Awoo.

Sonic character tier list

Aquaslash

Seeing how Devil Doom is just Black Doom's One winged angel, there the same person.
...yes. I...never said any different. So, uh, what?

Besides Doom is a leader of an alien race, that's pretty godlike if you ask me.
...what? No.

...what? No.

So commanding an entire race of people, isn't godlike in the least. Having the power over millions to do your bidding, and if one messes up, you can off them at any second, sounds pretty godly to me

Actually, considering Doom was a filler villain and not coming back, we can dismiss this, let's stick with recurring characters.

Edited by Shadic93

So commanding an entire race of people, isn't godlike in the least.
Not in any sense we're talking about. Unless you think kings are godlike beings.

I could only see Chaos as god tier if we're counting Perfect Chaos, in which case Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, and Silver should be here as well, due to their Super forms. Chaos 0 is really more mid tier material.

Doom's a hack. He really isn't anything more than a Mid-tier outside of his Devil Doom form, and even then he ain't so hot. Definitely not a god tier candidate.

Considering "what she pleases" is nonviolent resistance, I don't think these assumed spooky ghost powers are going to get much use...

I would think that he had done it in Silver's future would be proof enough...

Merlina seems overall pretty helpless; maybe bottom tier, for what little magic she can do. Big, either low or bottom. Guy can lift a car over his head without much effort.

Hmmm...I agree on Chaos, but i stand by my Black Doom placing

I have no idea what Marine did in that scene, i thought she threw something, but it looks like she has some kind of glow around her fist when i look again...what?

I had no idea Omega did anything like that in the future, must have missed it, i only played through '06 once, i couldnt' stand to play it again. drove me mental.

Yeah Big is pretty strong, i guess he could be stronger than Bark really...

Mighty's semi-informed, i mean he's been shown to use incredible strength outside the SegaSonic cannon and he can kick pretty hard but that's why it's an in theory sort of thing, a 'if this is true'

In a sense they are.
You've got a weird definition of "godlike".

In any case, let's see your list pal.

I could only see Chaos as god tier if we're counting Perfect Chaos, in which case Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, and Silver should be here as well, due to their Super forms. Chaos 0 is really more mid tier material.

Doom's a hack. He really isn't anything more than a Mid-tier outside of his Devil Doom form, and even then he ain't so hot. Definitely not a god tier candidate.

Considering "what she pleases" is nonviolent resistance, I don't think these assumed spooky ghost powers are going to get much use...

I would think that he had done it in Silver's future would be proof enough...

Merlina seems overall pretty helpless; maybe bottom tier, for what little magic she can do. Big, either low or bottom. Guy can lift a car over his head without much effort.

Hmmm...I agree on Chaos, but i stand by my Black Doom placing

I have no idea what Marine did in that scene, i thought she threw something, but it looks like she has some kind of glow around her fist when i look again...what?

I had no idea Omega did anything like that in the future, must have missed it, i only played through '06 once, i couldnt' stand to play it again. drove me mental.

Yeah Big is pretty strong, i guess he could be stronger than Bark really...

Mighty's semi-informed, i mean he's been shown to use incredible strength outside the SegaSonic cannon and he can kick pretty hard but that's why it's an in theory sort of thing, a 'if this is true'

Merlina seems overall pretty helpless; maybe bottom tier, for what little magic she can do.

Merlina's favorite magic trick just happens to be able to summon a certain cerulean speedster, whom we all agree ranks in the god/high tier(s). Shouldn't that kind of power skew the rankings in her favor?

This is an informed ability at best, because no evidence at all proves Mighty's strength, especially when compared to Knuckles.

Uh...his name is MIGHTY, in a series where names mean something. And while the games haven't really taken advantage of his strength, there are two entire canons where he is definitively the strongest fighter ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh...his name is MIGHTY, in a series where names mean something. And while the games haven't really taken advantage of his strength, there are two entire canons where he is definitively the strongest fighter ever.

What does a Rabbit have to do with Cream, A name doesn't mean you're powerful. Mighty is strong, it was never said he was the strongest. That alone doesn't qualify him for God tier.

Edited by Shadic93

Merlina's favorite magic trick just happens to be able to summon a certain cerulean speedster, whom we all agree ranks in the god/high tier(s). Shouldn't that kind of power skew the rankings in her favor?
Summoning only counts in your favor when you can keep the summoned under your control. Considering Sonic was the one who wrecked her plan in the end...

Uh...his name is MIGHTY, in a series where names mean something. And while the games haven't really taken advantage of his strength, there are two entire canons where he is definitively the strongest fighter ever./color]
If we're talking about the games, those other canons mean jack and shit. And "Mighty" can just mean tough in general; they don't need to make him specifically super strong to justify the name. Edited by Diogenes

What does a Rabbit have to do with Cream
Colour. Or if you want to take it to a more interpretive level, edible cream is sweet and so is she. Two meanings for the price of one!

A name doesn't mean you're powerful.
In Sonic naming convention it does. We've been over this before.

