Awoo.

Sonic 4: Super Sonic Fully Playable

Blue Blood

They're gonna stick with the newer modern renders, which are the official style now, so Super Sonic's gonna look like this:

520px-Super_sonic_final.png

That's what they've been using since 06 (bar Rush Adventure) so it seems likely. Personally, I'd rather they used the Heroes design as it's more reminiscent of the MegaDrive style. But that's really only because this is Sonic 4 and it'd be a neat throw-back. I like the current design as well though.

Y'know, on the topic of appearance, why don't Sonic's back spines get blasted upwards by the energy field like his head spikes? The only time they did was in Sonic 3&K, actually.

It would be a nice throwback if his back spikes floated upwards again.

They're gonna stick with the newer modern renders, which are the official style now, so Super Sonic's gonna look like this:
The only problem I have with this one is the top spine. I'd prefer if it curved backwards like in the original design, rather than upwards.

Hyper Sonic, anybody?
No thanks...I'd rather they never bring Hyper forms up again...

Speaking of Super Sonic...

hypersonic.gif

Hyper Sonic, anybody?

Not sure what image hosted by Tripod has to do with it there! XD

Hyper Sonic was ugly; glowing yellow/gold looks a lot better than flashing rainbow colors. The afterimages and dash move could be given to Super Sonic if they're really that important. And I prefer they not clutter up the story by having to account for a second set of emeralds and a second tier of transformations.

Why not? Hyper Sonic was killer.

Hyper Sonic will always be a Sonic 3 & Knuckles only form like how Darkspine Sonic form was only for Sonic & The Secret Rings only power up

Edited by Crash And Burn Like 1976

It's cool that Super Sonic's playable in levels again, you could it's back to his roots :P.

This also brings up an interesting possibility for later episodes, because if there are any other playable characters included then they might also get to go Super (maybe we'll finally see a return of Super Tails/Super Knuckles :P)

Hyper Sonic was ugly; glowing yellow/gold looks a lot better than flashing rainbow colors. The afterimages and dash move could be given to Super Sonic if they're really that important. And I prefer they not clutter up the story by having to account for a second set of emeralds and a second tier of transformations.

This. I have nothing against Hyper Sonic, but he served his purpose in S3&K. We've got the Chaos Emeralds and and that's that; I don't see a point in complicating things for the sake of having another shiny version of Sonic. :F

It's definitely awesome to see Super Sonic back in the levels though :D I wasn't one of the folk who was ever overly fussed about it, but it's a nice nod back to the classics. I do have to agree on using a different button to activate him though, cos it used to annoy me to no end when I'd do it by mistake in the old games. He was one of those gimmicks that was awesome at first but soon got tiring, especially as I got better at the games. He made them way too easy and I like stuff to be somewhat challenging lol. Not to mention the music done my head in after a bit.

I am quite fond of him otherwise though, so I definitely can't wait to give him a go again even if only on occasion!

Hyper Sonic? I liked that when I was 10. Still get a kick of it now. Should it come back? No.

The only good thing about Hyper Sonic is his "double jump to twat everything on screen and blast away" bonus skill. Handy for cheating your way into areas that Sonic isn't supposed to be able to reach, completely overpowered otherwise.

It was better than Hyper Knuckles' superpower at least: hell, did anyone but me even notice he had upgrades over Super Knuckles?

"Fly into walls at top speed to slam them and twat everything on screen."

Yeah, just stick to Super Sonic this time please, SEGA. Whilst you're at it, give Episode II and onwards special routes that only Super Sonic can access as a nice completion bonus for people who cleared Episode I.

They could always just use a solid pale light blue.

Why not? Hyper Sonic was killer.
Hyper Sonic was a game breaker, and since Super Sonic as pretty much evolved to that status already, bringing back Hyper would just be redundant.

I might be wrong, but I think that Hyper Sonic may have able to run slightly faster and jump slightly higher/farther than Super Sonic.

I think that if Super Sonic looked the same as always, but had Hyper Sonic's abilities, that could be a fun little bonus.

They should do four sets of Super in four episodes. Super, Hyper, Super Hyper, and Hyper Hyper Sonic. That'd piss people off. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Better, but still not so great. Sonic's already blue; shifting to a different shade doesn't really seem like much of a power increase.

Think of it like an Full Power Super Sayain from DBZ, where they don't give off a wild glow, their only change being the hair color, they are more calm compared to a regular Super, but are actually stronger (I think it had something to do with more control of the massive energy).

In fact, DBZ has quite a few examples of this. Like SSJ 4 compared to SSJ 3, and Frieza's strongest form compared to all his other forms.

They should do four sets of Super in four episodes. Super, Hyper, Super Hyper, and Hyper Hyper Sonic. That'd piss people off. biggrin.gif

Or Super Eggman as the final boss of the last episode.

Edited by Black Spy

They should do four sets of Super in four episodes. Super, Hyper, Super Hyper, and Hyper Hyper Sonic. That'd piss people off. :D

Screw that, I want Super Hyper Darkspine Excalibur Sonic level 3!

I don't mind if Hyper returns, but I'd really much prefer it is he did stay restrained to a final battle.

I used to be big on Hyper Sonic, when he has the hypothetical appearance of "Nazo," that is. But not anymore now.

The golden yellow spiky-haired Super form archetype was how I came into this series, via DBZ. Was a big fan back then, and I still am now, obviously.

So yes, Super Sonic is enough. They could always give him more abilities, though, to further demonstrate his golden power.

As long as I can go FASTER than normal Sonic.. I'm fine with Super or Hyper.. But Hyper would be even better since it's.... Pretty fast..

Um... Yeah..

you all over reacting abit here since super sonic is going in the game and coming up with ideas will there be more super forms is hyper sonic returning to the series

please let the hyper sonic idea go its not going to appear in this game just going to be Sonic and Dr Robotnik (and possibly tails and knux in future episodes) :)

520px-Super_sonic_final.png

Woah; never seen THAT render of Super Sonic before! What's it from?

I think made for 06 or Unleashed- probably the former because it was amongst a lot of other art on an art assets DVD, including Super Silver and Super Shadow. It's never been used outside of a single Japanese magazine (for Unleashed) and the ASR achievement/trophy pictures.

Edited by Blue Blood