Awoo.

When playing on Normal, I lose all my lives when I get to Patchy, or Sakuya, if I'm lucky.

I think I got past her ONCE. And got killed by Midboss Sakie on 6 :D

I've been wanting to get into it for a while, and I really like some of the music from the series. Does anyone know the easiest legal way to get the games? I'm a total moralfag so I'm not pirating anything.

I think the demos for each game are legal to download. If they aren't, then that's retarded.

But if you want the full games, then just fly/sail to Japan and get it at Comiket, and bring me some plushies while you're at it.

Even if you buy the games. You're most likely to actually get a bootleg copy. =/

I've been wanting to get into it for a while, and I really like some of the music from the series. Does anyone know the easiest legal way to get the games? I'm a total moralfag so I'm not pirating anything.

Your best bet is either Palet Web (http://www.paletweb.com/) or Himeya Shop (http://www.himeyashop.com/). They don't restock too often, though. Also you may check is a shop near you carries doujin games (in general around here every gaming shop carries import & doujin games, but that's because my country has an odd obsession with Japan).

Guess you're lucky then :lol:. Personally I've never seen doujin games in retail, at least in Britain.

Maybe they'll become more widely available eventually.

Personally I've never seen doujin games in retail, at least in Britain.

Closest to Japan we have is Anime and Manga being sold in shops and Japanese Restaurants =|

Regardless, ZUN doesn't like his works gaining too much popularity. It's why you don't see much in the way of figures for this series, and why they'll never be picked up by anyone. If he really wanted his games getting widespread, he'd get Taito to publish them rather than go through Comiket.

Closest to Japan we have is Anime and Manga being sold in shops and Japanese Restaurants =|

They were popular for a while too, but recently I've noticed the anime and manga sections getting smaller :mellow:

They were popular for a while too, but recently I've noticed the anime and manga sections getting smaller :mellow:

British Culture just only got into Japan while it was cool. We're obviously sick of it now.

Pokémon isn't a fad! It's a way of life! T-T

That should probably go for anime and manga too. They already shut off pretty much all the anime channels.

Does anybody know where to find the most recent English patch for Touhoumon (Ver. 1.53 I believe)? Key words being English and most recent. I've been having excessive amounts of diarrhea just looking for the damn thing. The closest I got to it was a valid MediaFire download from Pooshlmer, but it's password protected, and they like to pretend it isn't.

And if you say "Google", gtfo.

Can't find a patch D: The English one doesn't really get many patches ):

Don't mind me, feeling good about myself <3

So after hearing quite a bit about the game to the point that the series is the first that springs to mind when I think of the genre, a friend of mine on another forum (Prime_V2) introduced me to actually PLAYING the games and gave me a couple PC-98 games to see how I liked it. After practicing for a bit in Lotus Land Story I moved on to Mystic Square, which was my first true victory (On easy, and was it ever a close call). I've since been playing it on Normal, but I seldom make it far past Yuki and Mai... If I *did* make it as far as Shinki (sp?) on Normal, I think I'd end up in pieces... but its all crazy fun.

Prime is getting me Perfect Cherry Blossom for my birthday, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've never really payed much attention to shm'ups and I expected the difficulty to be a real turn off.. but after playing it, the genre seems like it would feel bland without the crazy bullet patterns. (and I probably never paid any attention to it because it IS bland without them)

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to some of the new features he's told me about... particularly replays. Its one of those games where you can barely describe the experience playing the game except by showing it off... and I for one play worse when somebody's looking over my shoulder so replays are a cool alternative.

So far, Marissa's my favorite character in terms of gameplay... though in terms of story, I actually liked some of the unfortunate adversaries more than the protagonists. Shinki made me feel quite guilty for killing the fifth boss... :lol:

Can't find a patch D: The English one doesn't really get many patches ):
Eh, well it turns out I was looking for the Lobsterhime version, which is basically the same as the current English version, but with a fixed Touhoudex to match the one on THWiki, changed movesets, and BGM changes (Which was the main reason I was looking for it. =F) Right now I'm trying to get my C.Tewi to evolve with Max Happiness so I can get an EX Tewi later on.

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to some of the new features he's told me about... particularly replays. Its one of those games where you can barely describe the experience playing the game except by showing it off... and I for one play worse when somebody's looking over my shoulder so replays are a cool alternative.
Heh, I don't know how many people I fooled whenever I pretended I was playing on Extra Stage, which was actually done by someone else who had a DL'd copy.

I have too many favorite characters but if it was between two, it would probably be between Reisen because she's bad-ass and cute at the same time, and Ran, just for being a nudist kitsune. Although, Yuyuko's dialogue in IN was so fucking adorable that I can just imagine what she would sound like if she had an English VA.

Prime is getting me Perfect Cherry Blossom for my birthday, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've never really payed much attention to shm'ups and I expected the difficulty to be a real turn off.. but after playing it, the genre seems like it would feel bland without the crazy bullet patterns. (and I probably never paid any attention to it because it IS bland without them)

People like PCB so much, I don't see what was so great about it myself. Yeah it wasw okay but. Not really stand out >.>

So far, Marissa's my favorite character in terms of gameplay... though in terms of story, I actually liked some of the unfortunate adversaries more than the protagonists. Shinki made me feel quite guilty for killing the fifth boss... :lol:

You'll be pleased to know that since Th06 onwards, people are no-longer killed in spellcard battles.

