Awoo.

Sonic character tier list

Aquaslash

Well, now that she knows the full power of the Sol emeralds, she had no problems booting them up in Sonic Rush Adventure. Then we figure in the tidbits we learn from Sonic 06 (however it fits in the continuity) and we see that Blaze is the only character in the franchise to be able to wield both sets of emeralds. (among other useful nuggets).

She may well be more capable than Sonic.

Well, we can't count 06 for much with Blaze, as 06's "future" and SRA's "alternate dimension" seem to be literal polar opposites. In 06 there might be no Sol Emeralds at all.

However, in Rush Adventure, Sonic and Blaze seem to use BOTH sets of Emeralds simultaneously. Either Sonic and Blaze used the power of separate sets, or they just split the energy, but they both SEEMED to use them.

Also Sonic is faster than Blaze and is quite a bit more handy with his Emeralds at the moment. I doubt Blaze could use any form of Chaos Control currently.

It's just the matter that her powers are undeveloped, and she's had less experience than Sonic most likely.

Well, we can't count 06 for much with Blaze, as 06's "future" and SRA's "alternate dimension" seem to be literal polar opposites. In 06 there might be no Sol Emeralds at all.

True, but in the end I think we are left to assume that there is a connection between Sonic Rush and 06. We just don’t know exactly what that connection is at the moment. Blaze is the bridging factor between both titles (which in turn leads to the many theories concerning her existence).

I guess that if we are to assume that it is the same “Blaze” (which I imagine is the majority of us) than the powers can be interchanged. But that is up to individual interpretation I guess.

However, in Rush Adventure, Sonic and Blaze seem to use BOTH sets of Emeralds simultaneously. Either Sonic and Blaze used the power of separate sets, or they just split the energy, but they both SEEMED to use them.

I always just thought of that as a cool cinematic displaying the harmony between Chaos and Sol. Still seeing as how Sonic turned into Super Sonic, and not into one of X many forms he acquires from other majestic items, and then stacking in the likelihood of such an alternate transformation by using the polar opposite of the Chaos Emeralds, than I think it a safe bet that Sonic only pulled power from his own emeralds.

Also Sonic is faster than Blaze and is quite a bit more handy with his Emeralds at the moment. I doubt Blaze could use any form of Chaos Control currently.

Which Blaze counters with hovering capabilities, agility, cunning (she is apparently well learned) and Fire.

.... also, going back to 06 (as my position inclines me too) she toatally pulled off a Chaos Control.

It's just the matter that her powers are undeveloped, and she's had less experience than Sonic most likely.

I too think its clear that Blaze has yet to develop her full potential (few character have actually). As for experience, she might have been fighting Nega just as long as Sonic has crossed paths with Eggman. Admittedly, Nega is the worse of two evils here, making Blaze the probable ringleader in experience.

Edited by Gallia

Which Blaze counters with hovering capabilities, agility, cunning (she is apparently well learned) and Fire.

.... also, going back to 06 (as my position inclines me too) she toatally pulled off a Chaos Control.

Sonic has just as much agility and cunning and Blaze, and can, like I mention with my tiers, essentially use his pure raw speed to control wind. He can't quite hover like she can though, and her fire powers seem natural, unlike Sonic's which is mostly a trick.

Also in 06 I don't remember her using Chaos Control, I think the only time she even held the emeralds was when she sealed Iblis inside herself, and that's not quite Chaos Control like Sonic, Shadow, and Silver do.

Also, as we've seen from Nega, if Blaze ever fought him, he's essentially just Eggman, but more "I WILL KILL EVERYTHING IF I LOSE" so I doubt she ever fought him in a giant mecha until Rush, or else her lack of Super form would have put her at a MAJOR disadvantage. So in terms of fighting bigger shit I think Sonic's still got her beat.

Sonic has just as much agility and cunning and Blaze, and can, like I mention with my tiers, essentially use his pure raw speed to control wind. He can't quite hover like she can though, and her fire powers seem natural, unlike Sonic's which is mostly a trick.

Also in 06 I don't remember her using Chaos Control, I think the only time she even held the emeralds was when she sealed Iblis inside herself, and that's not quite Chaos Control like Sonic, Shadow, and Silver do.

