's probably a pretty small percentage (or at least I hope so).

And I honestly can't understand boycotting this game when all we've seen is some leaked gameplay played by some guy who has a weird obsession with pressing the jump button every 2 seconds. Being skeptical is fine (even though I love what I've seen so far), but boycotting this game without even waiting until the game comes out, trying the free demo, or reading reviews is just ignorant.

EDIT: Just read the comments on that Destructiod article. Nice to know the people on that site are sane.

Edited by gamerguy21

Just how many people who signed that petition, do you expect to act on it anyway? I bet not even half.

The fact that this thing got 1051 signitures baffles me, though.

Wow, that guy must be bored out of his mind to sign his own petition 1051 times.

What? You think real people actually sign these things?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure the reason Sega's making Sonic Classic Collection this year is to get the first 3 sonics out to all the kids who would want sonic 4 but want a background of the first 3 games. They're probably going to put an ad for Sonic 4 on the back of the instruction booklet. Cuz' remember, the kids loves dem sum Sonic.

So the people who are gonna buy Sonic 1 instead of Sonic 4 are probably gonna just get Classic Collection, so either way sega's really not going to lose anything from this.

Looks like a good year for Sonic, atleast as a moneymaker IMO, since a lot of people are buying both games as is.

Edited by KoolKojoS

Just how many people who signed that petition, do you expect to act on it anyway? I bet not even half.

I concur with this.

Unfortunately, the idiot who started this petition, Jackie Fhan, is really serious in his "crusade"...

What? You think real people actually sign these things?
I think so, too, and I think I know who signed them, too.

*looks at the Sonic 4-bashers at the Sega Forums*

Edited by Dark Qiviut

I'm not trying to demonize or favor any side, but I've never thought the Classic part of the fandom would get this extreme.

Though I'm with others on the 1501 signitures. The guy must've had a lot of free time.

I'm not trying to demonize or favor any side, but I've never thought the Classic part of the fandom would get this extreme.

You mean the ones who have been bitter about 3D Sonic since Adventure 1 and preach that everything '99 onward is a load of crap?

Many of the signatures are jokes, the ones that aren't don't matter much. People aren't signing with their real names, and who's to know if each signature in that petition equals a person.

I signed it as "Mr. Faggotmouse". Really, who's taking this seriously?

You mean the ones who have been bitter about 3D Sonic since Adventure 1 and preach that everything '99 onward is a load of crap?

Yeah, that group. I'm willing to bet that most of them have never even played a lot of the games they talk crap about and are just parroting what they hear. Of course, that's not particularly anything new.

Man, when I read that article I couldn't help but laugh. So to combat a Sega product, they're going to buy another piece of Sega merchandise? Well if they think their "crusade of Justice!" is going to work, boy are they in for a surprise. I'm also a bit stunned that they've already formatted an opinion based off of some leaked alpha footage of a guy jumping every so often, some screen shots, and the other stuff that has been posted; and yet they haven't bothered waiting for a demo to then judge the game! It's guys like this that really annoy me to an extent.

• Thumbs Up 1

You gotta love some of the comments that make it sound like the game has been out, or there was a decent amount of gameplay footage actually shown. :rolleyes:

Personal Fav:

Turns out the gameplay and game truly is crap. I won't be tricked again SEGA (looks at you unleashed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXwHeAIXbjYhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU#t=00m05s

Edited by Black Spy

I think this video sums up my thoughts exactly - all the lols. (was also how I learned about this.)

Honestly these people are idiots (by that I mean those people that are taking this seriously) in my eyes.

Honestly the world is getting dumber by the minute. Or at least this fanbase is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this video sums up my thoughts exactly - all the lols. (was also how I learned about this.)

Honestly these people are idiots (by that I mean those people that are taking this seriously) in my eyes.

Honestly the world is getting dumber by the minute. Or at least this fanbase is.

I actually took a look at that video on Youtube proper, and the comments section actually links a specific Deviant journal page. As it turns out, fucking Spax3 of all people is strongly against the petition. Who would've thought.

I actually took a look at that video on Youtube proper, and the comments section actually links a specific Deviant journal page. As it turns out, fucking Spax3 of all people is strongly against the petition. Who would've thought.

He even says that his complaining way back when was something worth complaining about, since it made a part of the character.... which I can agree on,

:'D I'm buying Sonic the Hedgehog 4 on release. They can go enjoy their old game that they own 6 times already, while I enjoy half of the new one (Episodic games >[ )

As long as there are idiots like me buying the new games, SEGA won't care. xD

WE REFUSE TO GIVE SEGA OUR MONEY

Okay..

SO WE'RE GOING TO GIVE THEM MONEY A DIFFERENT WAY

..That's not how boycotts work.

• Thumbs Up 7

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is actually ROOTING for some of those hardcores to buy a Sonic 1, which I can only assume is more expensive than S4's release price.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sega is actually ROOTING for some of those hardcores to buy a Sonic 1, which I can only assume is more expensive than S4's release price.

Actually.....actually.png

That's just ludicrous. It doesn't even make any fucking sense. This is why certain classic fans are dragging the fanbase down. They just consider themselves the "elite, true fans." Too bad this has made them lose sight of common sense...