Awoo.

Sonic 4: Super Sonic Fully Playable

Blue Blood

I'm all for Super Sonic's return but pleeeeease don't use the invincibility music on loop for him.

Just maybe add some cool thumping percussion to the regular stage music, kinda like an epic version of the effect they use when you jump on Yoshi in the Mario games.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

The render was made for Unleashed, since Super Sonic featured in the intro.

Inclined to disagree, there also was artwork of super Shadow and Super Silver with it.

Inclined to disagree, there also was artwork of super Shadow and Super Silver with it.

Inclined to say it doesn't matter. =D

@JezMM: Agreed. Sonic 3 is the absolute worst offender.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wasn't the artwork for Super Shadow and Super Silver just slight altered/recoloured versions of older artwork. Super Sonic's was the only one that was distinctly new.

Their purpose on the disc was as boxart for toys. the Super Shadow and Super Silver renders were photoshopped versions of older renders provided for that purpose.

Incidentally, the toys don't actually use that art, and we have yet to see a Super Silver of any sort.

Besides, the style is completely wrong to be 06 art =P

Super Sonic's was the only one that was distinctly new.

04.png

I was refering towards the character model being new more than anything else, since Shadow's and Silver's seemed to be minor tweaks of previous poses. But I will admit that I completely forgot that Super Sonic's also copied an old Sonic Channel pose.

Come to think about it, that could possibly be seen as evidence of it being from Sonic Unleashed, since Eggman's artwork also copied his Sonic Channel pose.

Okaaay, is anyone else forgetting the leak we had of Sonic 4 that said: 7 zones, starting with Splash Hill Zone ending with E.G.G Station Zone? Well if the leak was correct about the first and last zones, I'm sure there will be 7 zones in Episode 1.

EDit: I saw it on TSSZ, the article was removed.

This may not mention 7 zones exactly, but it says Sonic 4 Episode 1 will be a full game:

Their source claims a name of Sonic 4: Episode 1. While that indicates piecemeal content, the downloads will be a full game, according to the information SegaOnline sent into us via News Tips:

Sonic 4 Episode 1, is going to be a full game. So that means 7 chaos emeralds and of course the purpose of defeating Dr. Eggman. You start in the Splash Hill Zone and finish in the E.G.G. Station zone.

Edited by 220

It didn't mention the number of zones, but some of us guessed there were more since Splash Hill was revealed accurately, but not E.G.G. Station.

So, I was curious and wanted to see what a modern/classic Super Sonic mash-up would look like hypothetically. Of course there's not that much variation between the different Super Sonic styles, but:

super_sonic_render_mod.png

This is the Unleashed render with the upwards-floating back spines from S3&K and the more extreme gold glow from the Sonic Channel artwork (where even his peach skin appears to be glowing gold). The uber-glow seems to better reflect the design from Advance and Rush as well.

Somehow it just looks better than before. Or is that just me being overly nostalgic?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the back quills make much of a difference here. The glowing effect does, however I prefer it toned down.

Else you have a repeat of Heroes where Tails and Knuckles look better than Sonic.

I think the main reason the back quills bother me so much is because it makes it feel like Sonic's head spines and back spines are made out of completely different materials somehow. It seems odd that his "hair" spines float upwards like hair caught in an updraft would whilst his back spines might as well be made out of solid gold in comparison.

I think the main reason the back quills bother me so much is because it makes it feel like Sonic's head spines and back spines are made out of completely different materials somehow. It seems odd that his "hair" spines float upwards like hair caught in an updraft would whilst his back spines might as well be made out of solid gold in comparison.

Well I suppose you could say the quills on the back are more tightly packed together, giving them resistance against the surging power :V

Yeah I see where you're coming from XD Though I would personally save the back quill change for Hyper Mode. Makes it look that much more awesome.

I wonder if Super Sonic will be able to homing attack. He might get a special ability only he can do instead. Then again seeing as some paths require the HA it would be odd to remove the ability from Super Sonic.

Also I hope he does that same stance when you press down.

Edited by speedfreak

• The title was changed to Sonic 4: Super Sonic Fully Playable