Also, as we've seen from Nega, if Blaze ever fought him, he's essentially just Eggman, but more "I WILL KILL EVERYTHING IF I LOSE" so I doubt she ever fought him in a giant mecha until Rush, or else her lack of Super form would have put her at a MAJOR disadvantage. So in terms of fighting bigger shit I think Sonic's still got her beat.

Not to pick on Sonic, but he didn't even know what the Arabian Knights were. When it comes to practical knowledge, he is a dunce in many, many ways. Blaze on the other hand, is steeped in mythological lure and history. Both are useful concepts in this series. Plus, all that inteligence is a bonus in battle, just look at Tails.

And while Blaze isn't as fast as the Blue Blur, she is still one of the few "supersonic" speed characters.

06 Blaze demonstrated her using the Chaos emeralds to seal herself in another dimension. While it took a second to do it, it is no different than what Shadow utilizes the ability for in the comics (most notably Universe #1). The time lapse could be explained by the concept of her planned destination. No other character has traveled as far via Chaos Control in the games.

Finally, Nega shows he has thing for doomsday creatures in the Rivals series. Seeing as how he also was able to successfully masquerade as Eggman in Rush proves that he also is well capable in designing and deploying the combat mechs Eggman is so used to using. While in all likelihood, Blaze gets to avoid the god of the week Sonic rubs shoulders with, she still would have had plenty of opportunities to boost her experience in a manner at least similar to Sonic.

When I look at this, I just can’t see why Blaze wouldn’t have a permanent seat on the god tier. The fact that you can even make a solid argument to put her in the same building as the character that is universally at the top of the power rankings speaks volumes. It doesn't really matter which Blaze you go with either. 06 Blaze is infused with the power of Iblis, which on top of what she could already do is significant. The Rush Blaze has the super form stacked on an excess of fire based moves. (Then there’s the combination of the two)

Edited by Gallia

Sonic has just as much agility and cunning and Blaze, and can, like I mention with my tiers, essentially use his pure raw speed to control wind.

I'd argue on the cunning part.

Sonic being able to quick step in Unleashed while at full speed seems to go in favor of him being agile along with his blazing speed, but when it comes to being cunning, he's actually one of the more reckless characters in the series. That's not to say he doesn't try to plan things out while going against a threat, but compared to other characters (even compared to nuclear powerhouses like Shadow), he'll leave a sizable trail of destruction in his wake.

Ironically, his recklessness serves in his favor, as when he does go head to head against a threat, his lack of cunning actually does some pretty serious damage without doing too much harm to him.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Ironically, his recklessness serves in his favor, as when he does go head to head against a threat, his lack of cunning actually does some pretty serious damage without doing too much harm to him.

Being hardheaded is a benifit when your main plan of attack involves careening into things at 500 mph.

Not to pick on Sonic, but he didn't even know what the Arabian Knights were. When it comes to practical knowledge, he is a dunce in many, many ways. Blaze on the other hand, is steeped in mythological lure and history. Both are useful concepts in this series. Plus, all that inteligence is a bonus in battle, just look at Tails.

Neither do you, obviously. XD

Also, last I checked, he did know somewhat. He must just have never gotten a chance to read it until he got that cold and probably just got bored.

Blaze is also the Princess of her world/country/whatever. She would be taught that kind of thing from birth, where Sonic never really got the chance. Even so, she's not Tails smart, where his creations help him in battle, but she is more book smart than Sonic.

Also I doubt Sonic isn't cunning, but neither really is Blaze when they're both kicking ass. However, outside of jumping on robots, Sonic seems fairly smart. He's got a tendency to run headlong into whatever he's currently facing (literally) but he DOES know when that'll get him or someone else killed/badly hurt.

Neither do you, obviously. XD

Oops. Storybook series kinda merged on me there.

Also I doubt Sonic isn't cunning, but neither really is Blaze when they're both kicking ass. However, outside of jumping on robots, Sonic seems fairly smart. He's got a tendency to run headlong into whatever he's currently facing (literally) but he DOES know when that'll get him or someone else killed/badly hurt.

I would think that those last few words would be a testament of him not being stupid rather than him being particularly smart. Practically any living thing only needs to learn the “don’t touch the stove” lesson once.

Blaze on the other hand, clearly has some knowledge as a result of her tutelage. Knowing your enemy is half the battle, and she would have a leg up on Sonic in that regard, even if she doesn’t need it most of the time as 99% opponents fall before the perilous might of the homing attack/fire claw.

