Awoo.

AVP dumping ground thread

Badnik Mechanic

For some reason, I'm a subscriber to Powerstation magazine, I don't know why as it's not very good anymore... for those who don't know, Powerstation was a Playstation only cheat magazine since the very first month of the first playstaion... about 3 months ago it went multi-format... an obvious sign that it's not getting many sales.

Now I've just got my copy today... turned to the next month section... and in big letters, with a picture too it says this...

"On Sale 23 April 2009: Aliens Colonial Marines. Prepare to unleash hell!"

Now it's not uncommon for magazines to make 'next month' statements that don't see the light of day... but this is not a review magazine... it's a cheat one... cheat magazines these days tend to be quite late with their guides unless it's a huge title.

But this isn't exactly recent news, that the game has been delayed, it came about at a time that should have been well within the time required to re-edit the magazine. Especially the next month section.

So what does this mean?

Either this is one of the biggest exclusives of all time... or someone has made a huge blunder... theres no way this can be real, but I just cannot get my head around why they would say they would have a guide next month!

Especially since Imagine Publishing have already said in many of their other mags (which a lot of the Powerstation staff work on) that Aliens Colonial Marines has been delayed to make way for Alien Vs Predator 3!

Here is a photo for your amusement...

aliensnextmonth.jpg

Edited by Casanova

Maybe they're adding a previews section next month.

Or maybe it'll be obvious tips that would work in any other FPS. (Stay with your teammates. Aim at your enemies and shoot them until they're dead.)

• 5 weeks later...

I have the new issue...

Was it an April fools gag... NO.

Was it a misprint.... NO.

Is Aliens Colonial Marines in the mag... YES.

D'Melvin: WELL!?

Aliens Colonial Marines was mentioned in the magazine... in the readers letters section...

This is what it said.

Question: I noticed in your 'next month' page in issue 164 that you intend to publish a full guide for Aliens: Colonial Marines in your next issue. I didn't think this game was out for ages so was this some sort of cheecky April Fool's joke or do you actually have the game. If so, what's it like?

--- Philip Cotterill, via email.

Answer:

Ryan says: April Fool, yes... no, unfortunately it is just another classic example of a game slipping even further down the release schedules. Bah!

What? So let me see if I understand this right, they had a Press copy of the game confirmed, and now they don't? even though the game was no where near ready for release even before the alien Vs Peredator 3 announcement?

You know what I think, Powerstation are loosing readers because lately their guides are utter crap, so they published a bullshit guide in their next month to try and increase sale.

... Or... if they really are telling the truth... it would indicate that A:CM is or at least was very close to a final release if cheat magazines were promised a copy for the guides, as usually these magazines publish guides just before or a month after a release.

Aim for the head

... of the idiots that publish this magazine. Seriously, I highly doubt the game's anywhere close to being finished.

Not a chance in hell, before they pushed the game back there was no sign of it, there was a 7 second gameplay video online and a big feature in one magazine, but that was it.

It was the mark of a very sloppy tactic to try and get more issues of this months shelf if you ask me, and a shocking poor one at that.

Bah, next year as expected then. I really hope the game gets a showing at E3, if it's absent then I fear for its future.

New info on that new AvP game, taken from PSW

Rebellion co-founder Jason Kingsley has revealed the first solid details for the upcoming Alien vs. Predator game.

Just like the original, the new game will feature three player classes - Aliens, Predators and Marines - each with their own distinct powers and abilities that will form a scissors-paper-stone-style balance system in multiplayer.

But each class will have their own single-player campaign too, as Kinsgley told the mag: "The game is set about 30 years after Aliens on a new planet. It has been colonised for around 20 years and already had a breathable atmosphere.

"As the Colony continued digging for minerals they discovered ancient ruins that immediately caught the attention of Weyland Yutani, who began doing a more thorough sweep of the rest of the planet. That was seven years ago, and recently the company found what they were looking for, but couldn't contain it..."

Kingsley says the game will "dovetail directly into the 20th Century Fox movies, too", but how will it compare to the old games?

"We always had many more ideas that we wanted to put into the previous games, but were limited by the hardware of the time," he told PSW in its world-exclusive preview.

"Now we have been able to push things far further than before. So there's plenty of inspiration and features from the previous games, including the key, iconic weapons and equipment from the 1999 game forming the basis for the latest version's gameplay."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=213431

Scans

MV8OTS5IG0_avp1.jpg CTZGFIEV2N_avp2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Me: Are you excited about AVP 3

everyone: YAY! *nods*

The artist Formerly known as D'Harhan: Meh...

Me: would you like to see the first teaser trailer of the game?

everyone: YAY! *nods and bounces up and down*

The artist Formerly known as D'Harhan: Why can't they release colonial marines...

Me: Well here you are. The first official trailer of the game.

everyone *blink blink...* Wha...?

