Awoo.

Die-Hards Take Sonic 4 Petitioning to the Next Level

Carbo

http://screwattack.c...ard-News-022610

Corey says stop petitioning, you dont want to make Corey sad do you?

Not sure if there's a select few that can't see the video, but just in case here's a text version of the one section that talks about the boycott.

And finally Fan boys are well...being fan boys.

Hardcore fans of the Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise, Disappointed by the mere 3 minutes of gameplay (hell of an error here, it's 3 seconds >__>) they've seen of Sonic 4 are planing on Boycotting the game's release. First Spotted by Destructoid's Jim Sterling, an internet petition is making the rounds encouraging fans to purchase the original Sonic on Sonic 4's launch in Protest. For those few minutes of gameplay (seconds...) they've already determined that: 

And by giving Sega money they will be: 

You really think by filling their pockets with money that they're going to care? Even if Sonic 4 doesn't sell by forking over money for Sonic 1 you're still increasing the company's bottom line giving them the freedom and money to finance a project such as Sonic 4. Next time you want to truly boycott something why don't you stop obsessing over something you haven't played yet and consult a high school Economics book.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not taking the side of the silly boycotters, but again, it seems like some parties aren't informed of the more than 3 second alpha video, the scary report by Endri that the game is Sonic Advance 2, or the rest of the leaks ( like boosters and recyclables ) ...Just saying. Everyone seems to think the 2010 Trailer is still the only thing we got. That doesn't make their actions any less ridiculous.

Wow I've been on holiday for a week. The last thing Sonic related was the leaked footage of Sonic 4. And it looked quite promising. Glitch? yes but hell it is an Alpha build. Anyway upon watching the footage i thought that would put to rest the fan's complaints about this game not being like the old Mega drive titles.

Oh dears. It was not meant to be. To quote a good film. "This is Madness" I'm aware that there are some Sonic fans living in the past. We all know that Sonic's Mega drive games were amazing but i don't think that they can be recreated today. It;s not because it's too hard. It's because In my opinion some Sonic fans will never be pleased. i mean correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Sonic 4 been exactly what we have wanted since probably Sonic 3D? A good old fashioned 2D side scroller complete with, loops, springs,special stages etc. Sonic 4 seems to have these. But still the complaints. I've heard someone moaning about the boosters out of Sonic Advance being used. WTF? Who cares if they are? Sonic Advance is the closest Sonic came to classic gameplay for along time.

On the other hand some criticize that Sonic 4 is just a HD-remix of Sonic 1 especially with the checkered wrecking ball boss. That is just a nostalgia trick and tbf it works it's a good sign of things to come. It may not even be in the final product it may be just an advertising trick. Who knows? But please stop nit picking. I love Sonic and the Sonic community is better than most. It's achieved some amazing things like the Summer of Sonic and so many amazing Sonic Flash on sites like newgrounds. Please let's just wait till the final product.

I tried my best not to sound like a preaching asshole then. It wasn't my intention. It's just enough is enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

You can never please the Sonic Fan Base... especially these fucking idiots complaining/petitioning.... end of story.

I for one, am looking forward to Sonic 4 and count the days till its release.

Edited by Lunar

This "unpleasable fanbase" argument piques my curiosity. What is it about people who resort to this just because fans can't agree on something? Fuck, maybe we're unpleasable because Sega continues to churn out shitty Sonic games?

As for this petition, I don't know why people are wasting energy actually paying attention to it if it's so idiotic, it sounds like one of those things you might as well just ignore and it'll fade onto obscurity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

This "unpleasable fanbase" argument piques my curiosity. What is it about people who resort to this just because fans can't agree on something? Fuck, maybe we're unpleasable because Sega continues to churn out shitty Sonic games?

Part of it is because Sonic Team hasn't made a good game in too long, and another has to do with how radically different the themes, gameplay styles, and characters in the games have been.

Of course, no fanbase is truly pleaseable, there's always that group that say Mario Galaxy failed(more or less) because of it's over linearity.

I think going this far is pretty pathetic really...but hey, it's not my money they're wasting so I don't really care. :P

Left 4 Dead 2 boycott

That is all I will say.

nooogood.jpg

But seriously, that's all video game boycotts make me think of now too. I bet this won't affect sales at all, but still petitioning for this doesn't make much sense. Goddammit I already own Sonic 1 in more than one way, I want some new 2D Sonic please, not the same game we've been playing since 1991.

• The title was changed to Die-Hards Take Sonic 4 Petitioning to the Next Level