Point withstanding, A little intel in battle is always good.

Edited by Gallia

Point withstanding, A little intel in battle is always good.

Well, Sonic really mostly fights Eggman. He knows Eggman pretty well, and any other villain he's fought he know pretty well by the time they have any power. Chaos he fights repeatedly, Dark Gaia depends on the version of Unleashed (either he actively fights DG, or he just kinda runs though his head.) but he sees Chip kick its ass, Merlina he actually knew pretty well before she Heel-Face-Turned, Metal Sonic... Well, in CD all they did was run but in Heroes he got the chance to see the others fight Metal first, so that's handy. And uh, I guess Erazor is the only one Sonic doesn't see fighting, or fight himself until the actual fight.

So intel isn't something Sonic really lacks either, but I see your point.

Also, the fact that Sonic's mind can easily see paths and obstacles and avoid them (at least during cutscenes, lol i'm not good at Unleashed) while running at over 300 miles per hour, he's at least got a pretty quick brain.

I doubt he's the smartest, but he's at least slightly more intelligent than the average person.

I doubt he's the smartest, but he's at least slightly more intelligent than the average person.

Most defenatly. In the least, he's quick witted enough to spew endless one-liners. Still, looking over his sholder at Tails or Eggman 24/7 would make anyone look stupid. laugh.gif

Edited by Gallia

Also, the fact that Sonic's mind can easily see paths and obstacles and avoid them (at least during cutscenes, lol i'm not good at Unleashed) while running at over 300 miles per hour, he's at least got a pretty quick brain.

I'd attribute that to his reflexes than his smarts tho. When you see some incoming object coming your way that seems likely to hurt you, it only takes a split second for someone to realize they need to duck, and they do so without thinking about.

Since Sonic moves much faster than normal, it only makes sense that he has more finely tune reflexes to help dodge things coming his way while he's bolting at those speeds. The Blue Blur outmanuvers lasers for crying out loud, and lord knows those move way faster than sound. :lol:

Obstacle evasion =!= Strategic genius?

Tails needs more love on the Tiers. Sure, he's not been much of a powerhouse lately (Unleashed, SA2-mecha-hiding), but Tails Adventures still counts for a lot in my humble opinion. In that game Tails is pretty much RAMBO, a one-man army creeping through the jungles and blowing the shit out of a highly advanced occupying force.

And have you seen what he can do with the Rhythm Badge in Adventure 1? Rapid Tails Attack is a beast.

SA1_TailAttack.PNG

WHEEEEEEE!!

I'd attribute that to his reflexes than his smarts tho. When you see some incoming object coming your way that seems likely to hurt you, it only takes a split second for someone to realize they need to duck, and they do so without thinking about.

Well, haven't you ever noticed that people who aren't the smartest actually have slower reflexes? Sonic's ability to even THINK about where to move with his speed means that his brain is at the very least faster than normal.

Well, haven't you ever noticed that people who aren't the smartest actually have slower reflexes?

Actually, that depends on what you mean by "smart".

A Scientist isn't exactly going to have such refined reflexes as a Martial Artist.

And developing reflexes like those are something you have to train your mind, it's not exactly something that has to do with smarts. Animals in the wild have much better reflexes than we humans do, and yet they're nowhere near as smart as we've shown ourselves to be. Understand how that example relates to this?

Sonic's ability to even THINK about where to move with his speed means that his brain is at the very least faster than normal.

Again, that has to do with reflexes. The moment you see an opening is something that you take advantage of, and you don't have time think about the consequences when things are rush at you at the speeds Sonic moves.

Actually, that depends on what you mean by "smart".

A Scientist isn't exactly going to have such refined reflexes as a Martial Artist.

No, but they both are more intelligent than normal people. The difference is what part of the brain they're using. Sonic is undoubtedly at least a little over average, but the fact that his brain can process movements FAR faster than normal means that he can think a situation out quickly, though not quite as accurately as Tails could. Like in SA2, Sonic could at least think though and figure out how to Chaos Control, in what is about 5 seconds. Pretty impressive.

Like I said, he's not overly intelligent, but he's quick and able to think quick. That's the difference.

