Awoo.

Sonic 4 interview in latest Nintendo Power

Detective Shadzter

Don't know about you, but most people who know of both designs think of them as separate, hence the name "Ass Face Sonic".

I thought "Ass face" was just another name for Classic Sonic.

Either way, the point stands that if we start to separate the Classic versions as individual of each other, we might as well do so for the Modern one.

Either way, the point stands that if we start to separate the Classic versions as individual of each other, we might as well do so for the Modern one.

No, it's another name for the American design. Because the ridge between his eyes is so pronounced compared to the Japanese one. As for separating the names for the modern design, they hardly different a much the two classic ones. Go for it if you want to though.

Edited by Blue Blood

As for separating the names for the modern design, they hardly different a much the two classic ones. Go for it if you want to though.

If the only thing that differs between the classic versions are the eye ridges, then I'd say that's hardly a difference in itself compared to the various differences in the modern ones, just to let you know.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

If the only thing that differs between the classic versions are the eye ridges, then I'd say that's hardly a difference in itself compared to the various differences in the modern ones, just to let you know.

Uh... I didn't say that was the only difference. Just that it's the difference that leads to the name 'assface'.

Uh... I didn't say that was the only difference. Just that it's the difference that leads to the name 'assface'.

But it was the main difference that separated it from the Japanese version that gave it the name "assface".

I'm just being fair with the designs here. If you can pull out differences between the different classic versions, you can do so with the modern ones.

But it was the main difference that separated it from the Japanese version that gave it the name "assface".

I'm just being fair with the designs here. If you can pull out differences between the different classic versions, you can do so with the modern ones.

Go for it then- differentiate between the 'Dreamcast' era and the uh... 'now' era? Sonic's body shape has changed a lot since SA1/2, eye-ridge flatter and eyes rounder.

Also...

thread_direction.gif

We should fix that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Would someone explain why everyone calls new sonic assfaced.

Erm. I wasn't calling the new Sonic assfaced. I was calling the classic American Sonic style assfaced. I've never seen anyone refer to modern Sonic as assface Sonic.

Thanks for derailing the topic for four pages while everyone argues about scowls and eyebrows for no apparent reason though. :P

Thank you. Can we move on and talk about something worthwhile now?

Oh, and the fangame demo. Impressive for a fan work, but I don't know how that would be like to play. Way too busy with the landscape detail there.

In related news I'm not renewing my subscription to Nintendo Power when it runs out. I'm a subscriber so why do people get their magazine a week or sometimes two before me? :angry: By the time I get it all the good stuff was already scanned and posted on the internet!

In related news I'm not renewing my subscription to Nintendo Power when it runs out. I'm a subscriber so why do people get their magazine a week or sometimes two before me? :angry: By the time I get it all the good stuff was already scanned and posted on the internet!

And thus Internet copypasta piracy claims another pouch of corporate gold.

AVAST!

Just read the Nintendo Power article. Learning that Iizuka is reassuming the role of director didn't exactly help my hopes, but the impressions NP gave did seem pretty promising.