The artist Formerly known as D'Harhan: CRAP... *spits food at TV*

So how accurate was potrayal to everyones expectations/reactions?

I guess one thing we can take from that trailer... the predators hand has never looked so detailed... And thats about it?

Edited by Casanova

I think it's invasion day... Lots more info just got put onto Segas blog

3548541848_603bc255be.jpg

3547730209_dbe7564099.jpg

3548541720_97731f7af5.jpg

Story

On planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the stars a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs, whilst deep inside the ruined pyramid a malevolent intelligence awakes from centuries of dormancy.

Sounds like the plot for Aliens Vs Predator... the movie? Is that a bad thing? Urm... well... not sure, I guess it would work as a good FPS, the screens clearly show locations set in the colony like the movie Aliens.

We also get a breakdown on the role of each race...

Marine: Fight against the odds, and the horrors lurking in the dark. Beset on all sides yet armed to the teeth, the Colonial Marine represents humanity’s last stand with the firepower to fight back.

Alien: The most murderous and lethal creature in the universe, with the ability to traverse any surface with awesome agility in order to get close enough to unleash its deadly teeth and claws.

Predator: The Predator grants the player a suite of exotic weaponry and equipment with which to stalk its unknowing prey. Earn the greatest honour by ambushing prey up-close and butchering them for a gory trophy kill.

Again, it's very much like the other two AVP games that have come out.

Source

Those look amazing. Of course, whether Rebellion can overcome their recent run of shite is another matter.

Believe it or not but my 13 year old sister is more excited about this than me. In fact I foresee she'll be the one purchasing the game.

Edited by Dobkeratops

• 2 weeks later...

Not got much time to make this before this public computer demands more money.

But just found this that I thought you would like.

AVP 3... GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE! HURRAY!

I've got so little time in fact I've not had chance to watch it all, but from what I have seen it looks very very nice indeed. And if Aliens: Colonial Marines gets released, you've got something very special to look forward too!

• 1 month later...

As awesome as this game is starting to look...I still have more hope for A:CM, if that game is really still being made...

• 3 weeks later...

We've got some new screenshots thanks to the sega blog

Including this one...

3366031397_d65559f7ee.jpg

The war must be won somehow, and by pool it shall be!

3836555681_e7575d827a.jpg

3837346004_fc914308be.jpg

3366031407_a5477abd3c.jpg

Awesome stuff... I hope there will be a swingball multiplayer mode.

Full story here

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got a bit of a big update for people... especially our friends over in Germany...

Today Sega confirmed the following.

Not releasing in Germany!

Thats right, Sega have said no release for Germany, nothing to do with a rating that they have recieved, more like a rating that they'll get. They're just not even going to try and get one, so no release in Germany at all, aparently, the game will get an 18 rating in just about every other region, so they're not even going to try for a German release because they believe it will not get a rating from the board, so release will not be possible.

They have not yet confirmed if they will release in Australia yet either!

Source

Edited by Casanova

• 5 weeks later...

bishop580.jpg

Hi Lance!

Lance Henriksen will appear in the game as Bishop, he's agreed that the game can use his likeness... because and I quote "I may score from this game!"

3 bundles for Europe!

Europe is to get 3 'different bundles' when the game goes on release.... and one version sounds so awesome.

Bundle 1: The Standard Edition: Just the game, nothing else.

Bundle 2: The Survivor Edition: Comes in a steel case and includes codes for extra multiplayer maps (later to be Paid DLC)

Bundle 3: The Hunter Edition: (I guess it's the above and...) a facehugger model, a lenticular postcard, and a "Weyland-Yutani sleeve badge." Gosh darn, we need pictures!

Source

No pictures of the bundles yet... but we do have boxart... everybody loves boxart... right?

avp-box-art03.jpg

Edited by Casanova

Awesome for our friends from the land of 4 X. Now you can play with us EU nutters in the multiplayer mode since it'll most likely match us up in matchmaker.

Oh....

My....

word!

4206846197_fbc15069aa.jpg

THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT! You don't get crap in this collectors version! You won't find a facehugger in your hardened edition! Also! You get the full original Aliens Vs Predator graphic novel!

Source, the sega blog.

This gets the official Barry Chuckle seal of approval!

barry_chuckle.jpg

Edited by Casanova

So. Where are we now with this game? Time for a checklist!

1. Aliens : CHECK

2. Predators: CHECK

3. Marines: CHECK

4. Pulse Rifles: CHECK

5. Motion Trackers: CHECK

6. Weyland-Yutani: CHECK

7. Lance Henriksen: CHECK

8. Genuine Pulse Rifle sound samples: CHECK

9. Another glorious day in the Corps!: CHECK

10. We're all gonna die, man: CHECK

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1057316p1.html

FUCK YES

• 1 month later...

Uber bump!

Steam has released a demo of the AvP game. I haven't tried it yet but it's real as it gets.