No, but they both are more intelligent than normal people. The difference is what part of the brain they're using. Sonic is undoubtedly at least a little over average, but the fact that his brain can process movements FAR faster than normal means that he can think a situation out quickly, though not quite as accurately as Tails could. Like in SA2, Sonic could at least think though and figure out how to Chaos Control, in what is about 5 seconds. Pretty impressive.

No one will deny that Sonic can think quickly in a pinch, but you can't use quick thinking as a means of saying that he's a cunning character compared to those who are more so such as Tails. Him figuring out that he knew Chaos Control was probably a desperate attempt to save his own life, as he would've been really stuck otherwise. I doubt even Tails would've figured that out that quickly with him being smarter than Sonic, unless he was Sonic himself.

When you put it like that, it makes me see Sonic as more of a daring character than an intelligent one, since he gets himself up in situations a more cautious person wouldn't attempt to be in, while he stares the impossible in its face and makes it out in one piece.

Like I said, he's not overly intelligent, but he's quick and able to think quick. That's the difference.

True. But thinking quick does have it's differences from being intelligence.

The way I see it, intelligence has more long term planning while thinking quick is more short term. If they were exactly the same, Sonic would've found ways to disprove Einstein's laws of relativity. :P

I know that was an exaggeration, but I'm just broadening the difference between being smart and being a quick thinker that you gave out.

I'm not sure that I'd put down his learning Chaos Control to quick thinking so much as quick feeling. I'm sure that there's plenty of calculation involved for someone who's trying to use the emeralds to power a machine or something, but I doubt Sonic spent the five seconds in that pod doing algebra, y'know?

Anyway, I mostly agree with CSS on this. The sheer speed that Sonic's brain would have to operate at is interesting to contemplate, but it doesn't have much effect on his intellect by traditional standards, and apart from letting him use his physical abilities, it doesn't have any effect on his personality or his actions outside of when he's BOOSTBOOSTBOOSTing.

God Tier

- Sonic: He can not only run faster than an organic creature on the planet, he can essentially use his speed to control wind around his body, to the point of being able to create controlled tornadoes. He can also hit his full speed at will with enough energy, and is sharp enough to cut through metal.

Also he's defeated everyone I have up here on the God Tier. So yeah he'll kick some ass.

- Chip: Uh, he's an actual god who has rebuilt the Earth on multiple occasions. Also can make a Megazord out of stone temples and kick major ass.

- Dark Gaia: See Chip, except he can't do the Megazord thing and he destroys the world instead.

- Chaos: God of Destruction. Almost wiped out all of Knuckles' clan, then a whole city.

- Metal Sonic: Runs as fast as Sonic, can generate an indestructible barrier, and can copy the data of others. He's essentially Sonic with Axel's Copy Shot.

High Tier

- Shadow: Essentially the ultimate in evolution. Doesn't hurt that he's immortal and invincible, and can control time and space at will with a Chaos Emerald.

- Blaze: Shown so far to have nearly the same capabilities and powers as Sonic, just a bit slower. She could more than likely be a God Tier, but she's been in 3 major games and none of them involved her fighting gods.

- Knuckles: Breaks rock just with a simple punch. Also can glide though unknown means. Can also go Super, and keep pace with Sonic up to some point. Pretty powerful dude.

- Espio: Is a fucking ninja. I rest my case.

- Amy: Now, don't yell at me. She's a girl, so naturally, yeah, she's in some DiD situations. That's the media for ya. But she's got a giant hammer, and a maternal instinct and care for other so great that she can literally turn and kick the shit out of what she's pissed at. With ease. Then yell at them. Then beat them up some more.

- Metal Knuckles: He's pretty much Knuckles but Metal. Not super fast, but if he's anything like Metal Sonic, then he's got all the power areas covered.

- Omega: He has guns out of every plausible location, and is super strong. Also can last hundreds of years with just a coating of dust. Pretty strong robot thar, Eggman must be pissed he never used him.

Mid Tier

- Tails: I hate to put him here, but Tails is "normal" for the Sonic universe. He can fly using his tails SOMEHOW, but isn't the best fighter. He can't really match Sonic's speed either, and for what he can do, it involves him hovering, not actually RUNNING.

- Eggman: ... Other than build shit and have a high IQ, he's obviously not that strong. His legs might have some power, but that's from toting his fatass around all the time.

