Awoo.

I play Touhou... on easy (yes, yes, I know: "EASY MODO?!");

There's nothing wrong with playing Easy, except on IN which is syutpidly easy

So I played one of the Touhou games a while back and decided that it was a waste of time. It must be because I've grown tired of seeing these characters everywhere (like fucking everywhere), but it's not exactly an ideal shooter either.

To the series' credit, it did make way for this doujin album which is full of wonderful music.

I agree that as of late, the characters are getting more and more plastered everywhere! But I'm hardly gonna jump to defend what IS on the easy side of Bullet Hell games.

Or TH09. Even Normal is easy to beat on that, and I play on Easy everywhere else. Was ZUN drunk or just lazy when programming the AI when he made that?

Also, about #@$%ing time we had a thread for this.

I've made it to stage four on normal in Imperishable Night actually (With deaths)! But I was totally intimated by Marisa and quit, "THE GAPS IN THESE STARS ARE TOO FREAKING SMALL. I CANNOT DO THIS!!!" And I'm scared to see Reimu on normal... dear God, I fought her once on easy and I never want to do it again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've made it to stage four on normal in Imperishable Night actually (With deaths)! But I was totally intimated by Marisa and quit, "THE GAPS IN THESE STARS ARE TOO FREAKING SMALL. I CANNOT DO THIS!!!" And I'm scared to see Reimu on normal... dear God, I fought her once on easy and I never want to do it again.

I fought Reimu on easy. She'll give you nighmares, that's all I'm going to say about it.

Not as bad as Orin was, though. O_o

Edited by Axl

Not as bad as Orin was, though. O_o

*shudders* Orin.... oh dear God. I bombed the hell out of her. Not only was she hard but stage five of SA is brutal. Brutal!!!! Too bad, because the music in that stage is wonderful. I need to find a nice acoustic cover of Lullaby of a Deserted Hell!! *puts on "To Do" list* SA is so hard, but I LOVE stage four. It's hard, yet fun!

Even still, I've fought Orin twice.... Reimu I'm still scared of.

*shudders* Orin.... oh dear God. I bombed the hell out of her. Not only was she hard but stage five of SA is brutal. Brutal!!!! Too bad, because the music in that stage is wonderful. I need to find a nice acoustic cover of Lullaby of a Deserted Hell!! *puts on "To Do" list* SA is so hard, but I LOVE stage four. It's hard, yet fun!

Even still, I've fought Orin twice.... Reimu I'm still scared of.

Orin isn't too hard to get to for me anymore, it's beating her that's the problem.

Orin isn't too hard to get to for me anymore, it's beating her that's the problem.

Almost the same. I usually make it to Stage 5. But if I haven't Game Over'd by that point. Orin finishes the job :V

Almost the same. I usually make it to Stage 5. But if I haven't Game Over'd by that point. Orin finishes the job :V

I actually got to Okuu.

Once.

I didn't beat her, though.

I actually got to Okuu.

Once.

Did her second spellcard kill you? :V

I actually got to Okuu.

Once.

I got to Okuu twice. Failed both times. I'm sure I was killed by a giant white bullet of doom.

Wait, I remember... once I was killed by one of her NON spellcards! It was humiliating... gee Touhou on normal is going to take sometime for me.

Some more info!

A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

e0088742_7401138.jpg

Translation of this screenshot

Konpaku Youmu

Quick Draw Type

Shot: (unfocused) Sword Chi

(standing?) Lotus Slash

* Cannot shoot during focused movement.

Spell Card: Empty Perception [six-Root Cleansing]

Special Abilities: Hitbox becomes extremely small in focused movement mode.

Very high attack power in spirit world.

pacifist run is now easy modo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Y1Ad6Hv50

Huh, so this is Youmu's bomb... :V

Also "Spirit World"? That'll explain the weird Marisa thing

Did her second spellcard kill you? :V

I got to the point where her normal bullets move in curved patterns and accidentally into their path. (I think it was after her second spellcard, may have been her third.)

That was embarrassing.

Edited by Axl

I got to the point where her normal bullets move in curved patterns and accidentally into their path. (I think it was after her second spellcard, may have been her third.)

That was embarrassing.

3rd Midspell aye. Huh. I'd have though MegaFlare killed yah ;P

To be honest, I found Okuu much, much easier than Orin once the 'OMG SUN DANMAKU' shock wore off. Her patterns are simpler than Orin's with the dificulty coming solely from the huge bullets. Hell, once I reached her final spellcard on Easy, I captured it on my first try while Orin's S6 spellcard is the only one I can capture with any degree of reliability.

To be honest, I found Okuu much, much easier than Orin once the 'OMG SUN DANMAKU' shock wore off. Her patterns are simpler than Orin's with the dificulty coming solely from the huge bullets. Hell, once I reached her final spellcard on Easy, I captured it on my first try while Orin's S6 spellcard is the only one I can capture with any degree of reliability.

Edited by Axl

I believe beside Heaven and Hell meltdown, that Orin is a harder boss :V

In other news, I redownloaded 12.3.

I thought it when I got it, and I'll say it here. Utsuho = hax.

There is no logical reason for me to be able to play as her on Lunatic in Arcade and not do well with any other game in the series on EASY MODO.

• 1 month later...

Played it. As all 4 characters on Normal. Only managed to 1cc it with Marisa. And now for my character analysis.

Reimu: Didn't notice any difference from Th12. Still pretty reliable.

Marisa: Hell YESH, proper wide-shot lazers, and focused shots appear to be similar to SanaeB's shots from Th12. Double win.

Sanae: No frog nuke anymore. Slut.

Youmu: Meh. I would appreciate the focus slash more if the bullet-heavy patterns didn't force you to stop shooting for an extended period of time. It was pretty handy for Yoshika's first(?) spellcard though, sweeping those bullet-producing spirits that were off to the side.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1CFE92F5A6EE85E0

OST is up, features the "Spirit World" tracks as well!

I'm really fond of this

(Do not click if you don't want spoilers) It's so relaxing <3

creditomg.png

=D! (This is the guy who made the BGM extractor linked in my vids, not ZUN...)

Also a playthrough by me :V

Edited by DarkOverord

• 3 months later...

Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires Released

th13.jpg

Let's hope the image doesn't break this time

[insert ZUN's Moon Runes blog post here]

Downloadan it right now. All that I was spoiled to about it was:

- One of the new girls is a Tanooki.

- There's a fifth unlockable difficulty, "Overdrive"

- And my friends say the whole game is disappointingly easy.

Edited by Ricky

- One of the new girls is a Tanooki.

- There's a fifth unlockable difficulty, "Overdrive"

- And my friends say the whole game is disappointingly easy.

'Bout time the full version came out.

-Sweet.

-O-overdrive O-o-o-verdri-i-i-ive. *ahem* This should be interesting. A difficulty more insane than Lunatic? Can't wait to watch people try to get perfect runs on that difficulty. Of course, it probably makes the learning curve between Lunatic and Extra easier.

-Ricky, if I can beat the Stage 3 boss on Easy without using continues (This was in the demo version, though), it's easy. Probably not going to be as easy as TH09, though.

Edited by Axl

IS THIS OUT YET!? BECAUSE I HEARD IT CAME OUT TODAY AT COMIKET 80!

Edited by PSI Fire

I tried it on Normal with Reimu... had to retry like, three times, and even then I didn't clear it. Granted, that was just me being too cautious and not bomb-spamming like I should have been doing.

And a heads up: If you hated Shou and mid-boss Nazrin's curvy lazers, you are just going to LOVE stage 4.

Speaking of stage 4...

A blue-haired hermit named "Seiga". I can see the crossover fanart already.