Hell, I'm just stunned that people are even trying to debate the strength of a character who is literally Mighty by fucking name. Have you people completely forgotten the bare basics of Sonic naming convention already? Guy who runs at supersonic speeds? Call him Sonic. Guy with an ass propeller a tailcopter? Call him Tails. Guy who prefers to use his fists? Call him Knuckles. Sure, there are a handful of chars that don't follow the naming rule to the letter (hi there Amy and Silver), but when someone in the franchise is specifically named Mighty, it's not because he enjoys tea and crumpets.
And in hindsight I was actually proven wrong about Amy and Silver, so it's kinda interesting to note what can be gathered just by the way Sega names Sonic characters.

Summoning only counts in your favor when you can keep the summoned under your control. Considering Sonic was the one who wrecked her plan in the end...

Well after the events of Black Knight, I think Sonic would be more than willing to lend her a hand.

I am also reminded of Eggman, whose most powerful creations nearly always go a-wall. Hasn't really hurt his stock in some of these lists.

Well after the events of Black Knight, I think Sonic would be more than willing to lend her a hand.
Yeah, but that's like saying Cream is top tier because she has a lot of powerful friends. Sonic's not under her control just because she summons him, and (especially given that this is Sonic we're talking about) he'll act on his own, regardless of what she wishes. So it's basically just a very specialized teleportation spell.

I am also reminded of Eggman, whose most powerful creations nearly always go a-wall. Hasn't really hurt his stock in some of these lists.
Mostly because he can still build a pretty good boss mech when he's not fooling around with gods and demons and whatever.

Yeah, but that's like saying Cream is top tier because she has a lot of powerful friends. Sonic's not under her control just because she summons him, and (especially given that this is Sonic we're talking about) he'll act on his own, regardless of what she wishes. So it's basically just a very specialized teleportation spell.

Fair enough.

Mostly because he can still build a pretty good boss mech when he's not fooling around with gods and demons and whatever.

*cough*MetalSonic*hack*Gamma*wheeze*Omega*choke*

I figure the ability to build bots like that are what we respect Eggy for.

Not to mention some of his machines are bastards to destroy.

Its ironic how Eggy can make awesome robots like Omega, and Metal yet he can't keep them under control.

To be fair though, Metal only rebelled for one game and was almost mindlessly obedient afterwards. But it's kinda interesting that every other AI he's ever made almost universally seems rebellious and/or a complete nuicance in some way, even if it's just to the extent of 5A-55 who remains a pessimistic little twat in just about every appearance he makes. To be honest, I kinda like it as a character trait/flaw, but as far as tiers go, he's definently a lot better when he's using machines of his own making and control, like all those eggpod mods and fucking big mechs and such. Outside of that, he's essentially a joke character.

But it's kinda interesting that every other AI he's ever made almost universally seems rebellious and/or a complete nuicance in some way,

It's even more mind boggling when you consider that his original AI's (Scratch, Grounder, Cluck ect) basically fought over his affection.

Someone said Shadow and Blaze need Chaos Emeralds or Sol Emeralds to match Sonic's speed and power in base, plus enhancements to reach his speed. Is that true?

To be fair though, Metal only rebelled for one game and was almost mindlessly obedient afterwards.

ACTUALLY...

Metal Sonic goes all disobedient on Eggman at the end of Free Riders to face off against Sonic once again. That game really is essentially Sonic Heroes on hoverboards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone said Shadow and Blaze need Chaos Emeralds or Sol Emeralds to match Sonic's speed and power in base, plus enhancements to reach his speed. Is that true?

Don't know what source you get your info from.

Shadow doesn't need an emerald to be as fast as Sonic, he just is.

Blaze was never as fast as him to begin with, she was just more agile, being a cat and all.

My list not only includes Sonic characters, but enemies and bosses as well!

God Tier

Solaris, Perfect Chaos, Devil Doom, Eggman's last boss mechs. Mephiles too, just because he killed Sonic. King Arthur, Final Hazard, Devil Doom, Alf Layla-wa-Layla. Light Gaia and Dark Gaia. Super and Hyper forms.

High Tier

Biolizard, Black Doom, Erazor Djinn, Chaos 6 and 5, Metal Sonic, Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Wave, Blaze, Eggman, Eggman Nega, Captain Whisker Metal Sonic 2.0 Metal Knuckles (Sonic R) and Tails Doll. Mecha Sonic too. Shadow and EggRobo, Omega, Rouge. Big, Shade, Silver, Vector, Espio and Storm. Mighty, Fang/Knack and Bark. Most of the bosses also go here. Eggman's normal and mid boss mechs go here, too.

Mid Tier

Chaos 4 and 3, 2, 1 and 0 (I realize he skips a few forms in the game, this is under assumption), Amy, Gamma, Cream, and Johnny go here as well. The chief of the echidna tribe fits here too. And Beta goes here, as well. Silver Sonic also goes here. Ray, Bean and Jet. And any of the other echidna tribe members from chronicles. Knux's echidna tribe members, too. Generic Babylon Rogues as well.

Low Tier

Shahra, Doom's Eye, Merlina, Tikal, Cream, Zero, Shahra, all of Eggman's robots. Even the 06 ones! Charmy too. Heavy and Bomb, too.

Bottom Tier

Sonic Man, Vanilla

Shit Tier

Elise, Chip.

Edit: I herped so many derps. I should have read the first post before posting, because I thought this was a character preference tier topic. I now have changed my tier list. I think it's more accurate now.

Edited by Shade Vortex