- Vector: Strong yeah, but kinda slow, and hasn't shown up much.

- Charmy: Well... He's kicked some ass, yeah. Not to mention he's strong enough to pick dudes up. Is cool.

- Big: He's strong, fat, and can kick ass. He's also a little dumb and really slow. Not quite High Tier, but he's a good dude.

Low Tier

- Cream: She's capable, but... Eh. She's a little kid, you know? She's not up there yet.

Bottom Tier

- Rouge: Went from being semi strong at the least, to being just spy like. SA2 was the only time she showed much strength, so she's kinda at the bottom rung here. :\

- Cheese: Strong for a Chao, but he just kinda headbutts dudes. Also not really that strong.

-Tails Doll: It's just fucking creepy. It's not even a good character in Sonic R.

Slag Tier

- Vanilla: I have no clue what she's done ever.

- Any and all Chao other than Cheese: They do nothing.

Are you kidding me? Shadow is essentially Sonic's equal therefore stronger than the characters you ranked before him and last I checked Shadow defeated Metal Sonic in Sonic Rivals so his strength is beyond that of Metals.

And I like how you didn't put Black doom or Solaris on that list.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Are you kidding me? Shadow is essentially Sonic's equal therefore stronger than the characters you ranked before him and last I checked Shadow defeated Metal Sonic in Sonic Rivals so his strength is beyond that of Metals.

And I like how you didn't put Black doom or Solaris on that list.

Hey hey hey.

If you think differently, make you're own tier list on you opinions. Don't bitch on someone else just because they put your favorite character lower than you want them. That shit is uncalled for, and you know it. We don't need any attitude over this junk.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

Saying Super forms are God Tier holds as much wait as saying Sonic is blue.

Anywho:

God Tier

Big - Once reeled in a fish that could've swallowed every other character whole, and wrestled it right in the middle of the lake and snapped it's spinal cord with his bare hands. Bitch is badass.

Cheese - He's the REAL powerhouse behind Cream. He can kill any boss by just ramming into it unharmed.

High Tier

Sonic - obviously

Shadow - obviously

Knuckles - he's just about the only other character to be able to hold his own against Sonic for the most part(and even Shadow if you wanna count X), whether he wins or loses not withstanding

Blaze - same as Knuckles

Middle Tier

Silver - I know what your thinking, but to me, while he is certainly capable to be as strong as Sonic and Shadow, he's still rather easy to beat,

Rouge - Is around the same level of skill as Knuckles, but doesn't appear to be able to take on most of the High Tiers, unlike Knuckles.

Amy - Kinda in the middle. She's got the power, but not sure about the skill.

Low Tier

Tails - Not much of a physical fighter, but does show signs of being more able bodied.

Bottom Tier

Can't think of anyone else

Slag Tier

Cream - Since when could she hold her own? If you wanna count X, Cheese had already warmed him up for her. ;)

Wish I could include Metal but I can't recall any time where he's actually fought face to face against any other character. A rough guess says somewhere in between lower High Tier and upper Mid Tier.

No one will deny that Sonic can think quickly in a pinch, but you can't use quick thinking as a means of saying that he's a cunning character compared to those who are more so such as Tails. Him figuring out that he knew Chaos Control was probably a desperate attempt to save his own life, as he would've been really stuck otherwise. I doubt even Tails would've figured that out that quickly with him being smarter than Sonic, unless he was Sonic himself.

When you put it like that, it makes me see Sonic as more of a daring character than an intelligent one, since he gets himself up in situations a more cautious person wouldn't attempt to be in, while he stares the impossible in its face and makes it out in one piece.

True. But thinking quick does have it's differences from being intelligence.

The way I see it, intelligence has more long term planning while thinking quick is more short term. If they were exactly the same, Sonic would've found ways to disprove Einstein's laws of relativity. :P

I know that was an exaggeration, but I'm just broadening the difference between being smart and being a quick thinker that you gave out.

Edited by Shadic93

God Tier

Solaris and it’s halves Mephiles the Dark and Iblis– being an actual god an’ all.

Chip and Dark Gaia – again, pretty much actual gods, also Chip likes ice-cream, I can dig that.

The Babylon Guardian & Erazor Djinn – seems to be a genies of some kind, making them pretty powerful.