I just beat EoSD. On Normal. In the cheapest way imaginable. Using FRAPS to slow down the frame rate to 25 FPS. Worked like a charm.

Flandre still ate me though. Made a stupid "Stop focusing" mistake on Maze of Love.

You'll be pleased to know that since Th06 onwards, people are no-longer killed in spellcard battles.
I never knew Marisa and Alice were zombies.

100th Post!

Edited by Ricky

I never knew Marisa and Alice were zombies.

I didn't say everyone was! D:

• 3 weeks later...

Reason for Bump: Moved E3 threads were being faggots and buried this one without much notice.

So I took a bite of Reese's Puffs cereal, when I find myself watching

Now, for those of you who are struggling with EoSD (Which I think is everyone who posted here), this WILL help you... if you're using Marisa at least. Reimu users, not so much, because the damn circle blends in with her frilly, sexy kimono so damn well. Now all we need is a patch for the ENEMY bottom edge tracker, and I'll be happy to play on Normal anytime.

I'm also trying to figure out PoFV Netplay. Does it automatically pair you up with an opponent, or do you have to configure the whatever.DAT to somebody's Port and IP data?

If I remember correctly, you need to configure... whatever it is that has the port and IP things, but I never actually got around to netplay myself, so I'm probably hideously wrong.

Copypasta from the Touhou Wikia because that explains it better than I can:-

Now that you've patched, there should be a text file called "IP.txt" inside of your PoFV folder, open it, and you'll see a part that says "IPAddress=192.168.0.1" or something similar. Replace the IP that's already there with the one of the friend whom you're going to play with. Make sure they do the same thing (except with your IP instead of theirs). From here, you can also change the sync rate, it's default on high, but if you want to change it, put a ; in front of whichever sync rate doesn't have one, and delete the ; in front of the sync rate that you want. Lower sync rates will produce better frame rates.

Once you're done setting up IP and sync stuff, start up PoFV, and go into match mode, pick the bottom option. It'll flash between two messages until both you and your friend are on that screen, and connected to each other. If it's stuck here, you messed up somewhere along the way. (It looks like it freezes, don't worry about this.) Once you're connected, you'll experience whatever lag you're going to receive immediately, and be pushed to difficulty menu, then character select. It should be noted that both versions of the game should have the same characters unlocked, neither having more than the other, as the characters on either side are not automatically unlocked just because one side has them.

Using the patch alone for netplay is known to be very laggy. However lag is greatly reduced (if not eliminated) through the use of a third-party application called Adonis. After patching to version 1.50a, download Adonis here and follow the instructions inside.

Edited by Arcane

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bump this topic ;D The UFO demo not only got updated, there's also now a release date for UFO, being the 14th of August.

On top of that, tasofro has been hard at work and have announced Touhou 12.3: Touhou Hisoutensoku and will have a release (Unknown if it'll be atrial or full version) the day AFTER UFO's release. It currently looks like a patch to 10.5 SWR, that adds a new story, and three confirmed new characters.

1248587450878.jpg1248586138205.jpg

Technically 5 if you count the fact that Kanako/Suwako are summon-able. But also, screenshots sho that Marisa/Reimu/Patchy have some new skills.

1248588764835.jpg

1248894442961.jpg

1248894495753.jpg

I kinda like the new UI, but I'll link the other images that show off some of Cirno/China/Sanae's abilities in the game.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Miku...48586345925.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Miku...48894237990.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Miku...48894315684.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Miku...48894369536.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Miku...48894409672.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*waves* Both UFO and 12.3 are out. I've not got either yet. But apparently UFO is a disappointment for "oldfags" *shrugs*. I do have screenshots of UNL.

1250312617795.jpg

They're the strongest, ze.

The rest are here.

Edited by DarkOverord

• 4 weeks later...

ⓣⓗⓘⓢ ⓓⓐⓨ ⓘⓢ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓢⓣⓡⓞⓝⓖⓔⓢⓣ ⓓⓐⓨ ⓔⓥⓔⓡ. (ⓞ ⓗⓐⓨ ⓕⓡⓞⓖ-ⓣⓐⓝ)

ⓐⓛⓢⓞ, ⓔⓝⓖⓛⓘⓢⓗ ⓟⓐⓣⓒⓗ ⓕⓞⓡ ⓊⒻⓄ ⓘⓢ ⓐⓛⓡⓔⓐⓓⓨ ⓞⓤⓣ. ⓔⓨⓔ ⓢⓣⓘⓛⓛ ⓗⓐⓥⓔ ⓣⓞ ⓕⓘⓝⓘⓢⓗ ⓡⓔⓟⓛⓐⓨⓘⓝⓖ ⒾⓃ ⓣⓗⓡⓞⓤⓖⓗ ⓈⒶ ⓣⓗⓞⓤⓖⓗ.

Oh, it's nice to see this topic still alive after my prolonged absence from these boards. Too bad that in the 5 months I was off the boards I didn't manage a single Normal 1cc :( I did get to Shinki's last pattern once though...