Chaos – it’s Chaos, seriously, it’s a god-tier character.

Black Doom – I think this is right, Doom is some kind of all powerful alien leader with a powerful third eye who’s blood made Shadow, so damn man. God Tier.

Tikal – Wait? What? Well she’s a ghost and that pretty much makes her a force to be reckoned with, as y’know, she’s undead and do what she pleases in a ghost-like manner

High Tier

Sonic the Hedgehog – is supposedly the fastest thing alive, can transform into a giant fucking Werehog as well as harness the powers of the chaos emeralds, perform Light Dash and Chaos Control, create his own momentary force field (Sonic 3). He’s not the sharpest crayon in the box though.

Shadow the Hedgehog – Shadow is supposed to be Sonic’s equal, in theory he could be more powerful if written as such, he has more Chaos based powers, like Chaos Spear and Chaos Blast but he needs technology or Chaos emeralds to make him Sonic’s match whereas Sonic is naturally that fast regardless of what shoes he wears.

Blaze the Cat – Sonic’s equivalent from her world, in addition to being as fast or nearly as fast the main hedgehog she can control fire at all times without any kind of power-up and can also go super. Though I’ve not seen her perform any Chaos (or Sol) related powers like Sol Control or whatnot.

Mighty the Armadillo – In theory. Both comics put him as the strongest thing on the planet.

Metal Sonic – again, supposed match for Sonic with the ability to copy other people’s moves but other than raw speed and being durable and easily reparable along with some strength that would come naturally to a robot he doesn’t have so much else to make him powerful

Silver the Hedgehog – Hear me out. Silver has vast telekinesis and is able to go Super. That’s my explanation.

Cheese– nothing can stop the Cheese!

Mid Tier

Knuckles the Echidna – the highest of the mid-tier animals as the only character who can go super, or hyper, Knuckles is a good fighter, can scale walls, glide and dig, has spiked knuckles on his blood hands and is constantly portrayed as stronger than most other characters (isn’t he?) but he’s gullible.

Tails and Eggman – I see these two on able the same level, I remember something about Tails being roughly on bar with Eggman in terms of I.Q. and he certainly seems to be able to understand the workings of Eggman’s machines. Both are not so useful in fist fight, though Tails can fly by himself, but both are so damn smart it doesn’t matter.

Rogue the Bat – no superpowers to speak of but constantly portrayed as the top in her field of spying and jewel thievery and appears to have incredibly powerful legs and claws. Also has a nice rack.

Omega – supposedly built to be able to contain Shadow, which is a hell of a thing to be built for, but given Eggman’s…skills at building enemies I doubt he actually could, and we’ve seen no proof that he could anyway but he does have awesome firepower and seems very hard to break.

Espio the Chameleon – able to run at high speeds, walk on any surface regardless of angle and become invisible, has full ninja training, skilled detective and his Tornado attack, plus a prehensile tongue strong enough to lift another animal off the over his head Espio’s pretty tough when you think about it ain’t he?

Bean the Dynamite – Theoretically Bean can produce an unlimited supply of explosives out of thin air. That puts him pretty high in the power stakes, unfortunately he may be totally insane…

Bomb of Heavy & Bomb – another risky one but think about this like I did – Bomb can explode with enough force to knock all the rings out of you, then replicate, he’s an unkillable, explodable A.I. with a sense of right and wrong and a mechanic.

Low Tier

Storm the Albatross – Very strong according to Wikipedia (lol) as well as skilled at using Gear, he’s thick though isn’t the? Being so short tempered and impatient doesn’t help his case, but in terms of power he’s got it.

Vector the Crocodile – very strong, a good climber and able to breath sound waves and fire according to Sonic Heroes, his actual strength I find debatable however, probably because he didn’t start out as a strength character as such I place him below Storm the Albatross, who’s vast strength is noted.

Amy Rose – she has a magical hammer and when not stalking Sonic (I presume she’s not stalking Sonic at some point, she has to pee right?) she seems to be quite the sensible young lady. Her speed seems to have increased with every playable appearance, and oh yeah, she has a magic hammer.

Wave the Swallow – she’s a Gear genius and a better mechanic than Tails or Eggman supposedly but she doesn’t seem to have much skills outside of her specific area, whereas we’ve seen Eggman and Tails build all sorts of stuff.

Fang the Sniper – as much as I love Nack, we don’t see him succeed very often do we? He has to have had some skill to get to the Special Zones and steal the chaos emeralds, he’s clearly got good accuracy with firearms, a useful tail and is a skilled but he does fail a lot.

Bark the Polarbear – Bark is supposed to be pretty damn strong, but without much data we don’t really know how strong, he can make his hands enlarge though, which is pretty sweet.

Jet the Hawk – Jet is possibly the best Gear rider in the world but off his board he’s not really much use for anything other than being a bit sneaky.

Bottom Tier

Charmy Bee – Charmy used to be able to fly indefinitely, can he still that? I thought he could, he can also teleport between flowers, which is useful, unless there’s no flowers. He’s also scatterbrained, young, inexperienced and annoying.

Ray the Flying Squirrel – now Ray’s not as useless as one might think, he can run at a high speed, fly (supposedly) and has a prehensile tail, he’s a big of a sissy but I don’t’ think he belongs in Slag tier.

Cream the Rabbit – I refuse to put Cream in ‘slag tier’ because, well, she can fly! Apparently her stats are equal to Tails except for her I.Q. and though she is a pacifist she can fly.

Slag Tier

Marine – now I like Marine, as a character and all, but in terms of usefulness, she has about none. Poor Marine.

Heavy of Heavy & Bomb – Heavy is in theory pretty strong and pretty indestructible, but really he’s just the robot equivalent of a rock. So unless Mighty wants to use him as a projectile he’s pretty worthless.

Vanilla- MILF or not, she's useless, and conservative too.

I really couldnt' decide where to Merlina or Big the Cat...suggestions?

Chaos – it’s Chaos, seriously, it’s a god-tier character.
I could only see Chaos as god tier if we're counting Perfect Chaos, in which case Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, and Silver should be here as well, due to their Super forms. Chaos 0 is really more mid tier material.

Black Doom – I think this is right, Doom is some kind of all powerful alien leader with a powerful third eye who’s blood made Shadow, so damn man. God Tier.
Doom's a hack. He really isn't anything more than a Mid-tier outside of his Devil Doom form, and even then he ain't so hot. Definitely not a god tier candidate.

Tikal – Wait? What? Well she’s a ghost and that pretty much makes her a force to be reckoned with, as y’know, she’s undead and do what she pleases in a ghost-like manner
Considering "what she pleases" is nonviolent resistance, I don't think these assumed spooky ghost powers are going to get much use...

Omega – supposedly built to be able to contain Shadow, which is a hell of a thing to be built for, but given Eggman’s…skills at building enemies I doubt he actually could, and we’ve seen no proof that he could anyway but he does have awesome firepower and seems very hard to break.
I would think that he had done it in Silver's future would be proof enough...

Marine – now I like Marine, as a character and all, but in terms of usefulness, she has about none. Poor Marine.

I really couldnt' decide where to Merlina or Big the Cat...suggestions?
Merlina seems overall pretty helpless; maybe bottom tier, for what little magic she can do. Big, either low or bottom. Guy can lift a car over his head without much effort.

Mighty the Armadillo – In theory. Both comics put him as the strongest thing on the planet.

This is an informed ability at best, because no evidence at all proves Mighty's strength, especially when compared to Knuckles.

Silver the Hedgehog – Hear me out. Silver has vast telekinesis and is able to go Super. That’s my explanation.

Having telekineses doesn't make him all powerful, now if he used it more efficiently then yeah, and going Super isn't anything special considering five other characters can do it too.

Mid Tier

Knuckles the Echidna – the highest of the mid-tier animals as the only character who can go super, or hyper, Knuckles is a good fighter, can scale walls, glide and dig, has spiked knuckles on his blood hands and is constantly portrayed as stronger than most other characters (isn’t he?) but he’s gullible.

Being gullible isn't too much of a hinderance, seeing how despite it he can hold his own against Sonic( and Shadow if you wanna count X).

Doom's a hack. He really isn't anything more than a Mid-tier outside of his Devil Doom form, and even then he ain't so hot. Definitely not a god tier candidate.

Seeing how Devil Doom is just Black Doom's One winged angel, there the same person. Besides Doom is a leader of an alien race, that's pretty godlike if you ask me.

Edited by Shadic93